What's your opinion on what this killer did?

Options
Cassandra_Alexandra
Cassandra_Alexandra Member Posts: 254
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

PS4 - The Killer (GF) downed me, hooked the other survivor and I was on the ground waiting while the other survivor's entire health bar was depleted. The killer picked me up and carried me throughout the whole map including all the lower level of the Temple of Purgation. He finally found the hatch on the other side of the map, dropped me next to the hatch, closed it and killed me (mori). There was a lot of my time wasted. He could've just killed me where I lay originally. I thought that was a dick move. I told him so. He called me a ######### for not "wiggling" or "disconnecting." I told him I don't disconnect. I try not to do anything toxic. Seriously? I'm a ######### for not disconnecting? I've played a lot of matches during this Bloodhunt and sadly, most have been unenjoyable. As someone once said on this forum, solo survivor is hell. I'd rather play against AI then deal with toxic players.

Comments

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

Yikes, not a chill Ghostface, is he? You were right on defending yourself non-toxicly, I applaud you :)

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

I prefer to have my last survivor up and moving while I insidious on the hatch in tighter maps, or as a wraith being invisible on it.

• FlamingkittyUmad
    FlamingkittyUmad Member Posts: 313
    Options

Even if you wiggle out, you're still entirely in the killers hands unless you can throw a thousand pallets out of nowhere or if the hatch is very close

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    Options

Sounds perfectly fine to me; plus...in my opinion if you didn’t get the gens repaired, you already failed your objective; match is already over, you lost. You should have wiggled and fought the chase for points, in an attempt to find the hatch, if he does it again, oh well, more points. Killer not out of line here.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

it's mean spirited, but not reportable. it's not like he continuously made you wiggle, downed you, and then made you wiggle over and over

• Krystress
    Krystress Member Posts: 52
    Options

Honestly, it was a rude move, but there's not much you can do but to move on. You got to realize that it's not worth paying attention to. There are some people out there who can make you miserable, Even in video games. I wouldn't let it get to you. Best advice I could give you is to always expect the killer to kill you. You'll never be disappointed again.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited June 2019
    Options

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thought that was obvious, lol.

Looks like my post got flagged though. Relax, people.

• MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124
    Options

I’ve always been one that has called for more 2x bloodpoints events because they are few and far between, but after this weekends event ... if I never play during another one again it will be too soon.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

Sounds like a sore winner to me.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I usually don't wiggle when I'm the last survivor, either. I accept defeat, and I'm fine with dying and moving on to the next game. The killer usually just hooks me. Sometimes, I'm given the hatch. Once, I had a killer (Doctor) do pretty much the same thing to me that happened to you, carrying me all over the Disturbed Ward map until he found the hatch, then putting me on a hook right next to it. I didn't care that I died, but I was annoyed at how much time he wasted. I didn't message him or anything, though, because that would've given him what he wanted: a reaction.

That was back before EGC. It hasn't changed me usually not wiggling, and it's thankfully a rare event because it's still only happened to me that one time. (I'm on the PS4, too.)

The killer you faced was just a troll. Don't let it get to you.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

As the last survivor, if there is no point in wiggling, I don't do it either and let the killer just hook me. No point in trying to wiggle just to get downed again, if I'm even able to wiggle out. When I lose, I lose, but I also had killers carrying me to the hatch only to close it in my face. That is what they want (most times) to make us think of having hope and killing or picking us up or closing the hatch on our face as we get ready to jump in. It's just killers being stupid, which I hate, because I don't play toxic, so I don't get why they would to that to someone who wasn't toxic to them.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited June 2019
    Options

I like leaving survivors on the ground bullying them but not for long since i dont want to waste a time of my own. I like it because that gives me some time to enjoy the victory just like i dont leave via gates immediately as survivor. Also survivors laying on the ground watching their team getting wrecked is the most satisfying show for the killer :D I feed on their sorrow like that.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,627
    Options

This forum.

Killer is BMing and being a dick. "Its the Survivors fault!!1111"

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Pretty much, there was a thread months and months ago about survivor toxicity, and I said killers are bad too, and posted screenshots of killers telling me to kill myself irl, they said i probably did something in game to deserve, they're blind to their own bias.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    edited June 2019
    Options

@Aven_Fallen we kinda only have one version. No video proof or screenshots. Just a survivor claiming that the killer was bullying him. We don't know if the killer was really behaving like this or even if the survivors bullied the killer before.

