Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New game mode: 2 Killers Vs 8 Survivors

SystematicGod
SystematicGod Member Posts: 8
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
I suggest a new game mode that basically doubles everything. For example: 2x the Killers, 2x the Survivors, 2x the generators, 2x the map size, and most Importantly 2x the FUN! I think this will be a fun way to spice up the game and I hope you guys think so too.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I feel like that would be more annoying for the killers tho...
    And maybe for suvivors

• bortami
    bortami Member Posts: 91
    1 killer to guard someone on the hook till they die. 1 killer to run around and gather the next.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

It’s be nine or ten survivors. People are just guessing numbers with grade school math and commonly forget how snowballing works

• TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    Let’s not.
    2 killers being looped by multiple survivors as they all finish the gens in 6 minutes rather than 4 and then all escape while blinding you and teabagging. No thanks. 
  • SystematicGod
    Let’s not.
    2 killers being looped by multiple survivors as they all finish the gens in 6 minutes rather than 4 and then all escape while blinding you and teabagging. No thanks. 
    But if one killer is gonna get flashlight saved then the other could watch his back if they are near each other, so that already stops one point, and the other could be countered if bother Killers gang up on a survivor for a second then move on. It would take some communication if that's what your scared of
  • MasterLoli
    MasterLoli Member Posts: 73

I was thinking of this too. It's a really cool idea that needs to be perfectly balanced or else it would be not fun, probably more for the killers. I think the map should be above average size, but not by too much. Maybe... 6-7 generators? 6 survivors and 2 killers. I want them to making camping worse, so if you stand close, you get a harsher slowdown on sacrifice speed and the survivor gets bp for being camped depending on the amount of time the killer was in their area while on the hook to death or being pulled off.

I feel like this would be great but might make matchmaking slow since people would be going to two different gamemodes.

• guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149

It would be nice to see that, and I think more and more people want this mode, so if the devs finally decide to get it done, I hope we'll have a mode where we can kill with a friend. It would almost be the equivalence of SWF

• OXY
    OXY Member Posts: 68

Sounds like a fun idea, not gonna lie. I'd love to see that in game.

• SystematicGod
    guest602 said:

It would be nice to see that, and I think more and more people want this mode, so if the devs finally decide to get it done, I hope we'll have a mode where we can kill with a friend. It would almost be the equivalence of SWF

I honestly just want to relive the glory days when this game was still in beta and that one bug was still active where it was like 8-12 survivors against 1 killer
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611

I've actually already wanted something like this. Though I think at first it should only be possible on KYF and then transition to a Ranked mode, separate to the default.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

There'd be a lot of factors to consider. They would probably have to make unique courses for the game mode, since the other maps are too small for that kind of game. The number of gens done would have to be increased, of course, and there would need to be a careful balance of survivors and killers. I think it's a cool idea. I'd love to see what kind of killer combos would come of it, but the current balance of the game needs to be fixed before we begin to implement this idea.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    It would make for some interesting combos.
    A Huntress chasing and a Trapper setting up some traps. Survivors couldn't watch out for both things.
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Nurse and Hag could be interesting. A deadly combo.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

2v6 might be balanced. 2v8 sounds like a nightmare for the Killers.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

you know what would be great with that mode? new perks : like you help the other killer with aura sharing perks and the like... would bring some real new content

• Yuki
    Yuki Member Posts: 59

@SystematicGod said:
    I suggest a new game mode that basically doubles everything. For example: 2x the Killers, 2x the Survivors, 2x the generators, 2x the map size, and most Importantly 2x the FUN! I think this will be a fun way to spice up the game and I hope you guys think so too.

No thanks. Only fun would not be.

• deathdoer1
    deathdoer1 Member Posts: 87

I made a post suggesting KYF give more freedom to do things. Like why not give the option in KYF to allow more survivors or killers...

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

@bortami said:
    1 killer to guard someone on the hook till they die. 1 killer to run around and gather the next.

That wouldn't result in many kills.
    Better if they both had bbq & chilli ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Skorpanio

It would require new maps sinse the killers can come from diffrent directions and get 2 hits at once.
    But I'll forever support this concept and I really hope for them to someday add it.

• Skorpanio

It would be hard to balance every killer, so instead they could make killer combos such as - The Nurse and The Doctor or The TRapper and Te Wraith.
    In that way they would be able to balance both killers with eachother much easier!

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209

Congratulation! You are the 552,845th asking for this GameMode. GG

And NO! This will never happened.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Jack11803 said:

It’s be nine or ten survivors. People are just guessing numbers with grade school math and commonly forget how snowballing works

Yup 10 survivors 2 killers 12 generators
  • chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    NA PS4 players would get 29 survivors and one killer, but that would require an update .Nevermind. 
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    Let’s not.

They'll lose the game if they do that honestly

sounds like a good idea, would be very fun

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

Oh this gem suggestion. They addressed it on stream more than once I believe. No it won't happen.

• Sudoxxed
    Sudoxxed Member Posts: 34

They would also have to increase the gens on the map.
    5 gens with 8 survivors? No thanks.
    Maybe make it 8-10?

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311
    Sudoxxed said:

They would also have to increase the gens on the map.
    5 gens with 8 survivors? No thanks.
    Maybe make it 8-10?

Didn't know they already released a grave digging survivor/killer.
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@SystematicGod said:

is a great idea if there are 2 teams, blue vs red:

• killer can only hurt the opposite team
    • killers cant hurt each other or if so, only a stun
    • survs can only work on the same color gens as killers on the same color hooks etc

then game is awesome, with a huge competition

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

2X the campers too

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    edited January 2019
    Identity v has such a gamemode.
    2 killers ( no two of the same)
    8 survivors
    7 generators to open doors / i think 12 in total
    -30%repair speed penalty (or action speed im not sure on this one)
    Survivors need 3 hits to be downed. 2/3 of the healthstates count as injured. (Im not sure how healingbinteracts with that because i only played hunter)
    There are 2 shops for items for survivors and upgrades for killers( attack recovery halved, cd halved, movement speed bonus), those shops work with special points that equal bp gainef but dont spend your actual score.
    Currently only 2 maps, the biggest.
    Edit: hooked survivors cannot be rescued for 30 seconds, but i am not aware of changes to total sacrifice time.

Such a gamemode definitely needs a lot of balancing done.
    Post edited by Raptorrotas on