Do you guys think Billy is a little too powerful for the skill cap?< Resolved >

GT_Legend2
GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
Ya boi Billy is one of the best killers in DBD, but do you guys think it’s a little too easy to do well with him? Other high level killers take plenty of practice to do well with, but Billy seems to not take nearly the level of practicing for his ability. 

Not asking for a nerf or anything just want some insight on his ability and skill cap
Post edited by GT_Legend2 on

Best Answers

Answers

• GT_Legend2
    @ChesterTheMolester I agree, my second game EVER with him was a 4K with 1 gen remaining, I fell he needs tweaking, because it seems almost easy when I picked him up
  • deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

i mainly use the saw for transportation purposes. occasionally, i'll run someone down who freaks out and runs into me. but as far as 'tactical chainsawing', i'm not one of them.... i believe i'm what they call an M1 billy (i play on a PS4).... i dunno if hes 'OP' or not. i know I'M not 'OP'....

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited July 2018

@GT_Legend2 said:
    @ChesterTheMolester I agree, my second game EVER with him was a 4K with 1 gen remaining, I fell he needs tweaking, because it seems almost easy when I picked him up

I also managed to 4k with my first game ever as the wraith does it mean he also need to get nerfed?

It's not because he is easily accesible that he is warranting a nerf

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@GT_Legend2 said:

I thought you weren't asking for a nerf? Here's the answer...the survivors were terrible.

Billy is the most balanced killer in the game, hands down. He can be extremely powerful in the right hands and if used correctly. Those who say "he's easy to use" are usually morons.

Leave Billy and his skill house alone.

• GT_Legend2
    @only1biggs I was saying he should gt a tweak not in a negative way but instead to not make it as easy for newer Billy’s  and much more rewarding for expierienced Billy’s,  and I believe the survivors were rank 9 or so

it feels to easy to pick up for such a skilled killer
  • GT_Legend2
    @Dragonredking What rank was that? My second Billy game was around rank 9, and besides, the Wraith isn’t supposed to be a difficult killer to pick up, he is in a completely different tier
  • only1biggs
    edited July 2018

@GT_Legend2 said:
    @only1biggs I was saying he should gt a tweak not in a negative way but instead to not make it as easy for newer Billy’s  and much more rewarding for expierienced Billy’s,  and I believe the survivors were rank 9 or so

it feels to easy to pick up for such a skilled killer

He's not easy for newer killers though. And you weren't even a new killer when you picked him up. The survivors just happened to have been bad. Or you might be generally good at games or a combination. Or you know the game well enough to do well out the gate. I did, but I learnt WAY more and still do today. There are things to learn to be a good Billy and not all Billy's do the right things.

He's balanced though and should be left alone. The other killers should be picked up to his level and maps tweaked.

Post edited by only1biggs on
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

I don't think whether a character is hard to play has any bearing on whether they are overpowered. Billy is definitely too strong, or perhaps it's just that most killers are too weak.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

this game has less to do with a killer skills and almost everything to do with survivors choices.... a killer can play a top tier game and never even see or hear a survivor.... even when a survivor ***** up, they can recover with relative ease.... killers cannot afford to make any mistakes.... and billys mistakes are far more costly than others.... granted, if you have a ######### team a game can go badly very quickly. but thats on your team. not because a killer is too powerful....

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

IMO I feel like Nurse/Billy are just too mobile and have too much map presence and have the easiest time in chases when they have some measure of competency. I really feel like they need nerfs/ changes so they can buff all the killers in general or do other changes to the game. I'd prefer that they just remove the stuns on Nurse make her move slightly faster and just give her one dash, with billy I'd just put a limit (20m) on his chainsaw dash, but give him easier turning. If they do this, they can make the maps smaller, put objectives closer and do changes to gens so they aren't rushed to give the killers time to respond.

• P3Myers
    P3Myers Member Posts: 58

billy is ez mode

• akbays35

@Hillbilly420 said:

@akbays35 said:
    IMO I feel like Nurse/Billy are just too mobile and have too much map presence and have the easiest time in chases when they have some measure of competency. I really feel like they need nerfs/ changes so they can buff all the killers in general or do other changes to the game. I'd prefer that they just remove the stuns on Nurse make her move slightly faster and just give her one dash, with billy I'd just put a limit (20m) on his chainsaw dash, but give him easier turning. If they do this, they can make the maps smaller, put objectives closer and do changes to gens so they aren't rushed to give the killers time to respond.

