Why do I get so many killer dailies???

Options
CotJocky
CotJocky Member Posts: 219

Just as the title states, I don't understand why? This is a asymmetrical game and you need a 4/1 ratio for it to work out. I play survivor more because the wait times for killer are very long. It takes me up to 15 minutes at times to get a killer game (a decent percentage of the time) and around 5-15 seconds to get a survivor game. I've played this game since 2017. I definitely get in the neighborhood of 4/1 or 5/1 killer dailies over survivor dailies. The other annoying thing is that I can only delete 1 daily a day. I really wish I could just delete them even if it mean it gave me zero. And ultimately, I think they need to change the ratio to be more survivor oriented so that they are more in line with the player base. At the very least, they need to be 50/50. It just gets old constantly deleting dailies hoping I'm actually going to get one I could accomplish. I'm not willing to wait 15 minutes for a game 3 times just in hopes that some SWF will step in my trap for 25K points when I can do 3 gens/3 hook saves/Sabo 2 hooks/etc... in 1-2 games and wait 15 seconds to get a game.

Comments

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909
    Options

I often get killer dailies too. I think I just notice them more because I'm happy to see survivor dailies and clear them out quickly, while the killer ones sit around for a few days nagging me.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I believe you get rituals for the side you play less more.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

i play more killer and get mostly killer dailies.

i think the pool might have more killer dailies in it.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,450
    Options

If i recall correctly, but i may be wrong, the game gives you dailies of the characters you play less.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I play mostly killer, but constantly get dailies for killers I don't play. I don't play them because I hate playing them. I constantly get Nurse, Billy, Wraith, and Legion dailies. I play Trapper, Pig, Shape, Clown, and Doc primarily. Seriously annoying. My Billy, Nurse, and Legion are all lvl 1 to 5. Just stop it already.

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216
    Options

I’ll be happy if I never see a “open an exit gate with Feng Min” ritual again in my life.

i think it is because there are simply less survivor rituals.

killers have sac, mori, and power rituals

survivors have escape, open exit gate, and then a bunch of generic rituals that can be done by any survivor (escape with an item, heal, do gens, save allies)

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

I'm pretty sure it's due to there being more killer dailies in general. Unless I'm remembering wrong, all the killer rituals are killer specific so there's now 16 of each type of ritual (or less if you haven't unlocked all the killers). Meanwhile, I believe a number of survivor rituals can be done with any survivor so there won't be 17 types of those rituals, only 1.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

Other than all the right reasons given above, have you considered the fact the maybe the Entity wants you to become a Killer? 😄

• CotJocky
    Options

Well the Entity needs to get me Insta-Lobbies if he wants me to be a Killer main! ;-)

I play this game across 3 platforms and 5 accounts. I really only play on Xbox (2 accounts) or PS4 (1 account) for the dailies or the rare occasion that a friend wants me to play a game with them. When I turn on DBD on Xbox/PS4 and only find Killer dailies, I just delete a daily and if I get another killer daily, I just turn off the console. Forcing dailies on me that I cannot complete (requires a Mori I don't have) or do not want to complete (not worth the time needed to complete it), only demotivates me to play this game. I believe that is the opposite intended effect of the "daily" in the first place.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    Options

I hate that I get none of the dailies for the killers and survivor I actually play, and always get them for the ones I've put little to no points into.

"Chainsaw 4 survivors with Cannibal", Gladly would if he had any good perks higher than rank 1, and a good supply of decent add-ons. But no, Cannibal is not my favorite playstyle, so you're asking me to use a killer who isn't viable at my rank, and has none of the tools/perks to compete at my rank, and accomplish a task that is ridiculously challenging at my rank, for a measly 30k bonus? I get twice as much as that playing a game and losing with Legion. Hard Pass!

"Open the gate 2 times with Bill" I only play 1 survivor, and only upgraded everyone else to rank 40 for the teach-ables, so Bill is worse off than my Cannibal! There's nothing unique about the other survivors, just skins that share the same perks. Why on earth would I want to max out all of them, when I can just do that to 1 of them and have the same survivor experience regardless? You think its because I want to hear different noises come from them? Use different cosmetics? No, I just play the survivor role with my favorite skin, and unless you start giving them something else that makes them unique from each-other, and game-play affecting, there's literally no reason to get any of the others past lvl 40. Again Hard Pass!

Sigh, The dailies are useless to me. The only ones I ever do, because I know I can do them, are the really easy ones, or the "Kill a survivor by your hand" ones, because I'm gonna lose no matter what with those characters, but at least it was an easy 30-60k.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

This can't be true because I can go multiple days without ever seeing a survivor daily. It's prob too promote more people plaaying killer.

• CotJocky
    Options

The "kill by your own hands" are the ones I never do because they require "Mori's" I don't have on my Level 1 killers! lol... Shock 4 times. level up evil within 4 times, dream chase sequence, chase the survivors for 180 seconds, the one's that require nothing are the ones I do, IF the lobby wait time aren't insane; which it usually is. There is definitely no reason to try and "promote" more people to play killer! lol... At least not in my play region.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    Options

@Rizzo90 Not even then. I play Myers, Bubba, and Freddy the most, and constantly get Bubba and Freddy dailies.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

Yeah it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It would make more sense if there were 2 surv dailies to 1 killer daily.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Personaly I would prefer them to give us a choice when they renew of chosing a random killer or survivor one.

At least that way we can chose what daily we want for the role we are playing at that time.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Funny enough i got a few more Survivor dailies lately than Killer ones, but i generally get way more Killer dailies.

I played Survivor once the last 2 months, but the Killer dailies sure as hell don't stop.

Which makes me happy of course.

Anyway, the notion of the Entity encouraging you to play the other role...i'm not seeing it.

Maybe it's SUPPOSED to be that way, but not in my game.