Will exit gate locations be improved?

What I mean by this question is simple. Some times exit gates spawn very close to each other. As killer I admit this is hard opportunity to pass up. However as a survivor I can see how this is annoying and even impossible to combat in certain situations. All the killer has to do is stand in one place and watch both doors. It just seems a bit unfair but of course I don't blame the killer as this is a map design flaw and not really cheating. Camping an area during end game is and always has been a viable strategy and I won't argue about it. I just want to know if maybe the devs intend to make a correction to this issue in the distant future or even perhaps not so distant. It just seems like a valid question now with the end game collapse.

Answers

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Gates are fine at the moment i agree

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited June 2019

@Dssab If they were far apart only billy and nurse would be able to defend both simultaneously.

Would be a nerf to all but the best killers.

• Dssab
    Dssab Member Posts: 17

So then it's a 50/50 chance for both Killer and Survivor. What's wrong about that?

• BBQnDemogorgon

@Dssab the 50/50 part is the hatch game...

Whoever finds it first when its open should win. When the survivor jumps in we don't get a time period to search afterward. No chance for killer after its found

Survivors get a chance even after the killers find and close it so that chance should be super minimal otherwise its not very fair...

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Disagreed, they need a minimum/maximum distance of spawn because it is either hell for survivors or hell for killers

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Gates are fine. They are very rng dependant. Sometimes they spawn very far away sometimes very close. Sometimes there is a lot of rubble blocking the view between them sometimes there is clear view.

Giving them set distance to very far aways would make them survivor sides, right now they are neutral and in my eyes perfect.

• Dssab
    Dssab Member Posts: 17

Whatever, the whole game is about luck not skill *shrug

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

It's fine leaving it up to RNG, This way they're sometimes too close and sometimes too far.

If They were always far apart people would just camp them instead of going for the hatch and wait it out till the killer finds and closes it or goes to the other door, It'd make for a very boring and long end game play.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

This. All the changes over the past year have pushed survivors to focus purely on the gens because everything else lowers their chances of survival. I've noticed the rush to hit gens is worse than ever.

• BigKrazyKag
    BigKrazyKag Member Posts: 41

The gen rush is definitely bad. Without ruin it's a nightmare. Then you have totems near gens or out in plain view. I will have to agree with you there.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Gens are life. If you don't get them done, you are most likely going to die.

Pretty high motivation to rush them.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Gates are fine bro

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

If you have a problem with exit gates spawning too close together, then it's hypocritical to not have a problem with exit gates spawning too far away.

Now, how many maps have exit gates pre-determined to spawn at opposite ends of the map? And how many have exit gates pre-determined to spawn close to each other? Even with RNG, guess which you're going to see more of as a result?

• lindenis
    lindenis Member Posts: 60

Omg this ppl saying gates are fine lul

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

They’ll fix gates right after they fix hex totem spawns