Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Leatherface chapter rushed?

So I was wondering about something, do you guys think LF was a rushed out killer? I say this because he is the ONLY chapter to date that didn't release with:

A. A map
B. A new survivor

He also just feels very poorly and lazily designed in terms of his power. He is really just a poor mans Hillbilly ( Except ironically Hillbilly is free whereas LF isn't ).
If a dev sees this, i'm not trying to sound like an ass, I just am curious as to what went wrong with Leatherface?

Comments

• he was rushed. It's been stated the people who held license to LeatherFace pretty much dumped this on DBD desk and they made it ASAP for that cash grab. I don't know the exact deals but for them to jump on this and work it so fast, must of been a good offer for them. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@MrChills said:
    he was rushed. It's been stated the people who held license to LeatherFace pretty much dumped this on DBD desk and they made it ASAP for that cash grab. I don't know the exact deals but for them to jump on this and work it so fast, must of been a good offer for them. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You know I wouldn't even mind that much if even after they relesed him they gave him some love. But tbh they kind of barely ever speak of him now

• @IronWolf115 said:

@MrChills said:
    he was rushed. It's been stated the people who held license to LeatherFace pretty much dumped this on DBD desk and they made it ASAP for that cash grab. I don't know the exact deals but for them to jump on this and work it so fast, must of been a good offer for them. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You know I wouldn't even mind that much if even after they relesed him they gave him some love. But tbh they kind of barely ever speak of him now

I run Tinker 3, BBQ, BloodHunt( my eyes are #########), and Noed on him along with extended chainsaw reach add on and a chainsaw decrease time. Sometimes a green/red mori. you should be having decent games.

• IronWolf115

@MrChills said:

@IronWolf115 said:

@MrChills said:

I run Tinker 3, BBQ, BloodHunt( my eyes are #########), and Noed on him along with extended chainsaw reach add on and a chainsaw decrease time. Sometimes a green/red mori. you should be having decent games.

Yeah it's just a real shame that he is a killer that relies on add-ons. Though I know he certainly isn't the only one

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

The chapter actually included a map (the Grim Pantry)

• IronWolf115

@White_Owl said:
    The chapter actually included a map (the Grim Pantry)

Hmm I guess so, I just don't find it very unique to LF considering that they have a farm in the movie. It would have been a nice addition to coldwind farm.

• @White_Owl said:
    The chapter actually included a map (the Grim Pant

thought all swamp maps were hag maps?

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

His release was very clearly rushed. He didn't come with a map or a survivor and his release trailer was very lackluster.

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173

I think the other thing to remember is that "The Hillbilly" was their version of Leatherface without the rights to Leatherface and "The Thompson House" map is very much like the farm house from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Only thing else they could have done would have been to add more of an underground maze kinda thing or a map that was entirely the sawyer house. But yeah it was less content than other DLCs.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited July 2018

@MrChills said:

@White_Owl said:
    The chapter actually included a map (the Grim Pant

thought all swamp maps were hag maps?

Devs have said Grim Pantry is Leatherface's map iirc

• Sam00077
    Sam00077 Member Posts: 87
    Grim Pantry was indeed another version of the swamp but unique to the leatherface. It also made me wonder why they’ve done the same thing with the chapel.