Devs, something needs to be done about OoO

Options
Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

It's terrible, and keeping this perk the way it is, hard countering GF from using his power just reduces him to a regular M1 killer its horrible and promotes bullying from the Survivors. Why don't you understand this? Are you working on a solution to it?

I'm not saying make the perk ineffective, but to at least have something so it's not so neutering to GF. It's frustrating, I almost didn't want to play the match when 3 people in a swf had the perk equipped, I couldn't even use my power the way it was intended.

Remember how you were concerned with how Legion was to Survivors when they were released? Why isn't the same factor being considered when GhostFace is going against all of these seemingly impossible odds? It doesn't seem like good game design to me.

Please, do something.. anything about this perk.

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

Ghostygoo should tunnel the OoO and literally camp them if you need to. Teach them a lesson.

• Gardenia
    edited June 2019
    Options
  • BloopBloopBloop
    BloopBloopBloop Member Posts: 12
    Options

This is a joke right? You seriously have to be kidding me. Why not just get rid of all our perks? Been doing a good job of that anyway. So ridiculous.... "it's hard"... "it's frustrating".

On a side note, I will be using this perk from now on, thanks for the tip!

• TheDiz
    TheDiz Member Posts: 243
    Options

stop playing GF for a little bit...he just got released and everyone knows everyone is using GF so they will use that perk. Just like calm spirit is doctor's hard counter, what are the odds everyone will use this perk after the GF release dies down. People need to be patient and stop freaking out as soon as something is released because everyone is trying to hard counter the new character everyone is using....it's common sense

• BloopBloopBloop
    edited June 2019
    Options
  • TheDiz
    Options

the true hard counter to GF is premonition. I've been running it with urban evasion and the only time GF has seen me is when I want to be seen or to save someone from being downed.....I'm surprised people haven't started complaining that Premonition shouldn't detect GF if he's stalking, which would make premonition a useless perk if it didn't detect stealth killers because it would basically be the same as the terror radius

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

Best thing to do would be to make it not display the aura of a Killer when they are using a stealth power. Including the Pig crouching and Wraith in Cloak.

• epicassassin
    epicassassin Member Posts: 77
    Options

I asked peanits on discord if they're gonna make GF immune to OoO while in stealth and he said probably not. His quote "At the end of the day, that's what it's for. If we just make him immune to perks like that, then there's basically to reason to take it."

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Object is fun. Learn to play around it.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Once the GF hype dies out you'll encounter it less. Still sucks that of fully counters him but I suppose there's not much to be done about it. I understand where they're coming from with regards to not wanting to make it useless but it does feel like a double standard

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

OoO just hard counters so many killers it's not even funny. Most games I don't even want to play whenever I see the survivors aura at the beginning of the match.

Nevermind how much information it gives to players in swf...

• SaveUsY2K
    SaveUsY2K Member Posts: 43
    Options

It hasn't even been a week yet...in sorry but these fixes aren't instant.

• Gardenia
    edited June 2019
    Options

Okay, I'm going to address alot of your replies.

Typically, I'm not one to complain about everything and anything in this game. I understand there's a difference of being outplayed.

HOWEVER, I've made a post a week ago specifically saying Laurie Strodes Perks were overall unhealthy for this game. Because of the fact they're so powerful, they seemed to have been created with the solo Survivor in mind, hence why they're so effective. The problem is there are solos and there are SWF's. The perk by itself isn't harmful but coupled with swf it is devastating.

Moreover, the perk has always been a problem it's not just now becoming an issue. If you look into any swf matches, it's among the most used perks.

Regarding GF, The very big issue is this: Creating a stealth Killer in a game where stealth is no longer warranted. There are aura perks, Survivors run about sprinting and bumrush hooks. The majority of Survivors aren't immersed or hiding anymore because they are in the power role unfortunately.

So to have a SINGULAR perk completely nullify a killers entire power is alarming to say the least.

For those suggesting I shouldn't play him right now, that is unacceptable. People should want to play a licensed new killer within the release week or 2. And with how fast OoO was found to be extremely detrimental to a Killer completely reliant on stealth, that should send red flags that either the perk or the killer needs to be adjusted and looked at. Which one is going to change?

