Leatherface Buff To Make Him A Little Bit More Competitive

Increase his movement speed slightly when he's revved up. It's a little sad that he actually gets SLOWER, the longer he holds the charge as survivors get faster and faster. Also, going around a rock without hitting it due to the bigger hitbox of the killer slowing him down is almost impossible without add-ons because of his slow rev charge. I'm not saying make him fast as normal walking but make it so he's SLIGHTLY faster than a running survivor so he doesn't just revv and see a survivor a mile away. Also, make a flash of light like Huntress's primed hatchet so we know when it's fully charged since the bar looks full but sometimes, you let go and just lose the entire charge. That would be 2 nice QOL updates and that should be more than enough of a buff.

Comments

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

Leatherface is fine as he is right now. Just learn to use his chainsaw properly. He punishes mistakes like no other killer. When survivors don't make mistakes Billy is clearly better... but where was the last game you seen that survivors made every play perfectly correct?

If you buff his speed he will be broken with addons and pallet perks.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

Last chainsaw swing doing nothing and non working addons really fine...

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

It's actually worse than that. Last swing can't down a survivor but it can still stun Bubba if you move into an object during that semi-imaginary chainsaw swing.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    edited May 2019

Leatherface's ability MECHANIC should be streamlined to work like Billies. Both the revv movement speed penalty and rev time could be reduced. He has a worse chainsaw but has to charge longer, gets slowed more, and its hillariously easy to misfire it at 99%.

Arguably the charge time even gets artificially extended because the killer has to make sure he's really at 100%. While losing ground on his target.

The attack itself averages at about 115% according to the wiki, meaning every meter lost by revving too long cannot be recovered. Especially jarring because he starts slower than the survivor, giving them even more distance to run away. There's a reason LF mostly only hits with the last valid chainsaw swing even after hugging their backs.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

Yep. Without acceleration add-ons, you're just ######### unless you're already giving them a back rub XD

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

leatherface is a horrible killer that is made even worse by wonky object hitboxes that cause you to bump into something you aren't even touching

i'd love for him to get buffed

• Tizzerπ
    Tizzerπ Member Posts: 4

I think leatherface is in a good posistion for a small buff , I would like to see a movement speed buff while in chainsaw , because I cannot remember the last time I was killed by it , infect I have seen some Killers completely avoid using the chainsaw .