Ghostface is weak at high rank.

Options

Now I find this killer to be a lot of fun! But I really...REALLY wish we can have more viable killers in the red ranks :/

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,627
    Options

Alright here. Ghost Face is incredibly weak at high ranks. It doesn't take a genius to see that.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

what do you think happens at high ranks

do you think it's full of amazing players and coordinated swf teams

• Spectro
    Spectro Member Posts: 42
    Options

That's the problem though. As per the Steam achievement stats, only 10% of survivors have ever gone past rank 10. And only 5% of all killers have.

I'm sorry to say this but red ranks account for maybe 1-2% of all players and making a killer good at red ranks will make the experience worse for the other 98-99% which makes no sense at all.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

That's typical of a Loopy Looper, can't loop them, they break the game!

• miaasma
    Options

i can't wait to check out your amazing dbd builds on your youtube channel

• miaasma
    Options

wrong, as usual, i play killer a lot

i love this tendency that people on this forum use wherein instead of actually considering why somebody thinks something relating to killers they just assume that they're a survivor main. it actually makes all of you look really bad to anyone not residing in your echo chamber

i never said all killers were equally viable at rank 1, i just said that every killer can be played at rank 1. some killers like nurse and spirit don't really need addons to do well, and billy does fine unless you're against a very strong group, but other lower tier killers do need addons in order to compete

my main killer is wraith and i manage to pip pretty regularly without employing "cheap tactics" so you might not actually be as good at the game as you think you are if you think playing in red ranks with lower tier killers is such an ordeal. a lot of people manage just fine

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited June 2019
    Options

First you dont know him too much ppl play different killers playing the same killer over and over again its boring blueberry could be a spirit main but he/she tried the new killer and so alot of ppl to know if hes good or not and ghostface state hes super weak middle tier and only can be played by green to purple ranks but above you cannot play as him since survivors are too toxic now this days

• miaasma
    Options

yeah that's about what i thought you'd say

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    Options

That's like saying the only survivor you play is Claudette and why don't you play Retro Jake and see how your stealth works out? Lmao xD

• miaasma
    edited June 2019
    Options

pretending to know how i play survivor based on a forum portrait, a true classic from the members of this forum

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

M1 Killer whom's power can be completely countered by survivors.. It's not red rank material.

• Didiez
    Didiez Member Posts: 51
    Options

One thing that this game is not good at is ranks for killer. If you want to rank up, use top tier killers. Now if you just want to have fun, don't really care about the rank man. You will have a much headache with it

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I mean, you seem to know perfectly that someone plays only one Killer based on only a couple of isolated games. That doesn't seem much better.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

He's weak against good survivors because he's SLOW! He needs time to hide and even then good survivors reveal you and then you are a normal m1 killer. Myers is actually better because he can stalk whenever he wants to.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,460
    Options

Let me fix that for you:

"Most of killers are weak on hight ranks."

Here you go.

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183
    Options

Nobody cares.

Joke.

Just devs.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    edited June 2019
    Options

miasma literally said they have played against blueberry multiple times

also miasama, why do u bother lmfao

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited June 2019
    Options

When people going to realise that no killer has gen pressure? Except Omegablink nurse.

Your goal as the killer is to put pressure on survivors not at gens eliminate them as fast as you can and basically any killer is able to achieve it. If you going to chase one survivor -> hook him and start chase another one -> repeat you will get genrushed no matter what get it already!

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

The devs don’t have the balls to create a viable killer and keep them that way. Someone found their balls to get Spirit buffed but before and since, we’re getting mid tier killers that are then nerfed to #########, because survivor tears on release day. Come the ######### on devs, sac up & stop ruining potentially decent killers with pointless nerfs their first week out.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited June 2019
    Options

They do have a problem with making any licensed killers highly viable at red ranks and that is the pay only situation.

If they do then it borders on the p2w aspect which many gamers hate in any game.

This is unfortunately the reality of why the licensed killers have never been designed in a way to be on par with Nurse or Billy and I dont see that changing.

You can always do well with them in matches if you know them inside out but there will be matches where you will be left frustrated as you feel like there was nothing you could do.

They were doing well with original killers up until Legion but now the mindset is power bars and having survivors semi in control of powers.

I wish they would go back to simpler more useful powers instead which are yours to control when and where you use it.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Most killers struggle in high ranks, that's nothing new.

But it doesn't mean you can't play lower tier killers in high ranks. For the most part, you can do reasonably well with most killers provided you play optimally.

• miaasma
    Options

i judged him based on personal in game experience, i even said as much in an earlier post

such a good bunch of readers in this thread

• miaasma
    Options

nobody has time for your 0 counterplay addons

spirit has no problem with good groups of players provided they don't tunnel aggressively and get dsed 3 times

we love spirit mains

@artist this is so entertaining to me tbh

• miaasma
    edited June 2019
    Options

yes it does? personal experience vs forum avatar

such a group of geniuses i am dealing with lol

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Not when the personal experience only amounts to "a few games."

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

@Blueberry

If you have semi decent ears you can literally hear her very loud footsteps

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    edited June 2019
    Options

That's just not true unless you're painting red rank survivors with broad strokes and taking skill out of the equation. It's ignoring the basic math involved in this game and ignoring the travel speed of Nurse/Spirit/Billy/Hag relative to everyone else. There are simply games that you will win with the Big 3 that the same player can't win as Doctor against the same survivors. Whether that means Nurse and Spirit break the game or whether Doctor isn't viable at a high level comes down to one's own bias and how they justify the amount of safe loops and pallets. But one can't ignore the basic math involved in an 80 second generator repair, one killer taking 15 seconds to patrol, and another taking 5 seconds to patrol. I mean sure, a 10 lb hammer and a rubber mallet can both viably hammer a nail, but who is using the rubber mallet?

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Options

In my experience you should better play hag with MYC at those ranks than Ghostface (or any high mobility killer) you get more from the exposed status from the perks then Ghostface's actual power. Sadly but true.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Options

is that what u consider counterplay? being able react to something that is only 3 footsteps away?

you just need a decent headset to be good with spirit, and you'll have a huge advantage every chase because you have telltales of where the survivor is (sound, scratch marks, collision) while the survivor has none. she's not hard to understand

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Firstly Prayer Beads has no reliable counterplay whatsoever and should be gutted. That shouldn't even be a debate. Even some Spirit mains agree, the reasonable ones at least.

Secondly, arguably every killer CAN perform if you pick the most OP add-ons (except for like Bubba). However, that's not good balance. Base killers should be viable at high ranks, just like survivors don't need items to remain competitive.

That's all.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,627
    Options

I agree with the Prayer Beads. They need to be looked at or swap places with the Glasses. You will almost certainly safety or de-pip if you play most killers at high ranks, even with pink add ons. But I do agree, every killer should at least be somewhat viable at high ranks.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Honestly, I find Ghostface very viable. I don't have the best perks since I just p3 him but with purple and sometimes pink addons he's pretty scary. I still feel that the detection range is a bit wonkey since I still get pulled from stealth behind walls, but for the most part he's pretty ok. I'm at rank 3 btw.