Cross Platform Profiles

HatCreature
HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

So I play this game on the PS4 and I haven't touched the game since Plague because I've been playing PC games, I have DBD on my PC as well so I can play the PTB but only for that. Well I want to start playing again but I want to play the game for real on my PC but ALL of my progress is on the PS4, I have almost all the perks and all the characters unlocked, I paid A LOT of money to get where I am now and it is so demoralizing to go to my PC game and see everything at 0, to see no progress and that I have to buy everything all over again.

Is a cross platform profile even possible? I know it's not on the Roadmap but is that even a thing that the Devs could do? My only option I can think of right now is to wait for the Double XP weekend and grind away all over again and I'm not excited about it :( just writing this is depressing.

Also, in case you feel like saying why didn't I just play it on the PC first I only got a capable PC months after playing this on the PS4. I didn't think I would ever get a PC capable of playing anything but Warcraft 3 so I didn't wait for it.

Comments

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I wouldn't mind this I play ps4 and steam.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I don't think it would be fair for Switch or mobile players to have to face PC or even Xbox/PS4 players. And until the frame rate is 60 on console, it's not really fair to pit Xbox/PS4 against PC.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

It's awful starting over.

This should happen.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@brokedownpalace Every cross play game has an opt out in the options menu. No game forces you to cross play.

(Besides FFXIV AFAIK)

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I have it on both PS4 and Steam. I don't mind buying the DLC again, but I cannot realistically go through the grind again.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited June 2019

@JawsIsTheNextKiller I'm always nervous thinking that the PS4 version will die off someday soon.

I really hope that doesn't happen until Cross Play exists. I do not want to P3 50 everything again. (Besides huntress/hag i don't have them yet)

I just couldn't do it either. I'd be forced out :(

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited June 2019

Cross play should never ever happen in this game it wouldn't be fair for someone on console to face a pc killer it would be like feeding sheep to wolves and the same with console killers vs pc survivors.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@Bbbrian2013 - Ps5 will be backwards compatible and Playstation will probably remain the second most popular platform due to it being released free quite early and a smaller player base on other platforms.

Console tends to be played on a comfortable sofa in front of a large screen wheras PC players often sit in an office chair squinting their eyes on a tiny screen, so there are still benefits to make up for the lesser frame rates.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,159

Crossplay between like Xbox One and PS4 would be fine, but crossplay between consoles and PC might be too unbalanced. What I really want is just to have one DbD profile that is shared across all platforms. Buying the game again is fine, but the grind is ridiculous, and I'll never make the switch from PS4 to PC if I have to re-purchase all the DLC. That's just too much.

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

Idk, I think it would be fine considering that this game isn't really competitive, and the player base on consoles isn't huge, so to make up for this they make you play cross region, which makes the timing of sensitive perks nearly impossible. If they made it cross platform they could region lock it again making that stop on console (which happens cross region 1/3 games). I play console exclusively and would much rather play a game with sweaty ass survivor and killers on pc that have to deal with unplayable lag in cross region matches.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

I feel the same way. I just switched to PC since I can't really play DBD on PS4 anymore. Starting from nothing is awful. All I want is to retain my progress, buying the DLC again is something I can deal with.

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68

Hey Warframe does it if ur on one platform get ready to start allllll over

• Emn
    Emn Member Posts: 1

I think they should allow cross platform profiles, even if there is no cross platform play. Because some people, like me, have the game on PC, with almost all DLCs and with loads of high level killers and survivors and some auric cells, but because me computer isn't that good (I get low frames and not good but not bad ping), I bought the game on XBOX and now I bought the Ghostface DLC on there and it would be nice to be able to have all my PC progress on my XBOX so I can actually play it.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250

Maybe not cross-platform play, but I could definitely get behind a cross-platform profile which retains all your progress... The grind is just too much past a point.