The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Last Time You Saw a Movie in Theaters

Ghostface_Main_TBH
Ghostface_Main_TBH Member Posts: 58

Not many good movies have released in a while IMO. I’m probably gonna watch the new Godzilla and the new Chucky when that comes out. I know a lot of people just wait for Netflix but I wanted to see if anyone still goes to the theater. 

Comments

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Went out to see Venom a while back, mind blower. RIP Stan Lee.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Last movie I went to watch was Godzilla like 2 days ago. I go to the movies a lot

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Last time I went to the movies was to watch End game. I loved it!

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

Last time was to see "Jumanji: Welcome to the jungle."

I didn't like it too much. Jack Black was hilarious though, he seemed to have a lot of fun portraying a pretty, sassy girl in a fat man body.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I last saw "Us" when I was at the cinema with my pal.

Awesome movie btw.

Gonna see the Godzilla one, most definitely, as the critics are mad because of "not enough human drama" and "too much monster fights".

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

I think it was Shazam, I was outvoted for that because I wanted to go see Us but majority of my friends that went don’t like horror. Going to the movies tomorrow though, it’s actually frequent for me but like you said there’s really not been anything exciting out for a while. Waiting for IT chapter 2 in September mostly (going to be a great month because borderlands 3 is also out then)

• Ghostface_Main_TBH

Ya I heard that, literally the whole reason people see Godzilla movies is for the monster fights

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Detective Pikachu last week, fantastic movie. I was worried itd be gen 1 pandering like so much of the franchise is but it really did a good job capturing the series as a whole.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

Too long actually. I am not a fan of the movies and I prefer tv shows.

It is a good hang out activity tho.

• Ghostface_Main_TBH

Ya, ask anyone over the age of 30 to name a Pokémon and they will always either say pikachu or one of the gen 1 starters.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

@Ghostface_Main_TBH

While most of the time true, my mom actually knows Pikachu, 2 of the gen 1 starters, and Eevee

• MathewMii
    MathewMii Member Posts: 62

My last movie in the theater was Detective Pikachu. I would have loved to see more Pokemon, but they did a great job with what they got. May the sequels be blessed with more greatness.

Brownie points for including a Tyrantrum, my favorite Pokemon.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

About a week ago, I saw Godzilla King of the Monsters AND John Wick 3

Loved both :)

• RatDBD
    RatDBD Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2019

Bit of a story.

I'm not a huge movie fan, nor do I like shows. I do like a simple few though, and will go out to see a movie if I'm invited by some friends. My (internet) friends convinced me to go see Detective Pikachu with them when I was out in California visiting them last month. The movie was decent for a children's movie actually, and for what it was to be honest.

The funniest part, and call me coldhearted for this... but I could not contain my laughter. Here's the picture; The movie finishes at let's say approximately 5pm, we grab our drinks and empty popcorn container and proceed to exit the movie theater. It's sunny outside, birds are chirping, smells of green grass, and stale theater food wafting past us. There's lovely little families all around us out to enjoy their Saturday afternoon at the movies. As we take in the view, we witness something that made our night (I know we're coldhearted, I get it).

Out trots this little 4-6yr old girl, pikachu stuffed animal in-hand. She's skipping out of joy in front of us, so proud to have this little fluffy Pokemon themed doll. But out of nowhere! Disaster! Big scary brother (he was about two years older than her) runs past his little sister, smacking her precious Pikachu doll straight out of her hand! Oh no! The Pikachu doll hits the ground with a massive thud. The next thing we here is WAAAAAAAH!

I know, now. We sound like monsters. But it was just the most absurd noise we've ever heard come out of someone's mouth, and to top it all off the thud of the Pikachu hitting the floor was hilarious. Two of us tried desperately to hold our laughter in, but to no avail, as our other mate couldn't contain his. As soon as he bursted out laughing we all quickly followed, and quickly made our way down the escalator.

Not the best story, and doesn't sound to funny when put into text, but only if you could have heard this wail, you'd understand us laughing at this poor 4yr old girl. That was the last time I went to the movies, and probably will be for a long time. I really don't care for movies.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Just recently I watched Hustle (a Rebel Wilson movie) and when I came out I saw this ^^ (not mine but still.)

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

i went to see Ma last Wednesday, that could of been better, was worth a watch though some teens jumped/screamed for no real reason