DC punishment "leak"?

liviu1911
liviu1911 Member Posts: 150

so i'm watching over a community , where posts are about "hacks, glitches, etc" , and i saw someone posted " the new save game structure". and there in the save code, is this line

"disconnectPenaltyTime": "0001-01-01T00:00:00.000Z"

i can speculate that when someone dc will get a penalty time (like cs:go or other titles), instead of future permanent ban ? that would be oke.. i mean DC isn't right , but again.. being perma-banned for non cheating isn't right either, even if some others like the idea... DC bad, but NOT cheat :D

anyway.. if my theory would be the thing, i'm happy with it... because dc needs to be punished ... and new dedicated servers will grant the possibility for that :) finally something good for the future.

PS DEVS! delete ghostface :) ;* love you all

Comments

• liviu1911

with kiler being the host , is not simple to do this thing, but on dedicated servers will be simple to do, and it will be an insta-timeout thing ... you press dc, or close the game , or whatever you do to dc... you are timed out for: nn:nn time. because being on dedicated servers is easy to monitor all players, and automatic mostly... :)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Yeah that's why they're waiting for dedicated servers.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

It's not as simple as with dedicated servers, but that doesn't mean it's not simple. They actually have a portion of the formula already in place. Have you ever noticed the 5 second delay after you leave a lobby before you can join another? It's that line of coding just with a different trigger and time.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

What are u searching in a hacking/cheating community tho ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

• liviu1911

not searching, watching. for stuff like this. info about things, exploits or bugs.

• liviu1911

well... the thing is they can't do nothing now. as i said, the host are killers now and it's not possible to make an accurate tool that manage this thing. but on dedicated servers will be much easier... and will work better than what you suggested. also , there is a huge difference between that 5 seconds timer and this punishment method. those 5 seconds are coded into matchmaking api i think, or just in game code itself... but the timer for dc... well that's a new system wich won't use same principle... i think