If you could give any underused perk a small buff, what would you do?

Options
Redd
Redd Member Posts: 833

Please only pick one or two, and for the sake of discussion define underused as less than one person every 5 games.

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Already made a huge lengthy post on this, if you want to see my suggestions go check it out.

• Redd
    Options

How would that work? Would you just never go to sleep?

• Redd
    Options

I would not consider that underused. At least one survivor runs it in most of my games. The idea behind the thread is how would you give a little love to a perk you rarely see.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

Underused is like understatement of the century.

I have never seen this used.

Then again, maybe it was used sometime in the last few months I wouldn't know since killer loadout is blocked (sorry I'm still salty over that). But that perk definitely needs a buff.

• Redd
    Options

Monstrous Shrine currently sees no use because it only subtracts 5.4 seconds per hook phase, the other changes might as well not exist, and it’s only basement hooks. It would not be good off it was all hooks.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Here, i'll grab two perks I picked out from that old Overhaul post I made for useless perks.

• No Mither (You are affected by the Broken Status Effect for the duration of the Trial. Your thick blood coagulates practically instantly. You don't leave a pool of blood. Grunts of pain caused by injuries are reduced by 50/75/100% at any time. Grants the ability to fully recover from the Dying State. Gain 50/75/100% more Bloodpoints for actions in the Altruism Category.)
    • No One Left Behind (Once the Exit Gates are powered, gain 50/75/100% more Bloodpoints for actions in the Alturism category and you gain 5/10/15% additional speed to Unhooking.)
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

I did a whole thing for Monstrous Shrine, check out my discussions if you want to see.

Open Handed: Increase the aura reading by an additional 4 meters for each tier. Simple, but very powerful for all Aura reading perks and add ons.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
    edited June 2019
    Options

There are many perks and that means one thing, when we have to do P3 at a killer they are many points, therefore, if it were dev:

• All the perks that work almost the same, would make them come together for the same perk.
  • PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354
    Options

Shadowborn - increase the FOV to pre nerf values, once upon a time near the start of dbd shadowborn was a crazy good perk, but those times are long since past.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819
    Options

Windows of opportunity.

Stridor.

• thejanitor
    thejanitor Member Posts: 2
    Options

i think small game could use some love for how much people use noed and ruin I hardly ever see it used. I think the longer range as it tiers up actually makes it worse. it makes it less clear when the items are. The point of the perk seems to be to alert you of traps while being chased and second to help locate items. Here’s my suggestion.

“The auras of set traps and totems within 8 meters in a 15/30/45 degree cone in front of you are revealed and remain revealed for 2/4/6 seconds.

You gain a 5% speed bonus to disarming traps and destroying totems.”

I feel this version would be useful to new players to avoid traps when being chased but also useful to more experienced players as well when trying to focus on breaking totems.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

We are gonna live forever during a save every survivor can see the killer aura for 4sec

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411
    Options

Vigil instead of making you recover 20% faster make it so your always recovering even when running =D

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

This.

Shadowborn is great but the FOV is still so small.

• dasw0nderkid
    dasw0nderkid Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2019
    Options

Thrill of the Hunt - Let the killer know which hex totem is being cleansed (ruin or thrill or DHope etc) and the progress of the cleansing.

Boil Over - slight speed buff to the wiggle meter / no icon to show the killer you are using it.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    Options

Lightweight: Scratch marks are visible for 2/3/4 seconds left.

You run lightweight on you, making your running footsteps moderately/considerably/tremendously quieter.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    edited June 2019
    Options

I'm going to do one killer perk & one survivor perk, though the first one isn't exactly a small buff.

Thanatophobia - Overhaul this perk so it only applies to generator progress speed, this should eliminate further perk stacking with coulrophobia & sloppy butcher.

But in return, for every survivor injured the speed of which generators are repaired is slowed down by 8.25% up to a maximum of 33% in total.

This change would provide Thanatophobia with a buff that would encourage healing which would be more efficient by 7 seconds and botany knowledge would be a perfect counter as you heal 33% faster with that perk.

