I hardly see any posts about doctor..

I think he is underpowered and needs some love

@Patricia

Post edited by OmegaXII on

Comments

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited June 2019

I agree, they "Shadow Nerfed" him a good while back. What I mean is, his shock therepy used to be able to shock people out of a vault, and they took that away from him. And while I 100% understand why they did this, they did not increase the AOE of the shock to counter why it happened so much. (The shock is short, so wihtout an add-on, survivors tend to be mid vault by the time you can hit them with it.)

A simple 5% (or even less) increase to the total length of the shock would have made up for this difference.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

The Doctor has one good build that makes games take 45 minutes. The rest of the time he is awful; but they don’t want to buff that one build. And that one build is something people can’t do well with at red ranks.

• Redd

The most optimal build I play for doc that doesn’t take 30 years to win is whispers bbq overcharge unnerving. The strategy is to get everyone to Tier 2 madness then defend a 3 gen. Still takes 25 minutes some games.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    edited June 2019

The only things that needs to be fixed:

1. Decrease time it takes to switch from Punishment mode to Treatment mode and vice versa down to 0.25 seconds.
    2. Increase the shock range without addons to 12m. Nerf the percentages on range increasing addons to compensate for this buff to Doctor's default range.
    3. When using shock in treatment mode, Doctor moves at 110% movement speed.
    4. Nerf the time that survivors are stunned (cannot perform any actions) by shock to 1.5 seconds.
  • Redd
  • The_Bogeyman
    The_Bogeyman Member Posts: 269
    edited June 2019

Doc has always been forgotten. When was the last time 'ol sparky got any proper changes.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

They are constantly making a new killer and survivor and almost as often making significant or moderate adjustments to pre existing killers. I don't see Doctor as a high priority. He's not great but every killer that has been worked on recently took priority over him IMO (Legion, Freddy, Trapper, Hag, Wraith). Especially because they did a significant change to his power last year.

Before Doctor I think they should work on Leatherface, Plague and then Nurse's add ons. I think Amanda, Trapper and Clown could use some changes, too.

• Redd

They nerfed snapping out of it back to a non healing action so people would stop complaining so much about nurses calling vs deep wounds.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

No.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

just had a fun round with a rank 20 doctor (im rank 10) that kept shocking me during a pallet loop and wasted a ######### ton of time, but he had a huge advantage cuz all of us were in madness tier 3 and the game got bugged and we couldn't snap out of it, the option to snap out of it just doesn't appear

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,265

No, he moves at 70% speed when charging shock. I think he just needs faster shock channeling speed, instead of slower channeling speed with range add-on's.. He's not talked about much because he's like second worst to Freddy for winning.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

That's not true. You need to time it well for it to help you. You can't just spam it or not plan it ahead because unless you are lucky, you are just wasting your time in chase. He can stop some loops / windows at some spots, but it's all about how good Doc you are and how good / bad is Survivor that you are chasing.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Once a sound bug that is hurting people’s ears is fixed I’ll go back to maining doc, you don’t see very many doc mains.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2019

Doctor’s actually in a decent state, however, he does have some problems that need looking at. I think the only buffs he needs are:

1. Increase the range of his shock therapy by 25%. It is way too small at base. I feel like this is his biggest problem because he has to be so close to Survivors to shock them and at that point, you’ll probably be better off just hitting them with your weapon instead. Nerf the range add-ons to compensate.
    2. Increase movement speed while charging up the shock to 105% or 110%.
    3. Either decrease the time for switching modes or remove it completely (just pressing M2 will start to charge the shock).
    4. I think this is more of a me thing than an actual problem with Doctor, but his illusions should spawn on the same floor as the Survivor being tracked. I find it annoying when I’m on a multifloored map like The Game and my illusion spawns on the top floor when the Survivor is actually on the bottom floor.
  • TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2019

Before they changed Tinkerer, He actually used to break the game after his buffs came through. It was due to his Order Add-on's getting another 10% on top of their initial 10/15/25% faster madness gain rate within his static field. Paired with Distressing, this meant that Order 2 + Order 3 was driving up madness tiers 60% faster within his static field. No survivors could hide for more than a few seconds before screaming, and if he knew they were in the area but not screaming he simply started checking lockers. It was very oppressive and anti-stealth of him, and I loved it for as long as it lasted because nobody anticipated it, and as far as I knew, very few other Doctor players were using it. My tinkerer build with Doctor netted me R1 consistently back then, but then everything changed when the dev nation attacked. To me, Doctor probably won't get that powerful ever again, which is sad because he's a fun killer.

• prof_teabagger
    prof_teabagger Member Posts: 121
    edited June 2019

All the "doctor mains" where arguing with me that doctor is top mid tier and I was laughing at them, cuz I kept saying he is low tier.

Seems like they don't need a buff for him.

I personally don't mind because I don't play doctor (fps drops) and hate versing doctor (fps drops + annoying + gives me headpain) so I'm completely fine when the devs keep him weak and he stays out of red ranks. Better for me personally, honestly (yeah it sounds egoistic and biased, but I can stand behind it)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@prof_teabagger I agree that he is weak but I want my boi buffed! D:

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

You realize I literally said "even with the best timed shock", don't you? I mained Doctor for a long time so I know everything there is to know about him. In fact I would go as far as to say I was the one of the better Doctor mains on console as I dominated with him up to red ranks without ruin or noed.

That doesn't change the fact that canceling actions is highly inconsistent. I had survivors vault windows WHILE SCREAMING from the shock that I timed perfectly which results in overly long chases that lead to a mediocre game at best unless the survivors are complete potatoes.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

The big issue with doctor is that finding people isn't the issue in 99% of matches. He's a pretty ######### chaser so playing him will always be mediocre.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I was expecting to see the post like this one <3

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Doc is one of the killers with a skill ceiling higher then nurse IMO, since godly plays could make you unable to throw pallets, vault, and a lot of things, but that gap between near-godly to godly is so big that it's easier to just play nurse.

• SodiumIntensifies
    SodiumIntensifies Member Posts: 18

And yet he is a bottom tier killer. Doesn't matter how many bells and whistles they attach to a killer if they can't end chases quickly and have no map pressure they are bottom tier.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

Should I tag devs to gain their attention?