@Peanits please, I'm not asking you nerf the perk into the ground. But give it a cooldown at LEAST. If what the user that recently commented above me was true about how that's it's intended function, then what about the killer entire power? Am I not intended to use the power simply because of an unhealthy perk? Look into this please.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2019
    Options

I, for one, Have been sick of OoO since I learned that it revealed Wraith while he's cloaked. It's also particularly harmful to Pig because they can see her crouching, and Hag because they can see where she's setting her traps, and if they have a flashlight they just go around erasing all of her hard work. Same goes for Trapper, except they don't even need the flashlight. I believe that OoO shouldn't affect stealth killers when they use their abilities to enter stealth mode. As for poor Hag and trapper, it sucks but they aren't stealth killers and I can't think of anything that could be done to OoO except to drop its range which would pretty much make it useless. Another Possibility would be to make OoO only reveal the killers aura when the killer is looking in your direction, which of course also reveals your own aura to the killer, but at least then the killer could have some form of counter-play when survivors are using it.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

If I am ghostface I straight up camp anyone running OoO out the match, end of story.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    Options

I don't camp them, Instead I've been bringing in Mori's whenever I play GF, and if a survivor is using OoO they just paint a big ol' mori target on themselves.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

Some perks counter certain killers thats just the way it is. Just like calm spirit vs doctor and iron will vs spirit.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

the difference is ghostface has his power taken away from him and cant use it for 20 seconds.

iron will doesnt take away spirits ability to phase.

• vux_intruder
    vux_intruder Member Posts: 175
    Options

Exactly! But honestly OoO has its pros and cons because you see them as well ya know hha

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

I mean every GF player camps and tunnels anyway...at least this way they get a target to chase down right away?

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

You shouldnt be able to see him with OoO when he's in stealth mode. Just like tier 1 Myers. No f-ing clue why they didnt implement that

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Just make Night Shroud stop all aura reading like EW1 Myers. DONE

• BloopBloopBloop
    Options

What about those ridiculous add ons that cause "exhausted" status? You take away our power but it's all fun and games until you're not winning.

• Mr_T
    Mr_T Member Posts: 7
    Options

######### guys

Excuse me, but Premonition already doesn't work against crouching GF and if you get your way, half of survivor perks will be useless. Why don't we take away survivor perks as a class, eh?

• BloopBloopBloop
    Options

Killer: uses BBQ and chili and get points for "survivor found''. You can't tell me that's ridiculous.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

The perk needs a complete rework, it's horribly designed and bad for the game

• completely destroys any stealth killer powers
    • if any survivor in SWF has it, all of the SWF survivors get the effect for free
    • the correct counterplay is to tunnel anyone who has it but doing that will get you death threats spammed on your Steam profile if that is public, or in the postgame chat if you are smart and set it to private

Want to play stealthy? There's already lots of perks for that, Object Of Obsession isn't needed. Want to help other survivors in a chase, for example with flashlights? Run Bond / Empathy. Object Of Obsession isn't needed and not healthy for the game

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

Wraith also gets ######### by it. And Pig crouch. And any future killer with some sort of stealth ability

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Oh NOW we want to look at OoO. Not when all the pigs had issues with it.....

Lol.

• vux_intruder
    vux_intruder Member Posts: 175
    Options

It that’s the pros and cons of OoO, that’s the point haha if you risk using that perk then you should keep in mind that you’ll probably get tunneled and the killer will want you out of the game first.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272
    Options

Roll omega nurse simple.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

What people don't understand is that this works on all killers with 0 Terror Radius, Wraith and Pig have both had this issue for years, but no one brought it up because no one runs Object until GhostFace. So I see no issue in the perk. If someone has object go after someone else, or get up and stab them twice.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Idk that a very select few add-ons for 3-4 particular killers negating 1 perk is equate to 1 perk fully disabling a killers entire power.

• nhattminhh
    nhattminhh Member Posts: 16
    Options

OoO is an issue now? What a time to be alive.

• Jamez666
    Jamez666 Member Posts: 26
    Options

Since you didn't give an opinion of what to change your comment means nothing.

• Gardenia
    edited June 2019
    Options

I propose there be a cooldown to how often you can see the aura of the killer.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options
  • TheDiz
    Options

I think the game should start with all 4 survivors in chains and have to wiggle out and start the game injured and broken with ruin being normal gen repair and perks all have a 3 minute cooldown. Also BBQ should be built in with every killer and cut the maps in half. Give survivors 1% speed increase while injured and disable running period. That way it's fair and every killer can 4k every game in under a minute and nobody plays survivor anymore essentially killing the game. OoO is only problematic with well organized SWF and even then it's counterable, just get rid of them first. Anytime I ever used that perk it was a suicide mission almost immediately. Nerf BBQ so it only shows auras the first 3 hooks like distortion. lol

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,644
    Options