Up The Ante - I cannot remember the last time someone unironically used this perk.

Make it so it has synergy with ace in the hole by allowing it so each time this perk is used, an additional chest spawns in the trial.

Post edited by vampire_toothy on
  • Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

No Mither - On your second hook, you do not instantly progress to the next hook stage. (This means if you were hooked for 20 seconds, you will still have 100 seconds remaining and won't be struggling. If you were hooked and reached the struggle phase, you won't instantly be sacrificed.)

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    Options

@Poweas thank you.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

She, but yes. I meant at the end when gates are powered. As adrenaline already does.

I get how adrenaline wakes you, but why does the perk "Wake Up" not? Lol

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Wake Up!- I'd increase the gate opening speed to at least 30-50% at level 3, although that may sound like a lot the perk benefits you none whatsoever the whole match unless you open a gate. Seeing the gates isn't worth much at all since you can see them and remember the location anyways.

Left Behind- Instead of affecting generators it should allow you to hear the hatch from farther away, or possibly give some aura reading on it at a short distance. I know that's more of a rework than a small buff but honestly generators as last survivor are almost always useless 99.9% of the time, even if it was 1000% bonus repair speed it wouldn't matter, it needs to do something different

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

WGLF now also gives a stack for healing someone.

• Cancan71
    Cancan71 Member Posts: 709
    Options

Autodidact - After healing a survivor for 4 seconds, a skill check is guaranteed to appear. This goes on cool down for 10 seconds.

Deja Vu - The repair progress of generators can be determined by the intensity of their auras.

Unnerving Presence, Overwhelming Presence, Coulrophopbia - The effects of these perks last for 15 seconds after the survivor leaves the terror radius.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Dying Light:

Your Obsession's faith of escaping fades with time. The Obsession will have a 100% chance to unhook themselves. Everytime your Obsession is unhooked, every survivor with the exception of the Obsession will suffer a 30%/40%/50% repair speed penalty for 90 seconds. Hooking the Obsession while the penalty is activate will permanently deactivate the perk.

• MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246
    Options

Hex totems : Make it so all hex totems are inactive until their effect takes place, ruin will be active as it is now, devour hope, lullably will be inactive until their first hook, so you have chance to get use out of the perk etc

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Thrill of the hunt: no longer a hex perk it's meant to defend your hexes making it a hex is very counterintuitive.

Small games: Add a counter that reveals how many totems are currently on the map

I also know this is a bit cheaper but I'm going to throw some of the ghost's perks up here ( I refuse to call him the ghost face)

I'm all ears: any noise notification made out of your terror radius will reveal the maker's aura for 6 seconds. (This includes rushed actions, skillcheck failures, and unhooking for the rescuer only)

Thrilling tremors: honestly lower the cooldown or just remove it considering it only activates once you pick up or interrupt a survivor it really doesn't need a cool down

Furtive Chase: just make it so you don't lose your tokens The Obsession is killed. it can already take a while for it to stack and situations where it's beneficial aren't massive so the downside of losing your stacks it's really unnecessary.

It should be a similar idea to what was used for Save The Best For Last. Getting all those stack only just to lose them if the obsession dies is a complete waste of time and Save The Best For Last is more useful so I don't know why furtive chase is that crippled

• _LC
    _LC Member Posts: 105
    Options

I would also pick Distortion. In my opinion adding just one or two tokens would make a nice difference

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    edited June 2019
    Options

Survivor Perk:

Left Behind: Allows you to do an animation for 15 seconds to manually picklock the hatch IF you are the only one ALIVE at the end of the match and ENDGAME has started.

Killer Perk:

Dying Light: As long as the obsession is alive, all survivors lose 20% gen repair speed as long as 1 survivor is hurt. Every time the obsession is hooked, you lose 5% of the total 20% of the debuff. If the obsession is changed, the original obsession is still the only one that can affect this perk. If the obsession is killed, the perk is deactivated and cannot be reactivated by another perk or another obsession.

Post edited by AStupidMonkeyy on