Nurse, okay, I see where you're coming from but you think Billy has too easy of a time during chases? Really? I mean yeah, when you're out in the open you're screwed but you seem to forget that Billy still gets looped at pallets and vaults. The only thing he can do to counter that is try to chainsaw to the next loop/pallet land spot they're heading to and either chainsaw them or body block them from getting to their spot.

my friend have you encountered Bamboozle Billy yet, also they don't have to chase you, they can go where ever they see you at a loop they chainsaw to another survivor.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

Yes, he has the best learning curve / results ratio, and is probably over powered compared to the other killers. But compared to survivors, his kit is balanced ; in other words, we need overpowered killers to face survivors (who are overpowered in the current state of the game).

• only1biggs

@P3Myers said:
    billy is ez mode

Look who's talking

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited July 2018

@only1biggs said:

@GT_Legend2 said:

I thought you weren't asking for a nerf? Here's the answer...the survivors were terrible.

Billy is the most balanced killer in the game, hands down. He can be extremely powerful in the right hands and if used correctly. Those who say "he's easy to use" are usually morons.

No he’s not. It just seems like that because killers in general are too weak. If the devs somehow balanced the killer mode, both nurse and billy would need a nerf. He should not move quite as fast as he does with that chainsaw

• only1biggs
    edited July 2018

@Jack11803

Right, so he's the most balanced killer for the state of the game then, right? You just emphasized my point.

Sure, if they fixed things and everything was perfect and all were happy with the balance, then he might need to be nerfed, but, not now, no way.

See? :)

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Practice and muscle memory shouldn't be part of the balancing process.
    A killer is just mecanically limited, and as long as he's not "OP", he's not broken, even if he's easy af to use.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

@Soren said:
    Yes, he has the best learning curve / results ratio, and is probably over powered compared to the other killers. But compared to survivors, his kit is balanced ; in other words, we need overpowered killers to face survivors (who are overpowered in the current state of the game).

Pretty much this. He is really easy to get into but, the game needs easier characters. He will need some tweaking once the survivors are balanced out though.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617
    Jack11803 said:

@only1biggs said:

@GT_Legend2 said:

No he’s not. It just seems like that because killers in general are too weak. If the devs somehow balanced the killer mode, both nurse and billy would need a nerf. He should not move quite as fast as he does with that chainsaw

It's entirely possible that slightly lowering his chainsaw speed would make him MORE dangerous.
  • I am a killer main who got rank 1 survivor recently and when i saw bullies. I rarely saw them try to hit anyone. Just chainsaw spam. It was ridiculous.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Hillbilly is Leatherface 5000. He has none of his weaknesses, and no tangible weaknesses in general. Full movement speed, full lunge, no penalty for using his chainsaw, highest mobility by far, and the huge cleave on his chainsaw that is as reliable as Leatherface's saw.

His chainsaw amounts to multiple perks built into his kit.

• P3Myers

@only1biggs said:

@P3Myers said:
    billy is ez mode

Look who's talking

meyers is far more balanced, versatile, and fun to play with and against.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    I honestly think billy has way too much chainsaw control and there’s very little punishment for mistakes. Now that said, I don’t think he should be touched whatsoever until the game gets properly balanced for killers and THEN maybe look at him again. 
  • Flimflam
    Flimflam Member Posts: 103

If you think any of the killers need anything but a buff in the current state of the game then you aren't playing against the right survivors.

• Okayado
    Okayado Member Posts: 12

I love how accessible Billy is as a killer for people new to the game and interested. Like previously stated, his chainsaw gives him enormous map control on most stages and his chainsaw is a somewhat (not really) situational auto-down against survivors. It's these factors that make him one of the most chosen killers at red rank, especially tied to perks that synergize with him like BBQ&C and NC (to be fair, these perks synergize beautifully on the other killers usually, just not to the same extent). I liked what @akbays35 suggested particularly.

• only1biggs

@P3Myers said:

@only1biggs said:

@P3Myers said:
    billy is ez mode

Look who's talking

I didn't say otherwise. I made a joke based on the fact that you, P3Myers, said, "Billy is EZ mode", when as P3Myers, all you do is look at people and there is no mechanical skill at all. Myers is the easiest killer to play along with Doc.

See?

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

@GT_Legend2 said:

Rank is an important factor high ranking survivors will know tricks to bait out the saw and cause stuns which can buy more time then an m1 kiler just hitting you. Easy to pick up yes but difficult to master because it will involve reading the direction a survivor will juke.

• akbays35

There is also a significant balance problem with his add-ons and monitor and abuse Billy can actually play like a stealth killer and as a debuff killer, which I find incredibly annoying since he already has an instant down and mobility in his kit.

• P3Myers
    edited July 2018

@only1biggs said:

@P3Myers said:

@only1biggs said:

@P3Myers said:
    billy is ez mode

Look who's talking

I didn't say otherwise. I made a joke based on the fact that you, P3Myers, said, "Billy is EZ mode", when as P3Myers, all you do is look at people and there is no mechanical skill at all. Myers is the easiest killer to play along with Doc.

