The Freddy Rework: My thoughts.

Options
Rlabotath
Rlabotath Member Posts: 123

So the Freddy Rework was in the DBD 3YA stream. I want to give my thoughts on what they described.

Falling Asleep Over Time: This is good. This is something many community members suggested, and I love it.

Invisible at a distance while survivor is awake: Awesome. This makes him a lot better against awake survivors because if they're out in the open (street gens) it'll be a lot more difficult to spot him at a distance. I'm curious how this pairs with OoO.

While asleep, lullaby instead of terror radius: Beautiful. Allows him to mindgame since the lullaby was already difficult to know exactly where he was (not impossible, just somewhat). This sounds good.

Waking up on any failed skillcheck: Good, didn't make sense for Sabotage to not count.

Dream Clock: Survivors thank you. Being stuck asleep and never getting a skillcheck sucks. Although, using Green Dress always felt like it GAVE survivors skillchecks rather than making them happen less, but I digress.

His tentative powers:

Dream Pallet: Please keep this. I totally get that this is a cheap imitation of the Doctors Madness Pallets, but what I love is that they CAN be thrown down, and they explode in Blood when done. This means that unlike Madness Pallets, they don't disappear just from walking past them. This makes the mindgame so much stronger.

Dream Snare: Depending on how long it takes to place this, how long it sticks around, ect. This could be entirely useless, as while you're placing it, they'll just run to another loop. I feel this would be... I don't know, just padding if the rest of his kit is too weak.

Dream TP: #########. Yes. Finally, a killer that can traverse extremely long maps without having to walk/blink the entire thing. This is great with Surveillance, and just a good way to apply lots of pressure. Please keep this, and don't make it too weak.

My thoughts: Get rid of Dream Snare, allow Dream Pallets to stun the killer, but they also stun the survivor for slightly less time than the killer would be stunned (therefore, Enduring doesn't create free hit). But, allow Dream Pallets to be afflicted with debuffs, like Hindered and Broken, ect. Remove the need of the Dream Snare by doing this. Hell, even give him an Add-On that "replaces" two standard pallets with Dream Pallets. If you make both Dream TP and Dream Pallets decent on their own, you'll see people choose Add-on paths that go in both directions, rather than having Pig on your hands, where there's only 1 really good set (combat straps and video tape,) and a bunch of other "meh" sets.

Comments

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

A correctly placed Dream Snare could eliminate strong loops from the sounds of it.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Teleport to gens? Sounds like easy three gen strat every game.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319
    Options

Did you miss the fact that Freddy can interact with survivors now regardless of Dream state? That by itself is game changing for Freddy.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

Yea now I have to deal with annoying af body blocking survs

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

+Overcharge+PGTW and you can't do the gen in 30 years

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,803
    Options

Having fake pallets that also stun Freddy would remove the need for half of his power?

No.

• kaoraku
    kaoraku Member Posts: 247
    Options

He will be overpowered like hell.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

"...allow Dream Pallets to stun the killer"

Are you kidding??? Why don´t we add a button so the killer can stab him/herself before using his/her power? That would make it so much fun and balanced

• SecretSenpai
    SecretSenpai Member Posts: 14
    Options

I wonder what the new dream world will look like?

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

@SecretSenpai Me too, when they revealed the info on Freddy I assumed they were basically finished with him so I was surprised with how much wasn't done.

Instead of the fog it would be cool if things were on fire or covered in blood because that's what Freddy's world is like, hot wet metal and gore.

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Options

The whole point of dream pallets is for them to be fake why use them if they stunned you I'd rather not use the feature at all then 😑

• Rlabotath
    Options

The point is instead of a normal pallet, where you'd be stunned while they run away (then have to break the pallet ect.) the survivor isn't immediately #########. We already have survivors complaining about every damn thing in the game, and getting a free hit because of a dream pallet "stunning the survivor for the animation of dropping the pallet" is going to cause all the survivor mains to whip their tiny dicks out and piss on everything until they get what they want. I figured this was a "simple" way to keep those people from pissing and moaning, not to mention it adds a little complexity to your own play, as it doesn't stun you if they just drop it before it'd hit you. So, if you plan around it, you'd still have the free hit anyway.

