The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Iridescent SHARD Event?

Wouldn't that be cool? Not 2x of course, but a 1.5x?

I think that would be nice for a weekend. I wish this game had more events, more community events like the Lunar thing. We should get some sort of event every 2 months I think.

Comments

• Twizted
    Twizted Member Posts: 25
    More events would be nice. GTA had events all the time. Prob why so many still play
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Lunar event was the best thing they ever did. The idea of earning shards a little quicker would be fun and not upset the bloodpoint balance but they may not do that because they want people to buy cosmetics. I do like the idea though. Something similar to the lunar event during chapter releases would keep the game fresh.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

My concept is that a lot of people don't want to pay 10 bucks for a awesome cosmetic. It just seems high.

Even though they are incredible. There's lots of cosmetics I'll buy eventually....

If I was able to earn lets say 300 shards for leveling up instead of the 195 I currently earn as part of a "event", then I think I'd feel more inclined to spend more.

Yeah, I get it... more people will play... and they are giving away a earned currency more and people might not spend money on cells to get cosmetics right?

It's just 1.5x

NOt even double, just a nice small boost. Plus, I disagree... I think more people WOULD buy cosmetics based on getting a break on shards. It's a win win.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@fcc2014 said:
    Lunar event was the best thing they ever did. The idea of earning shards a little quicker would be fun and not upset the bloodpoint balance but they may not do that because they want people to buy cosmetics. I do like the idea though. Something similar to the lunar event during chapter releases would keep the game fresh.

Another Howling Grounds?
    That event was hell on earth! The most toxic thing i ever experienced. Survivors doing everything to deny the killer his coins: DS, Sabotage, body blocking, flashlights and even disconnecting.

No, thx.

• Dwight_Confusion

@Tsulan said:

@fcc2014 said:

Another Howling Grounds?
    That event was hell on earth! The most toxic thing i ever experienced. Survivors doing everything to deny the killer his coins: DS, Sabotage, body blocking, flashlights and even disconnecting.

No, thx.

Nah it wasn't that bad. Stop being dramatic.

It was fun. There was some idiots out there, but who cares. Anyone who played 4-5 hours got the stuff.

It's all good man.

• Tsulan

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Tsulan said:

@fcc2014 said:

Another Howling Grounds?

No, thx.

It was fun. There was some idiots out there, but who cares. Anyone who played 4-5 hours got the stuff.

It's all good man.

The event made me almost uninstall the game. I had this ######### every match as killer. It took me no time to get the 80 coins for survivors. But almost the entire event to get the 40 for killer.

• Dwight_Confusion

@Tsulan said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Tsulan said:

@fcc2014 said:

Another Howling Grounds?

No, thx.

It's all good man.

The event made me almost uninstall the game. I had this ######### every match as killer. It took me no time to get the 80 coins for survivors. But almost the entire event to get the 40 for killer.

You on PC?

I had a few times with that, but I enjoyed it. It was fun to grind that.

• Tsulan

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Tsulan said:

@fcc2014 said:

Another Howling Grounds?

No, thx.

It's all good man.

You on PC?

Yes, on PC. I used the first 2 days to get the coins for survivor. I probably should have done it the other way around. Since everyone started to troll. Many people disconnected after the golden gen/s was done, since they got their coin anyway.

• fcc2014
    edited July 2018

@Tsulan said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Tsulan said:

@fcc2014 said:

Another Howling Grounds?

No, thx.

It's all good man.

You on PC?

Yes, on PC. I used the first 2 days to get the coins for survivor. I probably should have done it the other way around. Since everyone started to troll. Many people disconnected after the golden gen/s was done, since they got their coin anyway.

I had people break my hooks when i was killer and killers camp the lunar generator. It was annoying but i still achieved both. The toxic players are not going anywhere but it shouldn't ruin what should be a fun event.

Post edited by fcc2014 on
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@fcc2014 said:

The idea was good, but they should have thought about the toxicity..... the amount of lunar hooks taht have been sabotaged....

• Tsulan

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

@Tsulan said:

@fcc2014 said:

Another Howling Grounds?

No, thx.

It's all good man.

You on PC?

I had people break my hooks when i was killer and killers camp the lunar generator. Was it annoying so rounds yes but i still achieved both. The toxic players are not going anywhere but it shouldn't ruin what should be a fun event.

If i remember correctly, finishing all gens would count as if the lunar gens were finished. There was no point in camping. At least people told me, that they got all coins despite the killer camping the gen.

• TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    ID more support a proper Anniversary Weekend Event. Triple BP. 2.5x XP, special challenges, three a day to complete that earn you some Auric Cells (say 50-150 per challenge, with 150 ones being quite difficult; say pull 3 survivors off generators) 
    Double BP is nice and all but it’s so overdone and honestly isn’t that rewarding when we have BBQ And WGLF giving ya double BP anyway
  • Dwight_Confusion

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    ID more support a proper Anniversary Weekend Event. Triple BP. 2.5x XP, special challenges, three a day to complete that earn you some Auric Cells (say 50-150 per challenge, with 150 ones being quite difficult; say pull 3 survivors off generators) 
    Double BP is nice and all but it’s so overdone and honestly isn’t that rewarding when we have BBQ And WGLF giving ya double BP anyway

That would kill the game's economy. 2x is all we need. I get you want a special killer thing.

Maybe for 1 day only or something.

• fcc2014

@Tsulan said:

If i remember correctly, finishing all gens would count as if the lunar gens were finished. There was no point in camping. At least people told me, that they got all coins despite the killer camping the gen.

It didn't work that way we had a killer camp the generator on the Huntress map we did the other 5 and walked out and didn't get the coin.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@Tsulan said:

@fcc2014 said:

Another Howling Grounds?

No, thx.

Wow, I had the complete opposite experience as a killer during it. I let them get the gens and they let me get the hooks. Had that for nearly every game I played. That sucks you had those type of games.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    I wouldn’t be opposed to something like this.