Have they started banning anyone yet for abusing Wake Up/Legion Add ons?

Options

Honestly it sucks having to ask this question, because I genuinely just like the add-ons for legion and somehow they get bugged AGAIN, and now I'm not allowed to use my favorite combo because devs want to ban people for this #########.

Just disable the add-ons/perks please, you have the power to send out a hotfix for this, you have the capabilities devs, it's probably not even that hard either considering you do it for every ######### event item in the game.

Comments

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    Options

Word has spread far enough by various bug posts and streamers that they obviously know about it by now. If they hope to keep some semblance of validity, they really need to start throwing the bans out there.

Until then, just keep an eye on the abusers and don't forget who did so. They're a unique form of exactly what's wrong with this game and should be ostracized in kind.

• n2njauwu
    n2njauwu Member Posts: 267
    Options

not only that there is so manyu audio bugs , for exanoke 2 people escaped me in hatch with key and i was chasing last person and i was following sounds and i come close to the injured survivor sound and finally i am where the source of sound is coming and its just hatch with nobody nearby making sounds which costed me a game , there are also whirling in 1 place ( staying in 1 place ) huntress hatchets , playing as survivor also feel so weird now , either i went deaf or i cant hear killer coming who 24 tr or less , , OH and 30 min killer queues and once it load to game it quits so another 30 min wasted XD , for god sake its so meh

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    edited June 2019
    Options

For real, thana is bugged?? What's wrong with it, didn't read anything about it.

I use thana on my Doc and have played him a couple times sine the update.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited June 2019
    Options

Just tried legions blades in kyf.

They do not seem to be bugged. At all. 4 mends the same time to fix.

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437
    Options

Has anyone else had every prompt go invisible? I don't remember if the killer was running thana but it happened a few times. I had a friend spectate me when they died and they could see the prompts.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

@ren_knock @AIG1992 it doesn’t just make skillchecks invisible, it also makes action buttons in general invisible. I’ve also seen it slow down unhooks and searching chest as well.

• Carpemortum
    Options

And progress bars apparently. I guess that explains why I "couldnt" work on things I thought, and it looked like I wasnt being healed.

Only happened once though.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited June 2019
    Options

The bug makes it so the addons reduces survivor action speeds.

• Carpemortum
    Options
  • DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    Options

Selfcare is also bugged

Sometime it doesn't heal you at all

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649
    Options

Nobody said it was a "more valid" form. But the devs hold the cards here, they've made no immediate moves (like Legion ban) in a viable time span. There's nothing to deter the cheaters abusing this exploit. You'd find the best solution to be sitting back and just letting this play through on its own?

I disagree completely... folks who knowingly abuse bugs and exploits are the lowest scrape of the barrel. Can't stand a cheater and it's rather worrisome that so many in this community are taking the "don't hate the exploiter, hate the game" mentality.

No wonder this community is infamously known as one of the most vile and toxic in current gaming. Too many with 0 morals and froth at the mouth over streamers who show them the way.

• Visionmaker
    edited June 2019
    Options

Keep telling yourself that.

The quality of the game will drop if the devs don't put their foot down on exploiters. They are intentionally ruining multiple games and it is obvious that they are the loudest majority here because they have the most to lose for their own actions.

The devs have the responsibility to prevent AND punish exploits. Discovering an unpatched bug or exploit doesn't give any one of us free reign to abuse it until the devs do something about it. It's such an obviously ######### up mentality.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Wait I know about bugs with wake up but what's wrong with Legion add-ons? I am asking because I use legion quite a bit currently and wouldn't want to put on a combo that is game breaking.

• Visionmaker
    edited June 2019
    Options

The bug makes it so the addons reduces survivor action speeds.

Oh, don't worry. According to some of the posters here, it's totally fine to abuse it to your hearts content because the devs (and the innocent players you ruin games for) are the ones who are wrong here! [/sarcasm]

• Visionmaker
    edited June 2019
    Options

You know there's a problem when people argue that doing something wrong intentionally and causing harm to others is somehow defensible.

It's clear that some people don't want a solution because they are part of the problem.

Post edited by Visionmaker on
  • gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Of course it's better to solve the issue/disable the perks and addons. But if the devs can't for some reason (and I'm assuming they can't because of their hideous spaghetti code), they should absolutely warn people not to use the exploits and then bring down the hammer.

What kind of ######### dystopia we living in where it's socially acceptable to intentionally abuse game bugs to ruin everyone else's experience? People are a real gem sometimes.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I'll make sure to remember that! Wake up is one of the easier bugs to figure out if people are intentionally abusing it though if a survivor who has almost never run it before suddenly out of the blue runs it they are abusing it. The devs should ban for bug abuse IF ITS CLEAR THAT IT'S BEING ABUSED. Because there are innocent people that don't know but I am pretty sure the people usin wake up out of the blue are abusing it. It's kinda sad that the devs need to put out a notice that they are banning for a bug. You don't see that in other games the devs just ban people that are abusing it.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

They shouldn't be banning anyone, it's their fault and not the players. The bugs are so widespread that plenty of people could be "abusing" it/them without even knowing.

