Man I'm sick of Pig traps not getting off after 3 or 4 machines

Yohan
Yohan Member Posts: 172
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

Sometimes it doesn't work even after 4 tries. It's a big waste of time really. And don't get me started on the PIGS that go looking for the nearest trap machine because they know I'm going there. Further more, the sound of the trap gets louder so if you don't get it off quickly (WHICH I WANT TO) the Killer will definitely hear you from a big distance away; and that's exactly what happens many times.

The maximum number of tries before the trap gets off, should be 3. If it doesn't work in 2 tries then the 3rd time has to work.

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Pig is one of my least favorite killers to play against. Running around the map trying to get your trap off is not fun gameplay. I wish it was less about randomness and took some kind of skill to get the trap off. Not sure how that would be accomplished though.

And many Pigs tunnel you even though you're wearing a trap. So that's fun.

• Eguzky
    Eguzky Member Posts: 173

Um..No?

Then you may as well just remove the Traps ability to kill. The whole point is, if you're too slow or unlucky, you die.

If you were GIFTED a removal, then what's the point of them killing? Yes, you are still slowed down and removed from doing gens, but no, no, no, you don't get to just be given a gift-wrapped removal because your luck was bad.

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114
    edited June 2019

Lol whether I'm playing the pig or survivor the trap usually comes off on the first or second box.

The tunneling while you have it on is lame though.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

@Yohan

The rng of those traps work both ways my dude. When you're playing Amanda do you know how annoying it is to have someone get their trap off in their first box. Especially considering you can't restock your traps meaning of somebody gets that thing off in 15 seconds it was a practical waste.

Secondly if you keep running into pigs that search the boxes around where you are hooked maybe it's a little bit of a hint to stop going for boxes directly right by the hook go to the furthest ones then come back later.

Lastly the purpose of a reverse bear trap is to waste time during the trial if it's wasting time it's doing its job. Even the Deva themselves after the end game nerf to the trsps, that pigs are meant to use their traps in the game to slow it down not anywhere else.

@brokedownpalace

Now when you say tunneling do you mean that are actively going out of their way to look for you or do you just happen to run into the pig and expect her not to chase you because you have a reverse bear trap on.

Because as somebody who has played pig I have found survivors running around like headless chickens with reverse bear traps only to get incredibly offended because I did go after them whilst they are under the delusion that me looking in the direction while they have a helmet on is tunneling

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Like ignoring everybody else and going straight for the unhooked player even though they have a trap on and the 3 other survivors are freely working on gens.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited June 2019

I really hope a pig outfit releases tomorrow :(

This thread made me want to play her 😂

• Yohan
    Yohan Member Posts: 172
    edited June 2019

@Aari_Piggy66

First of all, I'm not your dude, Piggy.

To your first point, I don't want to get the trap off in one try, if that makes you cry. I said 3 tries maximum and that is reasonable.

To your second point, it takes forever to get it off, the Killer will still search for the other machines, he will find me somehow because of it (and that is tried and true). Like I said, the sound grows louder, the Killer will hear me even if I'm far from him (and that happens a lot).

Lastly, the purpose of the traps is extra. There is a difference between slowing down the match, and slowing down the match so much by having to travel the whole map back and forth and try 4 times and still not get it off.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I see where you are coming from. I had my share of pigs and her traps, but this is kinda bad. It would nerf the Pig a bit because if getting off the trap doesn't work in 2 tries it guarantees the 3 box.

When i play against the Pig i go the furthest box and work my way back. There are times i get the trap off and there were times where the last box is where i first got hooked. I also got Spine Chill to help me know if the killer is looking at me. It also helps with doing the box faster. Also the beeping of your trap well...i hope they don't hear me.

What i worry most about the Pig is if teammates bring the killer where i'm doing the box or if my trap is beeping and almost done while another teammates trap isn't set off yet, and they are doing the boxand they don't get off, then i die mid-way or die before i get to touch it.