Stop asking for 2v8

December_1863
December_1863 Member Posts: 206
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

Infinite tier 3 Myers + Nurse

oh yeehaw what a great [BAD WORD] idea, imagine playing billy, and your teammate is playing trapper, traps will be in your way, and you can't do anything about traps, you can't pick them up because you're not a trapper. Imagine how much time devs would waste making things like new animations for smaller killers stepping into traps, more unnecessary work for the devs. Balance between the two gamemodes would be different, which would probably result in killers power not working the same in 1v4/2v8. Mixing killers powers together would break the game, reworking all the achievements to fit with the 2v8 gamemode would be a mess. 2 killers can hit a survivor simultaneously to instadown the survivor.

Just stop asking for 2v8, my words cannot describe how stupid that idea is, the gamemode that we have is fine, trials just keep getting better and better with the addition of things like the endgame collapse, etc.

Good day.

Comments

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Ok...

Im just gonna ask for a 8V2 then ^^

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Then we will never have 2 man leatherface. One brings survivors to the basement with Agitation and Iron Grasp. The other just camps the stairs with a full chainsaw charge.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

Why'd you think there'd be friendly fire between killers?

Why'd you assume achievments would work in that mode? Unless new ones get made.

.... I'll let you in on a secret to everyone, if the killers stay together, theyll lose.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

But Bubba's have to stay together for they all camp the baement lol how would that work with a 2x8 lol jokes aside it just wouldn't work, it would be more annoying then ants at a picnic

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,325

Really, just ANY 2 killers would be too much when you think they could just take a loop in opposite directions to pincer a survivor. Even if you manage to get all the gen's done, you still have a killer for each exit gate.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

A shame not everyone is like me or my cousin. We'd both use the killers we love, like a Legion and Spirit duo.

Or Ghostface and Myers.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
  • VamplifeVone
    VamplifeVone Member Posts: 13

@December_1863 2v8 is a great idea its only if the devs do it right plus it's only going to be like a kyf mode so it wouldn't just be some random killer and it's boring playing killer by yourself sometimes you have to admit that it would be a little better to have some company everyone and a while think of the memes but I think they should make matchmaking random for killers and invite

• TheDr
    TheDr Member Posts: 23

Idk bro at least it can spice things up a bit and we can finally have a different taste of dead by daylight.

It's like having food. Tf2 has different flavors and infinite types of ways you can taste, while dead by daylight, oh let's just give you one type of flavors of ice cream and if you pay 10 bucks we'll change the color of it, then when endgame released its just like adding sprinkles to the very bottom of an ice cream.

Give us something different these guys gotta explore the possibilities because it has the ability to become as big as... idk tf2, csgo. Sure new killers and survivors can spice it up but what is that gonna do to the ice cream, different ways to eat the same flavor.

Make something new I want another flavor this flavors REALLLY getting boring and I'm only still playing because I wanna squeeze as much enjoyment out of this game as possible, I'll buy what evers not crossing the EA line. Make something new.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

2v8 or 2v10 would require new, larger Maps (at least the size of old Pale Rose) that would be exclusive to that game mode.

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209

Yeah... People cant understand the unbalanced games that could be...

Killer1: "Hey Killer2, let's get that survivor so we can instant down him."

• VamplifeVone
    VamplifeVone Member Posts: 13

@SpitfireOrMichina if it's completely random instead of invite only maybe the would solve those majority of those problems and in the end there will still be swf and kyf you ever wanted to friend someone in a 2v8

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

I can just see it now, one hunts around gathering the survivors on hooks in a close area while the other just camps them. What fun. The maps would also need to be much larger.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

You guys do realize survivors get a period of invincibility after getting hit right? That's why 1 plague corrupt stream cannot hit a single survivor more than once

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Weirdly enough, the Pig and other killers have animations for getting out of beartraps. However, this is evidence that the way the game is currently coded, the killers would be at odds.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Killers want to play with friends as well. Besides that, the mode doesn't have to be a copy and paste version with more people. If and whatever they do, it still wouldn't be mandatory, so if its not appealing just continue to play ranked.

• Krystress
    Krystress Member Posts: 52

During 2vs8, survivors wouldn't give a ######### about helping eachother. That's not something I would be looking forward to. Not to mention all the disconnections...

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Actually the killers already have the animations. There is footage of it in some of the KYF mode videos for the multi killer glitch. It was very interesting to see that killers had already been rigged to respond to things they normally wouldn't encounter. If anything the biggest issue with a 2v8 from a killer perspective is that it would just devolve into 1v1v8.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Mushwin if they did add a 2v8 then you’d be giving the survivors the hatch while I attempted to kill them.🤣🤣🤣

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

You’re right...

3v12 when? 🤔

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    edited June 2019

@GrootDude That’s just Battle Royale Dead By Daylight at that point

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Chaotic_Riddle it’ll fit perfectly with battle pass. :P

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

Could this actually be a thing? I normally dislike BRs but this would be the exception.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Your right 2v4 sounds wayyyy more fair