See?

its easy to play billy because of his high mobility and map pressure plus with his instachain build its not hard to chainsaw down survivors and you can down survivors for infinite uses unlike limited tier 3 meyers.My name P3myers means prestige 3 meyers not tier 3 exposed. Its far harder to apply map pressure with myers and requires more strategy than compared to mach 5 flying to the next survivor with bbq. Why do you think myers is a mid tier balanced killer and high ranks play nurse and billy only? None of the killrs expect nurse and huntress requires a little bit of skill. Atleast nurse takes a little more experience with her blinks and if you mess up you can lose the survivor not with billy. Most people either use the instachainsaw build or use it for its mobility to catch up to survivors which doesnt require much skill either. My point is you cant lose a survivor and its easy to apply pressure with billy hence ez mode.

• Timebomb0800
    Timebomb0800 Member Posts: 80

@akbays35 said:

Make nurse move faster and give her one dash? That would literally bring her significantly closer to just a standard m1 killer. One dash? Are you trying to almost completely kill the whole uniqueness of her? And a 20m chainsaw sprint? May aswell just play cannibal, because he would be almost the exact same, but better. Or just play the pig, because you're basically asking for the hillbilly to have the pigs ambush ability, except without stealth and 1 hit down instead. I don't know if you realise how short 20m is in the games map distance? Then you proceed to say that if they hugely nerf those 2 killers, they could make smaller maps? That would then be a significant buff to all other killers, and a nerf to survivors. I have no idea what you think would happen if they made the maps smaller and increased gen time. Survivors would actually get dominated, unless in turn you wanted every single character and mechanic then changed in response. In which case your basically asking for a DBD 2. Idk if you're a complete fool, of if you're just a young teen and really have no idea what you're on about.

• only1biggs

@P3Myers said:

@only1biggs said:

@P3Myers said:

@only1biggs said:

@P3Myers said:
    billy is ez mode

Look who's talking

See?

its easy to play billy because of his high mobility and map pressure plus with his instachain build its not hard to chainsaw down survivors and you can down survivors for infinite uses unlike limited tier 3 meyers.My name P3myers means prestige 3 meyers not tier 3 exposed. Its far harder to apply map pressure with myers and requires more strategy than compared to mach 5 flying to the next survivor with bbq. Why do you think myers is a mid tier balanced killer and high ranks play nurse and billy only? None of the killrs expect nurse and huntress requires a little bit of skill. Atleast nurse takes a little more experience with her blinks and if you mess up you can lose the survivor not with billy. Most people either use the instachainsaw build or use it for its mobility to catch up to survivors which doesnt require much skill either. My point is you cant lose a survivor and its easy to apply pressure with billy hence ez mode.

If you think that Myers takes skill while holding M2, over Billy using a chainsaw to target someone while they are actively avoiding you, then..I don't know what to tell you? Again, Myers has no mechanical skill whatsoever. A good Billy must hold his chainsaw for the right time or he can be juked...it's not just a case of back revving.

I was originally making a joke about your name and the fact that Myers is easy mode due to his power being simple to use. That's all.

I mistyped the following - "when as P3Myers". Just meant to type "Myers". You as a Myers.

But, you need to apply pressure..Billy is most effective at getting around, so of course he will be used more.

I could say Myers is "ez mode" as all you have to do is stalk to 99% then snowball by pressing M1 at the right time.

Really not sure why you're arguing :/

• P3Myers

@only1biggs said:

@P3Myers said:

@only1biggs said:

@P3Myers said:

@only1biggs said:

@P3Myers said:
    billy is ez mode

Look who's talking

See?

If you think that Myers takes skill while holding M2, over Billy using a chainsaw to target someone while they are actively avoiding you, then..I don't know what to tell you? Again, Myers has no mechanical skill whatsoever. A good Billy must hold his chainsaw for the right time or he can be juked...it's not just a case of back revving.

I was originally making a joke about your name and the fact that Myers is easy mode due to his power being simple to use. That's all.

I mistyped the following - "when as P3Myers". Just meant to type "Myers". You as a Myers.

But, you need to apply pressure..Billy is most effective at getting around, so of course he will be used more.

I could say Myers is "ez mode" as all you have to do is stalk to 99% then snowball by pressing M1 at the right time.

Really not sure why you're arguing :/

I said repeatedly nothing in this game takes much skill. Playing as myers against good survivor is far harder than a billy period. BillyUs chainsaw is not hard to use and its used for MOBILITY UNLESS YOU RUN AN INSTACHAINSAW BUILD. Not sure why you keep comparing to myers stalk. play as myers as rank 1 and then play billy. Billy is far easier to get more kills and have a easier time than any other killer except an experienced nurse.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604
    He is the official easy mode copy+paste killer with BBQ and Ruin. Its also no coincide that is says 'Easy' next to his name under killer selection.

