Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

is that really enjoyable?

i got to 17 as killer again and just finished a five minute game with the nurse.  hooked two but didn't camp, so they were unhooked.  gens all finished in under five minutes and no one scored over 13,000 bloodpoints.  really? i can understand if i was playing really aggressive (camp, tunnel) but i wasn't.  this is all i see the higher i go.

Comments

• Sam00077
    Sam00077 Member Posts: 87
    If they finished every generator under 5 minutes, then there’s something else that’s wrong. 

You’re playing at lower ranks where people are scared and hide whenever they hear the slightest bit of noise. Don’t be surprised if they want to get out so they don’t die.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited July 2018
    next game.  same map, same thing.  once again,  i am turning back.  not my idea of a good time.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Sam00077 said:
    If they finished every generator under 5 minutes, then there’s something else that’s wrong. 

You’re playing at lower ranks where people are scared and hide whenever they hear the slightest bit of noise. Don’t be surprised if they want to get out so they don’t die.

true.  probably afraid of being camped to death.
  • Joekillu
    Joekillu Member Posts: 164
    This still happens passed rank 10  but not that often. 
  • Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604
    Not every match is like this though.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    i have been survivor in games like that but only...yeah.  silliness.  ps4.  next game, only 2 survivors make it into match.  
  • JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173
    edited July 2018

If survivors want to insta-gen with zero times of me seeing them (they hear terror radius...urban evasion away and this repeats...) and I'll end up de-pipping from it, i usually just go try to have fun elsewhere...like I'll go sit at one of the exit gates so they don't get the points there since they are playing like FULLY IMMERSED SURVIVORS or i'll go sit in the basement and if they want more points...they gotta come down to see me.

Not every game plays out that way but sometimes its like..."You guys did really well, congrats, now get out since you wanted to insta-gen with no chases...good we all will get hardly any bloodpoints and it was a waste of 5 minutes"

Edit: @powerbats yelled at me for saying babies so I changed it to his verbiage, sorry for the hateful words, I apologize, I was frustrated

Edit: changed "No bloodpoints" to "hardly any bloodpoints" since I was commenting on lack of BP from no chases, no hits, no healing, no altruism etc

Post edited by JusticeZERO on
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    i got to 17 as killer again and just finished a five minute game with the nurse.  hooked two but didn't camp, so they were unhooked.  gens all finished in under five minutes and no one scored over 13,000 bloodpoints.  really? i can understand if i was playing really aggressive (camp, tunnel) but i wasn't.  this is all i see the higher i go.

High ranked is worst. all gens done by the time you hook the second person, hence every killer takes NOED at high ranked unless they want to lose

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

If survivors want to insta-gen with zero times of me seeing them (they hear terror radius...urban evasion away and this repeats...) and I'll end up de-pipping from it, i usually just go try to have fun elsewhere...like I'll go sit at one of the exit gates so they don't get the points there since they are playing like little babies or i'll go sit in the basement and if they want more points...they gotta come down to see me.

Not every game plays out that way but sometimes its like..."You guys did really well, congrats, now get out since you wanted to insta-gen with no chases...good we all will get no bloodpoints and it was a waste of 5 minutes"

This is every bit as defeatist and petty as when survivors get mad that you 3kd/slugged everyone before they got 2 gens done, so they closed hop and stop doing gens.
  • EpicFailTryHard

@EpicFailTryHard said:

High ranked is worst. all gens done by the time you hook the second person, hence every killer takes NOED at high ranked unless they want to lose

true.  i have a new appreciation for what killers endure and i am not surprised they camp/tunnel.  every "main" should play the opposite role for a couple hours a week.  there would probably be less toxicity.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Someissues said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

true.  i have a new appreciation for what killers endure and i am not surprised they camp/tunnel.  every "main" should play the opposite role for a couple hours a week.  there would probably be less toxicity.

Every player should reach at least rank 5 on both sides. Just to walk a mile in the shoes of the other side.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Hey i'm getting found/chased when i load into a map. You think that's enjoyable?

• Tsulan

@Milo said:
    Hey i'm getting found/chased when i load into a map. You think that's enjoyable?

Try to hide for the first 30 seconds. Don´t touch a gen and don´t run.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Tsulan said:

@Milo said:

You srsly think i didn't try that? The killer magically comes over to my direction nontheless....
    AND IF he doesn't find me first everyone else dies somehow

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I have rank 1 survivor and rank 8 killer(would be pass rank 5 but i dont care much). The problem that killer mains don't understand is that when you get into a chase you start to break pallets. Without pallets there is nothing that the next survivor can do in the place where you chase your first victim. If you waste like 20 pallets and survivors couldnt do a genny then you can already consider yourself as a winner. This is by the way why hex ruin is really good because it gives you extra amount of time and the longer it is active higher chance for you to win. Although the game is really survivor sided, you can not blame survivors for gen rushing really. It is devs' problem to fix it not survivors. You can't sit and expect mercy from the survivors right? I also accept that i get frustrated when survivors gen rush me but what can i expect from them sit around and give me easy kills?

