Buying Ghostface

Karaage
Karaage Member Posts: 340
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

So, Ghostface is out and I wanted to buy him. I couldn't find him in Steam store though, so I dig around and found this by not_queen: "Players can access The Ghost Face character with Auric Cells in the Dead by Daylight in-game store.The Ghost Face DLC will not be not available for purchase on Steam, Microsoft Store and Playstation store at that time."

Does it mean You can only buy Ghostface through in-game store? Will all future DLCs be the same? And is there any reason for this sudden change (at least, I didn't read about it anywhere before so I was surprised).

EDIT: Ghostface in now avaiable on Steam. His additional cosmetic from buying DLC seems to be white recolor of costume and knife.

Post edited by Karaage on

Comments

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited June 2019

we need infos i hope any mod can answer

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

they put only for cells it will come for steam i mean i know what they are doing and its ppl go and buy it with auric cells so that they wont refund the dlc cuz you didint buy it on steam

• GenSim12345
    GenSim12345 Member Posts: 182
    edited June 2019

Save your money, wait a month and see how survivors and killers react and then buy ghostface if you still like it. There's supposed to be changes to him coming soon.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I want to get the exclusive outfits for Ghostface, but I don't want to pay with Auric cells and not get them.

• TheShape78
    TheShape78 Member Posts: 712

Yeah, if you read below that, it says it will be on the Xbox and PS stores as well, so I'm sort of confused myself .

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@Karaage

Check again. I just bought ghost face through the Microsoft store.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

@Iceman

Thanks dude.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Ever since the clothing store came out theres always been a delay between updates & DLC on steam.

mainly because the game store is curated by DBD and the steam store is reliant on steam putting it up, lmao.

Yea guys, they're totally trying to make you buy it so you can't refund it.

• Karaage

@Iceman

It seems I overreacted and should just wait patiently till Steam updates itself, sorry everyone :)

• poeticjustice
    poeticjustice Member Posts: 60

Such bs why allow ppl to buy in game then release the chapter later that includes additional items, they want people to double spend which will happen. Such bs

• Get_Yoshimaster
    Get_Yoshimaster Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2019

EDIT: It's out on steam, if you dont see it restart steam

• Nobody95
    Nobody95 Member Posts: 93

But on Steam does it come out today?

• Karaage

@Nobody95

It's out now :)

• liviu1911
    liviu1911 Member Posts: 150

it means the steam store dlc will come later today , or tommorrow . "at the time " said everything.. right?

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Just purchased him from the Microsoft store. Can't wait to play (my game is still updating 😥).