So many people seem to have fooled themselves to thinking that if you dont use him with this setup at high ranks, that you have no chance - but its not true.

A little originality wouldnt hurt instead of always copying trends/the masses

Greetz

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    If survivor nerfs continue billy will be a problem same as nurse. But until then having a killer who is both accessible and usable in high ranks is better for the health of the game. Not everyone has the time to get nurse down and making that the only  viable killer in high ranks is a bad experience for not only killers but survivors who are already getting sick of the limited pool of playable killers in higher ranks.
  • AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 86
    He's the most balanced Killer an asymmetrical game like this could have.
  • AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 86
    Honestly, @P3Myers? The only thing he's got going for him is the surprise instadown. Slow early game since he's nearly the same speed as survivors and has to search for them, then stalk them to get to EW2 and become a base killer with a 16m terror radius, but with a nearly fluorescent mask. Then stalk some more to get that sweet instadown. Billy keeps you on your toes the whole game. Myers only surprises you when you're far from a pallet or window.
  • Eninya

@Pirscher said:
    He is the official easy mode copy+paste killer with BBQ and Ruin. Its also no coincide that is says 'Easy' next to his name under killer selection.

So many people seem to have fooled themselves to thinking that if you dont use him with this setup at high ranks, that you have no chance - but its not true.

>

His mobility breaks him, or his instant downs. Compare him to Wraith, Leatherface, Myers--he's a thousand times better than all of them in every single way. Hillbilly gets way too much free #########, and his power comes with no drawbacks. Other killers can recklessly spam their power and be punished? Hillbilly? LOLNO. He never has to M1 if he doesn't want to. Other killers have to walk to cover terrain, and even Nurse cannot cross the entire map easily without her fatigue slowing her down, and she requires addons to grant this. Hillbilly? LOLNO. Just fire up your chainsaw, charge away, cancel it for free without penalty, and turn around to do it again.

The only other killer as ridiculous as Hillbilly is Doctor. Nurse can be, too, but there's several asterisks attached to her.

• P3Myers

@Eninya said:

@Pirscher said:

>

His mobility breaks him, or his instant downs. Compare him to Wraith, Leatherface, Myers--he's a thousand times better than all of them in every single way. Hillbilly gets way too much free #########, and his power comes with no drawbacks. Other killers can recklessly spam their power and be punished? Hillbilly? LOLNO. He never has to M1 if he doesn't want to. Other killers have to walk to cover terrain, and even Nurse cannot cross the entire map easily without her fatigue slowing her down, and she requires addons to grant this. Hillbilly? LOLNO. Just fire up your chainsaw, charge away, cancel it for free without penalty, and turn around to do it again.

The only other killer as ridiculous as Hillbilly is Doctor. Nurse can be, too, but there's several asterisks attached to her.

exactly what im saying. other killers have lots more disadvantages if they screw their power up but billy gets so many instadowns chances and can never lose a survivor .

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    All killers are supposed to be powerful, billy and nurse are noteable for the pressure they have. Nurse was already nerfed, survivors who can't do to them what they do to most killers complain. All killers should make you fear, this is a horror game. My fellow survivors forget that. #buffsweaterboy #ultrararesforall
  • P3Myers
    edited July 2018

@Hillbilly420 said:

@P3Myers said:

@Eninya said:

@Pirscher said:

>

exactly what im saying. other killers have lots more disadvantages if they screw their power up but billy gets so many instadowns chances and can never lose a survivor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmnE4FfvXUM

Out in the open, sure, they're done. But if they're anywhere near trees, a jungle gym, any kind of obstacle then Billy is not going to instantly get them. He can catch up but he's not going to nail them with that saw not unless the Billy player made an amazing read.

If you are near random bullshit that blocks Billy's saw and still getting hit if he's a couple hundred feet away then you are bad at juking.

its called 99% the saw they wont know when your releasing it. you still didnt counter how you cant lose him. hes the easiest killer bc you can just hit with ur primary and use the power for speed and nothing else which helps ALOT where time is the most important thing. in fact thats how most people use him when they cant land chainsaw hits or are around stuf lmao. it requires the least amount of effort among killers.

• Eninya

@P3Myers said:
    its called 99% the saw they wont know when your releasing it. you still didnt counter how you cant lose him. hes the easiest killer bc you can just hit with ur primary and use the power for speed and nothing else which helps ALOT where time is the most important thing. in fact thats how most people use him when they cant land chainsaw hits or are around stuf lmao. it requires the least amount of effort among killers.

You'd honestly be lucky enough to get as far as juking the saw. It has a 120~ degree conal cleave attached, so his ability to "miss" is almost entirely based on whether the player owns a cat and it jumped on the mouse as the saw went off.