Do survivors really need a completely free escape?

Options
shanks3042
shanks3042 Member Posts: 163
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

Don't you think it's unfair to give them a completely free escape without even 1 Generator being repaired?

Before where you had to repair 2 generator I was completely fine with that, but now you can't even hook that 3rd survivor if no generator is repaired. They don't have to do anything but to hide until all other survivors are dead. I don't think that deserves a free escape.

Comments

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

I personally don't mind. Before the change some survivors would be so stealthy and immersed even thouh hatch hadn't spawned. Making it hard to find them, most killer had to run Whispers just so they had a chance at finding the last survivor in such situations.

I personally don't like running Whispers so I had a game where a survivor hid for 10 minutes, not touching any gens just because he hated me for killing his team before even a gen got done and his plan was to force my to DC.

At least with the hatch spawning now there won't be any hostage situation like that and like Aven said, you've got the upper hand for finding the hatch first cause you're faster and have no need to hide.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Do you want to wait X time before they try to repair a gen?

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Nope, just power the gates and start the EGC timer if there's one person left with less than 2 gens completed. No hatch if you don't work for it.

• shanks3042
    Options

I would like to have one generator repaired, maybe give survivors a buff so they can repair faster and then the hatch can spawn. If you are playing one of the slower killers chances are very high the survivor escapes while you are checking the other gate. I know you are not supposed to get a 4k always, but I think it's just a little bit unfair on the killer side to make escaping so easy for the last survivor. Even though I have to say that I find that pretty useful if I play survivor to be able to escape right away without doing anything.

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437
    Options

Depending on door rng, it's more likely killer-favored. People are complaining about how they spawn the same side of the map. Unless it's a big map, you can pressure the survivor off the gate before it fully opens as a slower killer. Only thing that needs looking at is door rng. And god forbid the hatch spawns right in front of a door.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

It's fine now.

Before EGC, suckers would hide for 30 minutes or more (even when hatch spawned), trying to get you to DC after you wrecked their teammates.

Now you can find the hatch, close it and trigger EGC.

If survivors are playing like asses just to get the hatch, means they're not on gens and not helping their team. Thus, Killer wins.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

I had the same thing. Killed two of their team and injured the other two. Spent 10 mins hunting them down (They hadn't 3 genned themselves) after hooking the 2nd. Eventually found them hiding in basement lockers, they hadn't even bothered healing themselves. I really hope this doesn't become the new 'stand off'

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

There is not such thing as a free escape. But let me ask the other way round: Do killers need a free 4th kill?

• shanks3042
    Options

Read my previous post, that should answer your question.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

You will always get those that just hide but that tends to say they are new and playing in the lower ranks.

Anyone in rank 13 and below should be able to play the game as hiding all game wont even allow them to get to that stage.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

yes, without hatch escapes I bet kill rates would be more. So many hatch campers get out free it distorts real escape rates tbh.

hatch escapes are legit not real escapes imo, especially the ones where Claudette just camps the hatch while last one dies on hook, thats a lose on their part imo

• vux_intruder
    vux_intruder Member Posts: 175
    Options

You can close the hatch now which is a huge advantage with the addition of EGC. And do you really need to get 4K every single game???

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2019
    Options

just because someone hides in the basement locker while the rest of team dies doesnt mean the person should escape.

hatch should be something that takes skill, not letting your team die while you crouch against the wall which is what most do.

Killers dont expect 4k every game, but survivors surely expect to escape thats for sure.

Not to mention hatch opens even if they dont do a single generator now LUL

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Just close the hatch. Or run an aura perk like BBQ too find them before they find hatch. You could also memorize where hatch spawns so it's less time wasted. Plus once hatch is closed the game is over unless they camped near an exit gate.

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437
    Options

People use to evade around before with two gens and not touch one.

Why are you concerned with that random Nea hiding in the basement? If you care to watch the game for the killer build, just leave it on and do something else. If you aren't, then move on to the next game. I'd like to know how you know what I'm doing 24/7 in a match. Just because gens aren't popping doesn't mean I'm not getting chased/cleansing/saving/going to a gen/actually on a gen but was just chased(or saved).

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

Personally, I say screw it man.

3-1 is a win in my book

• nhattminhh
    nhattminhh Member Posts: 16
    Options

Yea, well. In a 1 vs 1 situation, the survivor always lose if they don't have any escape. Once the killer find you and initiate a chase, there is no way you can shake off the killer.

So yea, a Hatch is necessary.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    edited June 2019
    Options

So, I was recently in a match against a Clown. I don't think two gens had been done (two suicides and a disconnect, not much I could have done in that situation), yet, so I didn't have any clue where the hatch was. I glanced around the map a bit, saw a giant purple cloud, and figured the killer was camping the hatch.

I started working on a gen.

After a while, the killer got bored and closed the hatch, starting the EGC. Even though I was directly next to a gate and able to start opening it immediately, he found me before I could finish and and sacrificed me.

If the hatch hadn't spawned, he would've been forced to search all over the map, checking each of the many remaining gens. Instead, when he got bored, he was able to force me to go to one of two spots if I wanted to attempt an escape.

Try to look at the hatch as a way for the killer to avoid being held hostage rather than as a free escape. I hate being held hostage. It's boring and frustrating. I was recently held hostage by two survivors who decided not to do gens during a match; I wish there had been something I could do in that situation other than scour the entire Red Forest map. I'm thankful that at least when it's only one survivor left there's no more being held hostage. Sometimes the last survivor gets away, but I prefer that to the time-wasting boredom of being stuck on a map forever as they hide in corners with no recourse other than disconnecting.

Post edited by TragicSolitude on
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I actually prefer this "free" escape rather than having to find 1 sneaky Survivor.

At that point i have killed 3 already.

If i find them, yay, great!

If i don't, aww, but at least it's over.

That's just how i think of course.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

The thought process behind the hatch is that it forces the game to end once there is only one survivor left. Either they'll escape, or the EGC will get them. Previously when you had to do 2 gens to get hatch, there were situations where games could go on way longer than desirable with absolutely nothing interesting happening because the survivor was just in a ######### situation.

This is not quite as bad with 2 survivors left alive because eventually they'll try to start killing each other or they'll actually do gens.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I actually want to keep it when I am solo and every dies in 5 seconds it feels good to have a chance atleast