Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A suggestion for DS to make both sides happy. (Up to change)

NurseMainBTW
NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
edited June 2019 in General Discussions

^ Title

Decisive strike has always been a popular topic, following it's rework, many found the perk to have finally achieved true balance. However, some players do still find the perk to be out of his role, that being countering tunnelers.

This is a proposed change to make the perk much more powerful against true tunnelers but at the same time keeping it a strong tool without being overwhelming against killers that "accidentally" found the unhooked survivor again even when their intentions were NOT to tunnel.

Proposed changes:

1- After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 20/25/30 seconds (Down from 40/50/60 seconds, as people suggested that a full minute was just too much even when a killer didn't tunnel the survivor);

2- While Decisive Strike is active, when grabbed by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check to automatically escape the Killer's grasp and stun the Killer for 4 seconds. (Stun reduced to 4 seconds instead of 5, keep reading and you'll see why);

Now... here comes the fun and interesting part:

3- Getting into a chase during the active time Decisive strike is active will prevent the cooldown from depleting until you escape the killer's terror radius. For every 5 seconds you're being chased, gain 1 token up to a maximum of 4. Each token grants a stackable 20% increased stun power to Decisive strike (4 tokens=8 seconds stun). Getting hit during the chase grants 1 token instantly (This means that, in the worst case scenario, you'll still receive one token and have a 4.8 stun power);

4- While in the dying state, Decisive strike active time will not deplete until the killer downs another survivor outside it's terror radius;

5- Tokens will deplete one at the time after 60 seconds of being outside the killer's terror radius.

Share your opinions and keep it civil down there. I tried my best making it fair for both sides and at the same time spicing it up for people who truly tunnel the ######### out of survivors.

Comments

• tomikomPL
    tomikomPL Member Posts: 97

And again about DS ... i cant stop think about when people will finally stop talking about this ######### ... I really hate all these cry baby killers ...

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

I completely support your idea. As the killer you sometimes trigger the DS even if you aren't tunneling. 60 secs is a lot.

• NurseMainBTW
    edited June 2019

I have 1100 hours on the game, more survivor than killer. This isn't an entitled killer post I assure you, give it a chance and read it fully.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Taking into account that nothing in this game will ever make everyone happy and we should be aiming to have a small, healthy amount of complaint to both sides, I agree that the time could be shorter and stop during a chase. That pushes the perk more towards the anti-tunnel identity and stops punishing people who don't tunnel.

I still think it's fine right now though.

• NurseMainBTW

It is absolutely fine. But my idea was that if I was to rework the perk and halve the time down, then it deserved a little compensation in the stun power to make it true to it's nature: Discourage tunneling.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Believe me, as long as DS consistently punishes ONLY tunneling, I'd gladly have it stun the killer for 20 seconds with a big foam finger of shame pointing to the killer from the skies.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

My proposed changes to ds would be:

1. It no longer activates on self unhook. There are situations where survivors intentionally use deliverance in combination with ds to continue a chase without needing another survivor to get off a generator.
    2. Decisive strike deactivates whenever the killer hooks another survivor. As an anti tunnel perk, it doesn't make much sense as to why the perk stays active if the killer isn't tunneling so let's not keep it active.
    3. Reduce the stun time back to 3 or 4 seconds. The only reason the stun time was changed to 5 seconds was enduring shortening the stun too much. Now that enduring has been changed to only affect pallets, there is no reason to keep the stun time 5 seconds.

My thoughts on ds, I'm a little bit on the edge about the 3rd change. I'm all for tunnelers being punished but 5 seconds is a pretty long stun.

• NurseMainBTW

That is what I'm aiming for. A shame people are down voting the post without trying to read it first just because there's the word "Change". Ugh.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Thanks dude but as a Killer main, i'm fine with it, I can get more chase bloodpoints and hit scorings, allows some of my games to go longer.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

DS is pretty good now... It does what it is intended, it punishes a killer who tunnels you off the hook. With the change that you don't know who has DS because it can be anyone even a person without an obsession perk, you can't tell if someone has it (unless the survivor does something stupid like tea-bag after an unhook expecting you to down and pick them up for an easy DS).

Yes the timer is a tad long, I actually don't mind the idea of shortening it 20/25/30 seconds (Down from 40/50/60 seconds) and adding it so that the timer doesn't decrease while in chase.

If you wanted to do within terror radius I would say something more like 10/15/20 instead.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

I like ds how it is now. good if the killer isnt paying attention, otherwise useless. it's their decision to take the stun or not, and it can hurt if they aren't careful

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Your idea sounds solid.

I still think that most fair idea has been that DS is active for 2, or even 3 minutes after unhooked, but gets disabled after some one else is hooked.

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

sounds good but I feel its too many changes for a single perk. I liked another suggestion from here recently i.e. after you are unhooked, DS is active for 60 seconds and during this time for every other person being hooked, timer gets reduced by 30 seconds. So, hook two persons and timer is null. This way, it can punish tunnelers and yet not be too hard on efficient killers who can snowball within 60 seconds.

• skillchecks
    skillchecks Member Posts: 117

The perk is fine as it is.

• su11yboy
    su11yboy Member Posts: 38

I like the decreased timer to 20/25/30 along with it not going down during chase. Maybe make it so it goes down slower in killers terror radius instead of just stopping in chase? So the timer is 20/25/30, but if your in the terror radius it can be up to 40/50/60 seconds. Or just have hooking another survivor completely cancel DS, until your hooked again. The stun should then just be 5 seconds to punish tunnelers. I don't think it's possible for someone to be efficient and hook someone else and still get DS'd on. As survivor if I'm dead on hook I'm sometimes unsure if I should purposely go down when my timer is about to run out so this would solve the problem.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I don't like #4 one bit.

Also, this is just overly complex.

And not as in: "I don't get it."

But as in that this feels like 2 Perks in 1.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Remove the timer when slugged. Killers abuse it.