Something that takes deliberate and intentional maliciousness to exploit is one thing, but something that anyone can do just by accident is completely different

Plus anyone who doesn't look on the forums etc. will not even know that they could be banned for using something they might not have even realized was a bug. Maybe someone just tried out Wake Up! for the first time and thought it was supposed to affect everything, or maybe they are just using the perk because they like it and don't know why they have a yellow bar on everything. Or maybe they just got some cool new addons for legion and want to see how well they stack, only to realize they are super good and continue to use them, little did they know BAN just like that, for no apparent reason

The devs should focus on fixing the problems they created as opposed to punishing people who may or may not have even known they were doing anything wrong

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

Not sure if they've realized there's abuse-able bugs yet. They really shouldn't ban people for using perks and just fix them imo, though.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634
    Options

It really isn't a 50-50 comparison. People could be unaware they're doing something bad if they don't read the forums. I saw someone using Wake Up earlier and just assumed he was running a Kill My Team build since he had WGLF, too, and no BT or We'll Make It.

It's using something that's within the game and getting punished instead of them just fixing it. It'd be like giving someone a group of balls with varying shapes that they can play with, seeing they're using a green one, and punishing them for it because its shape gives it an advantage or something like that (due to being slightly damaged).

Those bugs can't really be used to hold the game hostage, so they probably won't ban anyone for either. I hope they do get around to fixing them with the next patch, though, at the very least.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

dude #########. How many perks are bugged? I use thana regularly on my spirit and I only recently got wake up because I figured I’d finally try it after never using it for the endgame. 🤦‍♀️

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

They gotta block those addons/perks from being used.

Banning for their own fail is dumb.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited June 2019
    Options

I hope not, banning for using those should be a last resort.

They should block them, like many many many suggested before me, and then only ban if they somehow circumvent the block of said equipment.

Banning will just result in less players and thus result in less munneh.

Also, if you happen to miss the news of it being bannable and you use it cause you think nothing's wrong, JOKES ON YOU LULZ!

Makes me think though: Are they even ABLE to block equipment from being used?

Spaghetti code is probably still a thing...

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,974
    Options

They're never going to ban anyone without announcing that people should stop using the bugged items first.

• ren_knock
    ren_knock Member Posts: 31
    Options

Yes they can block items from being used, like party starters and ######### can't be used unless they reactivate them, they have the capabilities, but they resort to banning for some reason or another.

• Visionmaker
    edited June 2019
    Options

Can you argue that a player who has used Wake Up less than 1% of the games before the GF suddenly jumps to using Wake Up in every perk build now is "unaware"? There is a clear difference between casually changing up your build and intentionally abusing a broken perk to your advantage.

Exploiting bugs is a bannable offense. It is easy for the devs to discern intentional abuse and unintentional use. There is no compelling reason not to punish players for exploitation. Why have rules at all when there is no punishment for breaking them?

The devs are pushovers and the only thing players have learned is that they can ruin games with it for as long as they can and get away with it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Oh that's right, i remember some Event Offerings being blocked.

Well...they're the boss i guess.

Idk, just banning outright is KINDA overboard.

Getting together with 3 others and all using it, okay yeah, i'd ban for that.

But not using this useful blocking tool for this seems like a missed opportunity.

• No one will lose the ability to play
    • No one will be bothered by the bug
    • Abusers can't abuse it
    • They now have the time to fix it without having to worry about who should be banned. (Though they shouldn't be slow in fixing it, apparently this Perk got SOME popularity after EGC.)
  • Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

It makes skill checks take skill to hit them LOL.

(Nah man that is quite screwed up)

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

They should warn everybody ingame. And after that, yes, they should hand out temp bans for people abusing the bugs.

It stops being exclusively their fault after they warn everybody. After that, it's just people facing the consequences of their own actions.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,974
    Options

Banning current and future customers over fixable exploits is simply bad business. There's a huge difference between rightfully blaming people who abuse those bugs and bashing the devs for not being so draconian.

• ATerribleBilly
    ATerribleBilly Member Posts: 69
    edited June 2019
    Options

I don't think the devs should have the right to ban people over (Their) own mistake. I'm not saying people should be able to freely use exploits that harm the game, but I think it's mostly the devs fault for implementing them, whether it was a mistake or not.

• Visionmaker
    edited June 2019
    Options

Customers or not, people are not entitled to services if they are intentionally ruining if for everyone else. People who intentionally exploit are few and far in between, and if it is a common occurence, then punishment is even more necessary.

Besides, no one is arguing permabans. That is ridiculous. But a suspension for not following the ToS is entirely warranted.

An obvious double standard is that you would not defend people getting punished for repeated D/Cs over the irrelevant fact that they paid for the game.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850
    edited June 2019
    Options

Wiggle bar and attempt escape are also bugged