• EpicFailTryHard
    Milo said:

i enjoy it.  why else play the game if i'm not trying to get better at eluding killers?
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Tsulan said:

@Milo said:

i do that as well.  let someone else be found first as someone almost always is spawning next to the killer.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Milo said:

@Tsulan said:

@Milo said:

You srsly think i didn't try that? The killer magically comes over to my direction nontheless....

i have runs like that aa survivor.  it makes camping and tunneling all the harder.  get urban evasion and just wait for someone else to be found first.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@JusticeZERO said:
    If survivors want to insta-gen with zero times of me seeing them (they hear terror radius...urban evasion away and this repeats...) and I'll end up de-pipping from it, i usually just go try to have fun elsewhere...like I'll go sit at one of the exit gates so they don't get the points there since they are playing like little babies or i'll go sit in the basement and if they want more points...they gotta come down to see me.

Not every game plays out that way but sometimes its like..."You guys did really well, congrats, now get out since you wanted to insta-gen with no chases...good we all will get no bloodpoints and it was a waste of 5 minutes"

Yeah about as baish as a killer tunneling 1 survivor and camping them and basically nodding their face at them until they die. What you really want tis the survivors to go stand next to hooks and wait for you so you get 4 sacs every game. I mean good grief what a crybaby you sound like and you make all real killers look just as bad.

If I was the entity and you acted this childish in a match I'd sacrifice you myself then sit you in front of a tv and chain you there and make you watch Sesame Street 24/7.

When people say survivor mains are entitled they need look no further than your post.

• powerbats

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Tsulan said:

@Milo said:

i do that as well.  let someone else be found first as someone almost always is spawning next to the killer.

Same since when I spawn in half the time i'm under a hook already and the killer either is really close to me or is pretty close to me and if i go do a gen right away has los within 10 secs. I usually try and wait about 5-10 secs or so to get bearings for where I'm at, dead end or not, where pallets, windows, walls, rocks, lces to break los etc.

• JusticeZERO

@powerbats said:

@JusticeZERO said:

Yeah about as baish as a killer tunneling 1 survivor and camping them and basically nodding their face at them until they die. What you really want tis the survivors to go stand next to hooks and wait for you so you get 4 sacs every game. I mean good grief what a crybaby you sound like and you make all real killers look just as bad.

If I was the entity and you acted this childish in a match I'd sacrifice you myself then sit you in front of a tv and chain you there and make you watch Sesame Street 24/7.

When people say survivor mains are entitled they need look no further than your post.

Getting zero hooks/zero chases and getting a 4k are two very different things and if you play to have fun instead of playing to 4k and rank (aka not playing top tier killers) then you get used to having some games go VERY badly, I play to have fun and chase survivors around the map. I try to get 2 kills and if I do, great but I'm not asking with 4k's for no work and Id rather have a fun match than be bored.

Only thing I'm avoiding here is going to the exit gate and watching folks teabag and I'll do that most of the time just to force the game to end but every so often I don't feel like that and so I play the game how I want to play. I'm glad to see this post got you all fired up though.

If wanting a match to be fun is entitled then sure I'm entitled...gimme gimme

• powerbats

My point is your idea of fun and everyone else's are going to clash at times and at low rank the survivors don't want to die and are usually still trying to learn the game. the ones at high ranks are also trying not to die but also do gens and totems etc so they can rank up usually.

The killers are trying for the exact opposite so one side is going to have fun while the other isn't. I've known I was going up against swf groups as a lvl 3 trapper and yet didn't dodge because I wanted the challenge. I of course got wrecked but the group was pretty cool because they obviously figured I was a newer player so they made it fun for all.

When I play as killer i'm trying to have fun while also making it as fun as possible for the other side. I don't go for the freshly unhooked person when I'm chasing someone because I hate that happening to me. That's especially true when it's someone sandbagging for wglf tokens. It usually works out well too since the unhooked person is going to run really far away and try and heal or get healed.

Thus they take either just themselves or more than 1 or 2 more people out of doing gens to heal. They'll also quite often if it's an open map run in a rather straight line to where the other survivors are. If no gens are done that's a good indication where to look next.

