Reworked Legion power advice?

Options
Daneryn
Daneryn Member Posts: 52
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

So I am trying to get familiar with legion (since his rework makes him no longer toxic) but I have no idea now how to use his power? I find a group of survivors, use power and I can already hear the 1st guy healing because he knows I will be hitting the other survivors around him. Any tips guys? (that are not sarcastic "yeah, play a better killer"), cheers!

Comments

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

If he's mending, he's not doing generators

That's sort of the point of the power is to waste survivors time. Wound as many as you can while power is active, chase down however is closest and down them when the power wears off.

Think of his power like the Pigs - it's there to slow them down and keep them off gens. So it's actually okay if people are mending while you are chasing somebody else - they aren't getting anything done if they're mending.

But keep them guessing. If all you ever do is wound without ever downing, they won't heal to full. Legion has regular killer speed now, so don't be afraid to keep them guessing by not using your power on wounded ones and downing them outright.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,692
    Options

@almo The problem is that it isn't enough of a delaying tactic. By the time you've even hit a second survivor, the first guy is already done mending. That is assuming Feral Frenzy didn't wear off before you made contact with the second survivor, which is usually the case. Killers don't win the game by injuring or delaying survivors. At some point, you need to put them on hooks.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

Yes, but now that he's 4.6 m/s, you have more of a chance to get those people and put them on hooks while others are mending. I've personally done pretty well wounding multiple Survivors with the longer FF distance (50m instead of the old 31) and KI, but that's just me.

Still watching performance metrics. :)

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    Options

The power is a tracking tool, with a built in forced delay from generator repair. Adding in damaging hits or even franklin's will make them delay the gens even more. After that he is a m1 killer like any other. So just don't get caught up on long chases and keep tabs on people. Eventually you will end your ability near someone and with the 115% speed be able to down them.

• Daneryn
    Daneryn Member Posts: 52
    Options

Yeah I remember those days! 😅

Doing better with Legion now, I was really underestimating the use of feral frenzy to wound survivors. Although they can heal deep wounds quickly, it still serves to keep players injured which I find makes them play much more cautiously at the least, making them more likely to mess up in situations such as loops where it comes down to mind games.

Cheers again guys!