First Person Mode

We don't need a barebones mode or whatever. What we need is a mode where survivors are locked to first person just like killers. It'd be pure horror trying to escape Freddy or even Legion. Who else supports this?

Comments

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849
    edited June 2019

I really don't want the game to add new mods... but options.

The reason I don't like new modes is: Killer Lobbies are already not the best, splitting this player base into modes is just going to make it worst.

However I do like the idea of a survivor choosing to go into First Person mode, it would make the game way harder for that survivor so they should be rewarded with extra BP for choosing ([BAD WORD] they should auto get 100% plus). Because one it would be terrifying to play in first person, especially if they locked you into your characters viewing range... working on a gen means you can't see directly behind you.

I think some killer mains would get mad at the bonus, but as a killer main myself, I really don't care how much BP a survivor gets. It doesn't effect my game at all.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

I'd be down for it!

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I would love this as a timed event or just as an option

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Imagine Billy after you non stop or spirit? Man that'd be crazy

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Make it a toggle option, I would play this every match if I could.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

Sometimes I use a screen size that kind of zooms in and cuts off the edges. It makes it so the survivor's head is half an inch from the top of the screen so it's a super close 3rd person experience for fun sometimes ^_^

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

As a killer main I would at least appreciate the option for 3rd person view as killer like survivors get but I guess that wouldn't be fair though right? I'm tired of just looking at hands or a butcher knife... Lmao

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Unless you hear his breathing which I use to tell if it's a Myers, Pig, or Ghostface/Wraith

• hahugow
    hahugow Member Posts: 126

Indeed we understand it is a HUGE assimetry, we still demand it

the development would be tremendously simple, like changing a couple of vars, in fact even the killer was in 3rd person with a bug lately

The question is how??? perk? offering? mode? settings? event?

I bet for optional "terror event", x4 times a day, during 1 hour, gaining double BPs

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

Like a rotating mode of a week or something. One week is first person survivor. The next week is vanilla. For those who get bored of the standard game mode.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

Killers should get 25% bloodpoints and survivors should get 400% bloodpoints in that game mode. It would be absurdly easy as a killer and almost impossible as a survivor. Survivors working on gens would just be a free hook for any stealth killer. No skill required. Surveillance = free win. Chases would be a joke. Survivors couldn't loop since it would be super easy to outplay. That really only leaves trying to run straight and as far as you can make it before the killer catches up which wouldn't be long. 3rd person camera is pretty much the one advantage survivors actually have.

With all that said, I have been advocating for alternate game modes for a very long time. There is huge potential for the game. I strongly believe that they should do a rotation of alternate game modes on weekends. Here is a link to a thread tossing around different ideas. I'd be good with something like this going in the rotation, but I don't think it should be a permanent option except maybe KYF.

• iTz_KilLaZ_x
    iTz_KilLaZ_x Member Posts: 300

Stealth killers can still be heard. Michaels breathing for example. If you are aware of pallet locations, you can still run the killer. Obviously looping will be difficult. The whole point of having a first person mode is for the fear factor. I personally wouldn’t care if I died most of the time. If my blood is pumping each game, id love that. Survivor now is so ez and boring

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

I really love the idea of somehow being able to play in first person as a survivor. Firstly it's much more scary and immersive. Second is that I personally hate third person modes in games because I think it's always unfair in some way.

It's not rly hard to look behind you while running. Exactly same controls as in current third person. You just won't see over obstacles or behind corners. As for generators, it wouldn't be that hard to code it so that you can turn your head enough to see just what's behind you. The head doesn't have to twist that far for other players, perhaps head can rotate certain amount until they have to visually move eyes to see further. Seeing what's behind the generator would be the only issue unless there's some peeking mechanism while working on them.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

I love the idea of a first person mode option.

Perhaps to make it slightly easier, make it so that you have the sort of "insidious" shade, when a killers looking at you out of your corner of view (from maybe 8-12 metres?) only to allow the survivor a sort of sense of where the killer is behind them in a chase other then just audio

it doesn't even have to be balanced, i just want to be able to use it

a blood point bonus would be neat alongside,

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Don't care if its more challenging, it would also be more fun ( for me at least)

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

Better yet, lets also give survivors tank controlls like in Silent Hill 😝

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68

Yaaaaas

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2019

No perks, items, or addons for killers and survivors

Both locked to first person

Would be fun as an alternative choice experience I think, might actually be scary, especially against some of the more jump scary killers

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Perhaps let the survivor look to their left and right while on an objective, but not ba

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

The devs have yet to comment

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

I like the idea but that won't be a thing... How to sell cosmetics if its a first person view ?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Personally I think a first person mode would be possible by shifting heavily the focus on sounds. Maybe it could be a perkless mode to make balance easier, but it would indeed be a very welcome change to all horror fans.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

OoO useless in first person mode would be fine, we already have plenty of nothing perks like dejavu, left behind and vigil.

I would rather have more variety in game mode than every perk working to it's capacity.

• Dead_by_David17
    Dead_by_David17 Member Posts: 75

Pls become I survivor main so I can farm you and message you "ez" for everytime you were a toxic ######### as killer

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Even if it was optional the novelty would wear off pretty quick after you keep getting owned by the killer match after match. They still move faster than you, you still leave scratch marks/blood, and now you just crippled your ability to mind game. While the killer gets a nice view of you and where they are going, you have to watch where you are going all the time or get stuck on the numerous items that clutter the map.

I feel they would get tired of it pretty quick after being easy hooks.

But on the plus side it would be much easier to moonwalk...

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Would be cool as a new mode with a different atmosphere; I feel third person is best for the main mode of the game though, personally. Honestly, I find first person gives me more information in games- third person feels awkward and limits what I notice.

• Ttwylerr
    Ttwylerr Member Posts: 106

I'd love this as an option.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

I'd like to point out that pig being able to sneak up to a survivor fixing a gen is a problem but Ghostface while is supposed to be a stealth killer makes as much noise as a traffic jam in a middle of a large city while trying to do so.

I'm all for it. Perks and such can be redesigned and why even remove ability to look around while fixing the gen. It can still be done from FPP.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

I think there is "physical in a game" I mean that if there is a first person in this game, the survivors can tilt their heads to the sides until a limit that would be for the stealthy killers, to look back they will have to stop repairing and review the environment that includes a factor of terror in the game.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

Imagine that, and you could rotate just like normal fps games.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Sounds good, but would be an absolute bloodbath. I fear most of the crappy killers that rely on tunneling and camping would flood to it and be really sweaty. Would have to change the name to griefer mode.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

It would make the horror tag of the game deserved

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

I'd love this, it would be a good reason to play survivor if it gave extra BP

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Sounds cool and all. But its impossible. You'll go down every 10 seconds, they should make it more about hiding instead of looping.

• n2njauwu
    n2njauwu Member Posts: 267

why u even answer then , it would be addition to game , you dont want it then you dont play it , simple as that

• EvelisH
    EvelisH Member Posts: 3

I would totally be down for that as an alternative game mode. Yeah it would probably ruin the balance of the game, but it could be fun as a challenge for more seasoned players that want to try something else out once in a blue.