If you're not having fun then take a break and play the other side for awhile and deal with the same frustrations the other side faces. Better yet hop off your computer and do something else or play an old school game like Duke Nukem 3d and blast mobs. Do the Damn I'm looking good pose in front of the mirror some.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@powerbats said:

@JusticeZERO said:

A wild strawman appears!

• powerbats

@Dragonredking said:

A wild strawman appears!

A wild illogical fallacy strawman post appears about a non wild strawman appearing.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@EpicFailTryHard said:

Genrush is the most time-efficient strategy to farm BP (emblems might be debatable)
    If there are too many toolboxes in the lobby, you better dodge, especially since survivors want to use their BNPs before they are nerfed

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Sam00077 said:

As low rank killer you regularly face high rank survivors who queue up with a single low rank survivor because the matchmaking is utterly ridiculous.
    As an experienced killer who hovers usually at low ranks I struggle hardcore when thsi happens and if I imagine a beginner killer......

• Dragonredking
    edited July 2018

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

A wild strawman appears!

A wild illogical fallacy strawman post appears about a non wild strawman appearing.

Ok, if it isn't a strawman please kindly show me where the op say that he wan't survivor to wait for him near hook and give him free hooks?

Your are literaly attacking a non argument that no one ######### make in the first place.

• powerbats

@Dragonredking said:

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

A wild strawman appears!

Ok, if it isn't a strawman please kindly show me where the op say that he wan't survivor to wait for him near hook and give him free hooks?

Your are literaly attacking a non argument that no one [BAD WORD] make in the first place.

He complained about how survivors played saying they were playing like babies by hiding which the exact opposite would be them going and standing in front of the hooks. That's a very valid argument I put forth and quite logical since one is the opposite of the other. Babies by hiding, not babies by standing in front of hooks, highly logical.

Now I probably could've explained it in greater detail as I just did but the point remains the same, the moment you call them babies for hiding you open yourself up to that argument.

• Dragonredking
    edited July 2018

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

A wild strawman appears!

Your are literaly attacking a non argument that no one [BAD WORD] make in the first place.

He complained about how survivors played saying they were playing like babies by hiding which the exact opposite would be them going and standing in front of the hooks. That's a very valid argument I put forth and quite logical since one is the opposite of the other. Babies by hiding, not babies by standing in front of hooks, highly logical.

Now I probably could've explained it in greater detail as I just did but the point remains the same, the moment you call them babies for hiding you open yourself up to that argument.

Okay, I see what you mean.

Your right.
    My apologies.

I over reacted because I'm ######### tired of people being like
    Dur dur dur you want to 4k every game
    Dur dur dur you want to have 4 escape every game.

• powerbats

@Dragonredking said:

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

A wild strawman appears!

Your right.
    My apologies.

I over reacted because I'm [BAD WORD] tired of people being like

Sigh, the problem is that there's some on here who go up in flames because of what's posted. Had the person in question were talking about (not going u in flames mind you) not used the playing like babies claim. I'd have never responded with the you want them to go stand in hooks response.

The moment you start tossing those types of insults you're going to get roasted and rightfully so. Want a mature responsible discussion then avoid those types of inflammatory things. Had the op said they dislike fully immersed survivors etc it would've been fine. Well probably since there's some who come in just to start things going.

But go look at my follow up response about it before you posted your initial response.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Oh this is just cosmic justice right here. At least now you can recognize that survivors are not some class of protected people that need to be defended by campers and "tunnelers"
  • TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@Milo said:

@Tsulan said:

@Milo said:

Must be a conspiracy

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Everyone has some difference in taste of entertainment.
    So yeah, some'll find quick games fun.
    I myself don't really care about the amount of time it takes, i have something else that decides whether i had fun or not.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    you made a whine thread yesterday when you were rank 18.

today your whine thread is from rank 17.

progress!
  • OXY
    OXY Member Posts: 68

@JusticeZERO said:

Wait, I'm confused. Why wouldn't they get BP? They did all of the generators, opened the gates and escaped. That's enough to pip once and gain quite a bit of BP isn't it? Unless I misread something ^^

• EpicFailTryHard
    Lowbei said:

progress!

you are rank 15, chump.  hardly light years away.  you haven't been the same since i posted those nurse videos.  i just got her p3 today.  get on my level, camper extraordinaire.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    OXY said:

@JusticeZERO said:

Wait, I'm confused. Why wouldn't they get BP? They did all of the generators, opened the gates and escaped. That's enough to pip once and gain quite a bit of BP isn't it? Unless I misread something ^^

under 13,000 and quite possibly just a safety pip.  (zero) in reference to the game in the initial post.
  • TeambossFloze
    OXY said:

