So ghostface went from being garbage to be incredibly OP

sluc16
sluc16 Member Posts: 537

Any body else considers that ghostface now is way too OP?

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

He isn’t OP.

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

He needs some tweaks like everyone who isn't top-tier. Definitely not OP. Pretty counter-able.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

He's no viable for the 3% of survivors at lvl1. For the other 97% of survivors left he's a very difficult killer

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

He's far from op, i'm curious about what you find so "op" about him tho ?

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

He is not op, but kinda fun to play against.

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134

They messed up his power. It should be easy to detect him but plenty of times when he's clearly in view and in the center of my screen the game refuses to acknowledge that I'm staring straight at him. Its literally impossible to detect him if he is moving , if he is behind a wall or peeking through a window or if your behind cover and so on. You basically gotta run into the open and stand still to detect him

• Catbucket
    Catbucket Member Posts: 335

He went from being mediocre, to high tier. There, fixed.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

He is just bugged.

He wouldn't be strong if getting him out of stealth wasnt bugged as hell.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

noob survivors=how to aim

expert survivors= too ezzz

so the problem its that you dont know how to counter him its just too ez since survivor are in 3rd person meanwhile killers are in 1 person yes survivors can take out hes power if hes behind walls and objects and they still want to nerf him

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

He's definitely not OP. Give him a few weeks then we'll see how strong he is.

• Exa1ib3r
    Exa1ib3r Member Posts: 86

And thats where your wrong.

Hes weak, can be looped 24/7, and has no power.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,938

The unfair thing as him which I agree with is that he can stalk marked Survivors. Myers also can not stalk in Tier 3 to make his Tier 3 longer.

Another thing which in my eyes is stupid is that he can make this "lurk,hide,lurk,hide" strategy and hence stalk Survivors with ease while the Survivors can not detect him when he does that. It can be that I am missing some of counterplay for this thing but the other one is getting removed anyways.

My suggestion:

Remove the "marked Survivors can be stalked" (is getting removed anyways)

Eventually make it so when one Survivor started detecting GF for let's say 1 second and then disappears from line of sight the one Survivor who detected him has to look at him for only .5 seconds now, so it'll make this "lurk, hide" strategy impossible which seems to have no counterplay in some situations, in my opinion.

And therefore make the Exposed timer 60 seconds.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Not all decent killers are OP

He's already getting nerfed without giving people time to get used to him

Once people learn how to play against him he will go from high mid to low mid or low tier

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

I thought he was incredibly weak, but I've now started to see him as low-top tier. Just under Hag. His mindgame potential is second to Spirit's.

• adalesmo
    adalesmo Member Posts: 164

The countering detection is EXTREMELY messed up but idk if I'd use the term 'op'.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,938

Maybe they are used to the word "overpowered". I can not say that anything is overpowered rather very strong or pretty unfair. Keys, Insta Heals, Adrenaline, Moris, Rancor is pretty unfair for the one who is the Obsession, Monstrous Shrine, Stalking marked Survivors, (lurk,hide,lurk,hide)- strategy as Ghostface etc.. there are definitely more things which aren't that fair

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

I think hes ok, good killer, not op, not garbage. I think its actually fun to play against, maybe to play too, didn't try it yet tho.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@MrDardon Changes to stalking marked survivors is already coming in the Hot Fix

• browalker15
    browalker15 Member Posts: 93

And yet I'm getting 4ks at rank 1 with him. Even with Freddy.

• Neska
    Neska Member Posts: 132

The only thing that is OP is the fact that I can stare at him forever and he can just stalk me anyway because he's only showing his mask or I can't move my camera more so that he would be in the middle..

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
  • WatchBloodRain
    WatchBloodRain Member Posts: 175

40+ downvotes to one up voted, confirmed not OP

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

Ghostface OP. LOL

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

He gets destroyed at high ranks, definitely not op.

• Sleephartha
    Sleephartha Member Posts: 242

ok im still learning how to deal with this guy and breaking him out of stalking is quite difficult. I broke him once, he detected me and chased me. I evaded, staying behind quite a lot of cover. He caught up to me and stalked me immediately. Like 1.5 seconds. He had very rare night vision monocular on. But cmon. A very rare that lets you 1 hit anything in 2 secs or less of stalking? Ridic.

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

It takes a while to stalk survivors even with add ons unless you're leaning. Even then leaning isn't always viable simply because survivors can just hide behind a wall and loop you forcing you to stalk while standing in the open. It takes like 1 second to be broken out of stalk. You can literally crouch behind something and still detect him. I don't understand how people are struggling to detect him, it's just 1 second of keeping the center of your camera on him. You'll break him out quicker than he exposes you.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Downvoted since this is just silly. He's a Killer who CAN down you in one hit if you are not observent. If you pull him out he's just another M1 killer with a lot of latex and a very long cooldown.

• adalesmo
    adalesmo Member Posts: 164

Considering how spotty the detection is, that's a really massive stretch. The number of times he's gotten me exposed staring straight on at him from a few feet away with him centered in the screen is already far beyond what I can count, for much longer than the required 1.5 seconds.

• casedistorted
    casedistorted Member Posts: 58

I think Ghostface is pretty much in a perfect place right now. I don't think they should do any nerfs or buffs to him, but that's just me thinking they finally did something right buffing him up a bit from his bad days on the PTB.

Just my opinion though, I'm sad if they make any more nerf changes like the 4% camera increase.. and I'm a Survivor main.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

Survivor that think gf its op: dev gf iz op plz nerf him i can survive since hes too op

Devs: dont worry son well nerf him

Matheu: we did a pretty good job so far

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218
    edited June 2019

I don't feel he's OP but I will say I do enjoy playing the stealthy killers. The skins are sweet and I like the theme music while you're setting up loadout. If they left him as is I'd be ok with that...no need for a buff or nerf. As a survivor there are ways to counter his abilities.

Post edited by Knuckles on
  • Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500
    edited June 2019

I sense a contradiction. Either you know how strong he is "He's definately not OP", or you don't "Give him a few weeks then we'll see how strong he is".

Nobody can really say how it will play out. Let's wait a bit and see. So I agree with the latter.