What is the best way to de-rank on PS4?

Options

my buddy is 6 ranks higher than I am and it constantly sends us into matches with Killers better than my casual 'for the thrill of being chased' playing ass and he's also tired of being that high because he plays for fun.

What is the best way for him to achieve this?

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

Run straight at the killer then attempt escape and don't struggle.

That's the best way that isn't breaking any rules.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Don't play until the 13th :)

• ForsakenM
    ForsakenM Member Posts: 47
    Options

Will that drop him from Rank 13 to Rank 18 or so?

I thought Rank Reset only drops you one or two.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    Options

The best way to de-rank is to play killer.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923
    Options

like DBD_Pinhead says play killer as clown or freddy ez depip but i'm against derank because?. You don't try to be better what are your reasons.

• Matchmaking queues
    • too hard for you
    • want killers/survivors to DC because you smash them.
  • Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    Options

just stand still as wraith or as survivor

or wait until the 13th to play like a regular person

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

If chases are your weakness how can you get better in chases if you want to play vs worse opponents?

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 993
    Options

That was recently changed to 16 in the last emblem system change, excluding rank reset of course, which can take you back to 20.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

Don’t play the game as much. Still too easy to rank up.

I have played 15 hours in two weeks, after not playing since December pretty much. Almost Rank 4 again. It’s a joke.

I used to be that person grinding out 8+ hours of DBD almost every day. I can’t do it anymore. I want to play relaxed and casually. High rank players are way too serious about this party game for my taste.

I will probably wait until the 13th to play again.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Why would you waste your life by spending time with games you're not really playing just offering yourself up for the hook? Second, even if you can't take the occasional frustration coming from the more competitive nature of higher ranks, is that reason enough to screw your teammates who'd actually want to play? If you're out soon, that leaves the three of them with a killer and 4-5 gens to do.

And anyway, if you successfully derank, and start playing normally, you'll eventually rank up again. So basically, you can spend about half of your total game time with "deranking" matches.

Makes no sense to me.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Like @George_Soros said there really is no point trying to derank, your just screwing over your time. Personally I just run really silly builds at the higher ranks to have fun.

The only reason I'd like to be lower than red ranks is for the variety of killers. But otherwise I'd rather be red ranks with good teammates that won't just get downed every 2 seconds and hide in the corners.

Some people want to be lower ranks because they can't bully the survivors/killer at higher ranks.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
    Options

Don't do SWF, thats one

get better on your own, don't be carried, thats two

and yeah....thats it

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620
    Options

de rank very bad thing fight fight and rank up

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

On a weekend I often wake up with a hangover to discover that drunk me has been playing without my knowledge and deranked me. 😥

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Wait in the corner of the map.

• Terminator525
    Terminator525 Member Posts: 18
    Options

If you want to derank as survivor best way to do it is by joining matches and quitting as soon as you get in match so you get -2 otherwise you'll only get -1 by dying.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@ForsakenM Your friend could afk for a bit or suicide on the first hook.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742
    Options

That's totally wrong, you can derank past 15 just by rank reset. You even mentioned it by 13th, LUL.

• scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149
    Options

or you and your friend could create new accounts and have the same rank and stop messing with the other players fun you couple of selfish pricks