@JusticeZERO said:

under 13,000 and quite possibly just a safety pip.  (zero) in reference to the game in the initial post.
    Should pip off that.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited July 2018
    Lowbei said:

progress!

you are rank 15, chump.  hardly light years away.  you haven't been the same since i posted those nurse videos.  i just got her p3 today.  get on my level, camper extraordinaire.
    im rank1 lol

i havent been the same since what? sorry i didnt look at your videos since you are low ranked and bad. no offense.

and awwww you just got someone to p3? thats adorable. all my killers are p3 50.
  • JusticeZERO

@OXY said:

@JusticeZERO said:

Sorry, i didnt mean none at all, i meant it would be a low scoring game because we havent had any chasing or altruism/hits on either side. I was venting about BNP/insta gen behavior that i dealt with a lot this weekend during the double BP event. Sorry in general, I played freddy all day saturday to burn through all his xp related offerings and i think it left a bad taste in my mouth....i gotta go play civ

• JusticeZERO

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

A wild strawman appears!

Your right.
    My apologies.

Sigh, the problem is that there's some on here who go up in flames because of what's posted. Had the person in question were talking about (not going u in flames mind you) not used the playing like babies claim. I'd have never responded with the you want them to go stand in hooks response.

The moment you start tossing those types of insults you're going to get roasted and rightfully so. Want a mature responsible discussion then avoid those types of inflammatory things. Had the op said they dislike fully immersed survivors etc it would've been fine. Well probably since there's some who come in just to start things going.

But go look at my follow up response about it before you posted your initial response.

Hey sorry I said "babies", if you finish gens and wait at the exit gates so i can come see you teabag before leaving, you arent a baby. I'm sorry for using such hateful words

• OXY
    OXY Member Posts: 68

@JusticeZERO said:

@OXY said:

@JusticeZERO said:

Sorry, i didnt mean none at all, i meant it would be a low scoring game because we havent had any chasing or altruism/hits on either side. I was venting about BNP/insta gen behavior that i dealt with a lot this weekend during the double BP event. Sorry in general, I played freddy all day saturday to burn through all his xp related offerings and i think it left a bad taste in my mouth....i gotta go play civ

Ahh, makes sense. Haha no worries. Yeah, it's sometimes nice to take a break from this game. Can get a little too much at times.

• JusticeZERO

@Lowbei said:
    i havent been the same since what? sorry i didnt look at your videos since you are low ranked and bad. no offense.

This line reminded me of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWZGVv8mtrI

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@Tsulan said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Someissues said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

Every player should reach at least rank 5 on both sides. Just to walk a mile in the shoes of the other side.

NO thanks. 1 or 2 pips away from rank 10 was enough to make me want to quit it was that stressful. Never again. At rank 17 there is a noticeable skill difference and the looping starts to a small degree. Go past this rank and you are likely to run into body blockers and other surv tricks.

• Tsulan

@Envees said:

@Tsulan said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Someissues said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

NO thanks. 1 or 2 pips away from rank 10 was enough to make me want to quit it was that stressful. Never again. At rank 17 there is a noticeable skill difference and the looping starts to a small degree. Go past this rank and you are likely to run into body blockers and other surv tricks.

Oh on rank 10 you haven´t even seen the worst.
    Perfect 5 gen loops, perfect flashlight saves, sabotages, body blocks, etc.

• EpicFailTryHard
    edited July 2018
    Lowbei said:
    Lowbei said:

progress!

im rank1 lol

and awwww you just got someone to p3? thats adorable. all my killers are p3 50.

somehow, i don't find you credible.  how strange.  it must be me.
    Post edited by EpicFailTryHard on
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Envees said:

@Tsulan said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Someissues said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

A wild strawman appears!

He complained about how survivors played saying they were playing like babies by hiding which the exact opposite would be them going and standing in front of the hooks. That's a very valid argument I put 9

forth and quite logical since one is the opposite of the other. Babies by hiding, not babies by standing in front of hooks, highly logical.

Your right.
    My apologies.

Hey sorry I said "babies", if you finish gens and wait at the exit gates so i can come see you teabag before leaving, you arent a baby. I'm sorry for using such hateful words

we are becoming better people...together.  teabagging is merely a means of saying "thank you for not camping me to death, mr. killer."  if we can not see it for what it is, that is on us. 
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Envees said:

@Tsulan said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Someissues said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

yep, past 17 is swf inundation in my experience.  i play for fun.  playing swf is not fun.  
  • TeambossFloze

I played at level 20 killer today against a full Italian SWF, They blocked me, flashed at me, and one repeatedly teabagged. rest assured I made sure I camp the living hell out of the teabagger and killed one of his friends too. Toxic c***s