But not wiggling while being carried over the whole map, because he thought the killer would give him the hatch is... pretentious, to say the least.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

I don't have idea what this guy expect from you? You was the last survivor so what was even the point of wiggling? Also "why don't you DC?" Lmao

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    Options
  • Aven_Fallen
    Options

@Tsulan

It does not matter if he got bullied before. Being toxic because the other side is toxic is simply Bullshit. Often enough one side is toxic, even if the other side is fair. Had Killers hitting and nodding at me on the Hook for exactly no reason, and Survivors teabagging me, despite I did not camp and always went for the Person that was not unhooked.

And well.. There is no point in wiggling. Exactly no point, because it does not matter where the Killer will hook you. During the game, it matters, because otherwise you will end up in the Basement. But when you are the last Survivor, it does not matter at all. I also dont wiggle, because I just want this game to be over and dont want to prolong it. And well, maybe he wants to give me the Hatch, and at least when I am doing it, I really get annoyed by Survivors wiggling.

There is no doubt that the Killer was a dick at this point. And it does not matter what happened before, because being a dick is still being a dick, regardless if there is a reason or not.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Aven_Fallen of course it matters if the killer got bullied before. If survivors are toxic during the match, I'll treat them the same way.

I always wiggle and sometimes I get out, simply because there might not be any hooks left in the area.

Was the killer a dick? Maybe, maybe not. We don't have the whole picture here.

I'm usually a really nice killer and even let survivors farm if 2 disconnect at the start. But believe it or not, I got reported and insulted for doing exactly that. I also got reported and insulted for not letting them farm in this situation.

My point is, that people usually don't see their wrongdoing, but only the other people's wrongdoing. Or they genuinely lie.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2019
    Options

It was a dick move, no doubt on that. Some killers get off on their 'power role', they are usually the same ones that cry loudest when their power role is not up to their standards.

I will add that there are many people who do not know how to win or lose with dignity.

• Aven_Fallen
    Options

@Tsulan

Yeah, and then you are toxic. WHY you are toxic is a different topic, but you ARE indeed toxic at this point. You may be a nice guy, but at this current situation, you are toxic.

I cannot say that I am different, I play fair most of the time. But when I see someone with Object of Obsession teabagging me at the start, I will make sure that this guy does not have a good time. And at this point, I am an #########. I dont need to be like that, but I decide to do it, so I am not "a nice guy".

Basically, other dick moves do not make dick moves to "not dick moves".

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

I know when a Killer does stuff like that, they must be pissed off and must be having a bad day, so it's laughable for them to take it out on me, must have made them more mad.

• det0xxp
    det0xxp Member Posts: 121
    Options

Its funny cause y'all survivors used to waste so much time until we finally got an end game. Now you guys know.how we used to feel. :D

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

It is about giving you hope... then taking it away.... For the LULS.

• imthatguy8822
    imthatguy8822 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Ok so why DIDN'T you wiggle?🤔

• Slayer
    Options

Or they just play game to relax. Dont you kill in videogames for fun?

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2019
    Options

I'll see that a lot. Poor killer got mistreated by an swf or didn't get his 4k, so the next round they draw (or dodge lobbies until they get) a pack of obvious solos who don't have 1000+ hours on their profiles. Then they proceed to put on the ebony mori, strongest add ons, and use their best BM in order to feel superior again.

The killing in this game has a much more intimate feel to it than in other video games.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I do think that the Killer was very much BMing, but I disagree that there is no point in wiggling. In this case, wiggling at best gives the Survivor a chance at the hatch (especially if, as someone else had suggested, OP had 99%'d and then wiggled right when the Killer either found the Hatch or was gonna go for a Hook) and at worst likely pushes the Killer into hooking and bringing the game to a close instead of opening up the possibility of the scenario OP described.

• Slayer
    Options

Its actually bad if you ask me. Manhunt , Friday 13 the game (dead and ruined) are pretty good examples of games with good kills behaviour

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132
    Options

To be fair i do this all the time, just without the Mori. Those late hook points after EGC starts are just too juicy.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

He was toxic sure but you should’ve wiggled.

• Cassandra_Alexandra
    Cassandra_Alexandra Member Posts: 254
    Options

That sums up my response to why I didn't wiggle and why I was annoyed. You're right. I should not have messaged him. These kind of people not only get off on doing these kinds of things, but they also get off on getting a reaction. I just couldn't believe that he called me a r**ard for not disconnecting.

• DoubleTap
    DoubleTap Member Posts: 218
    Options

@TheShape78 This / @Cassandra_Alexandra This ^

Also the absolute best thing you can do to deal with these people is ignore them, denying their sustenance if misery infused hate frustrates them no end.

Or better yet ignore the Killer by talking to the other Survivors telling them how well they did and how much fun you all had. I swear the Killer will start jumping up and down in frustration fueled rage like Rumplestiltskin lol.