The comment about Freddy interacting without dream world: No, I didn't miss that.

The comment about the snares being potentially really strong when we'll placed: I don't think these are like Bear Traps or Hag traps. From the way it sounded, it was a "mid chase" ability. Hence my sentiment. If it was like Hag with Clown gas (or the add on) then by all means it's good. But mid chase, survivors will just leave, and my guess is the snare fades after 20 or so seconds.

In regards to why I'm not linking each comment: I'm on a phone and tired.

• 1_TDSDarthWage
    1_TDSDarthWage Member Posts: 4
    Options

This feels more like a nerf.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@T0xicTyler Place down snares as you run around a loop and if the survivor runs a second time around, they'll have to run through a row of snares and be a super easy target to hit.

He'll basically be a better Clown.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

He's gonna be rubbish and boring except for people who enjoy boring M1 killers. Any unique playstyle is gone and replaced by recycled trash like Plague and Ghostface. I'm expecting the next killer to be the same. :(

• ReLyK
    ReLyK Member Posts: 1
    Options

the dream pallets stunning Freddy is silly, a detrement to the power

• gdf111
    gdf111 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Well I guess not being able to hit survivors is by definition "unique" for a killer in dead by daylight. I think those dream snares are gonna be plenty more fun than waiting 7 seconds before being able to hit someone.

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    Options

"SeVeN sECoNds FEdoRa mAn BaD." Yes Hags waterlogged shoe built in is gonna be super fun.......😒

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

I am excited to try him out, I am going to miss ma boi's pimp hand tactics though.

I'm thinking Tinkerer, Pop Goes, Thana, and Bamboozle.

So my strategy I came up with is at a loop when they jump through the window I place a Snare near the corner where they come around, then I hop over the window and keep chasing. Then if they fall for it they'll know the window is blocked but run right into the Snare and I catch them anyway because they got slowed.

Tinkerer is obviously for Gens that are almost done, not sure if it'll work but the plan is to climb over there and scare everyone off before they finish it. Now IF, a big IF I hook someone before this then I should be able to get there before they finish because Thana is slowing them down and BAM, knock that Gen with my Spice Weasel.

Tru3talent says the Dream Pallets will be better but I'll have to see it for myself, I know they'll be fun to use of course but I don't want to say better because it's just a mind trick.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

I would like to point out that in theory the dream pallets are 100% useless. Because the advantage one gives you doesn't exist until the second they push the drop button, right up until that moment your power has done nothing.

Thus if a Survivor is paying attention while awake (ie: are red ranks) then they will almost never fall for a fake pallet thus making that power useless.

The snare however is useful even given perfect knowledge from the Survivors. You can use it to deny curtain strong loops such as the Killer Shack even mid chase.

The viability of those snares is contingent on how quickly he can set them up and the area they cover. But on a fundamental level a 15% slow is superior to an easily spotted fake pallet.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

One thing which was annoying on old Freddy is that you wanted to hit a Survivor which was in the dream world but the Auto Aim aimed for the Survivor which wasn't asleep if 2 Survivors were like close together.

• Rlabotath
    Options

This has been my current feeling with him as of using him and playing against him. I had a match where the Freddy said we dodged every fake pallet the entire match, nobody through one down the entire time. I feel the Dream Pallet is way too weak, and adding an "aura reveal" is dumb because that only helps you if the survivor is purposefully following you to drop them afterwards, which rarely happens.

honestly, two parts of Freddy are dumb atm: Dream Pallets, and the Intermittent vision while awake. It's pointless while awake, because the terror radius gives you more than enough information to react appropriately, thus making pill bottles pointless. And Dream Pallets are bad because [read above paragraph.]

If Dream pallets had an actually useful status effect on Survivors who throw them down when not in a chase, or any other effect, they might become better and more useful. If they changed the intermittent vision to when you're asleep, holy ######### it'd be amazing and actually terrifying.

• rippedforeskin
    rippedforeskin Member Posts: 12
    Options

i prefer discordance instead of tinkerer you can use it more and it will take you to 2 other players twice the chance