Is there ps4 pro user here?

My device is overheating after 3.0.0 patch.

Running dbd for more than 2 hours will shut down ps4.

Does this problem occur only to me?

There's no problem playing other games.

Comments

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2019

Ya it's only you man. Works fine for me the other day on my days off I ran it all day.

If you remind me though after Monday I have days off again so I can reconfirm for you.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777

I'm not a pro user, because I have a regular PS4, but try looking at the amount of storage you have left, the games you're running, and the capacity of the console. It probably won't work but I know this issue. Whenever I get into the application, it sounds like my game is next to an airplane, it literally sounds horrible.

I do though have experienced recent crashes because of save data, and it has been rampant. This is definitely weird, if anything, I would think this has to do with your hardware of your PS4, or possibly the storage capacity. Maybe your PS4 is being clocked up too far.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

Buy a PS4 fan.

This is the one I have and honestly my PS4 has never overheated. It has USB ports on it, a charging station for your controllers, and it has a off-low-high setting for your fan. :)

• Noodle
    Noodle Member Posts: 103

DBD likes to run really hot on the PS4/Pro during the countdown and menus. This is the first I've heard about a PS4 shutting down from it but there's a few steps you can take. One is to make sure you have a minimum of 1.5-2 feet of open space on all sides of your console. If one side is cut off from proper air flow it can cause the system to overheat.

Second and this is probably the most important cause so few people know about it and how to do it. You need to pop the top off your console, to do this pull up and the corners at the front of the console, you'll hear a few pops and then the top can easily slide off. This'll give you access to the fan which you'll want to clean from any dust build up. Use either a can of compressed air or a very very soft cloth and be easy with the blades. With the top off and a can of air you can also reach the heat sink inside the console as it sits just right behind the fan, you'll want to blow air into that and clean it out as best you can. It's very easy for dust, hair and other things to get stuck in the heat sink as it's basically just a bunch of small metal rods lumped closely together. (advise watching a youtube video to learn more on how to properly clean out the system.)

If you continue to have issues with your console shutting down after doing these two steps you may need to get a new console as there could be something malfunctioning with yours.

(Another thing you can try though I'm unsure it'll have any impact is you can rebuild your database. This will "defrag" the console and can cause it to run faster and better. You can do this by turning the console off, then using the button on the console itself to turn it back on, hold the button down though till you hear a second beep, this'll take you to the proper menu.)

• Spaceman94
    Spaceman94 Member Posts: 164

It runs fine on my Pro. I play daily and have no issues.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

I'm a PS4 Pro player and my console is fine with DbD.

• chuckles5009
    chuckles5009 Member Posts: 24
  • MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

My ps4 sounds like a Hoover when it’s playing dead by daylights I turn it off and it stops