Defending Hooks VS Camping Hooks

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums but have been playing DBD for about a year and started streaming it on twitch the past month or so now. I play almost always survivors but did a killer stream for the first time and first game had a SWF team I could tell were gonna try to make my inexperienced life hell with flashlights etc (Lightborn was a good choice)

Several times in the game below, I'd hook someone and most (if not all) or the survivors would swarm the hook to rescue, try bait me away, flashlight my grabs but when I didn't fall for any of it and dared them to try unhook, I was berated in the end game chat for camping the hooks. There's division on my channel about this all so I wanted to ask here, is it really camping if all the survivors are trying to rescue and is it bad of the killer? If I was them, I would have changed strategy but they never did so who's making the mistake here?

Many thanks all!

Comments

• BlackShadow993
    BlackShadow993 Member Posts: 7

The survivors are using so many resources for the rescue, there's no gens being done so it all works for the killer right? I do want to ask though what is the best thing to do if I was not a killer with instadowns in that sort of situation? It's hard to stop unhooks so do you just keep chasing the survivors who was hooked?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,243
    edited June 2019

Just keep hitting people and anticipate Borrowed Time. You can count to 15 and then hit the person who was just unhooked to avoid Borrowed Time. Even if one gets away, making them trade hooks for hooks is inefficient for them.

• nan1234
    nan1234 Member Posts: 131

If I were you, I would try to hit the rescuer, and then chase them ( and not the unhooked one). It puts pressure on the survivors, as only two of them can work on a gen safely( the injured one might resort to healing himself, and the one you currently chasing can’t repair of course). If the whole squad is near the hook, just try to hit as many survivors as you can, you gain considerable momentum out of It.

• BlackShadow993

And on top of it if borrowed time is running, it basically negates that perk? Just not losing focus of defending the hook as long as possible. And if they keep dogpiling hooks, it's making the game go longer and longer which is usually good for the killer...

• BlackShadow993

Good shout, grabbing off hook rescues is something I forget about a bit, even as a survivor lol. Like the idea, will try to implement that.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

I'd just like to add that survivor's post-game bleatings are not to be taken any notice of, play in a way that's effective for you, not them.

GG BTW, there's no way I could chat and play at the same time.

• BlackShadow993

Honestly never used STBFL before but with all the hits going off, sounds a good idea too.

• Mänzel
    Mänzel Member Posts: 73

Depends on your killer. Was the unhooking inside your terror radius? If not, then down the guy just hooked and chase the rescuer.

Slig the guy from the hook for 1 min, so you don't have problems with DS. Best case is you get both...

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Camping is not bad, it is only bad for you when the survivors are not brain dead and actually do generators and escape leaving their friend to die alone (that's their best course of action). Camp without remorse, leave the empathy to the survivors

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Best course of action is to let the camped survivor stay on the hook for as long as possible but rescue them before they die then have another survivor who hasn't been hooked bait the killer into attacking and hooking them. That way the timer starts over and you still have three survivors working on gens.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    edited June 2019

@Steve0333 If I get outplayed like that, I just chase and hook the one that just got rescued.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Camping is given a bad name only by Survivors who want easy unhooks.

Camping is completely "legal" and is at times the best strategy to take.

• PwnyFish
    PwnyFish Member Posts: 70

Not to be insulting, but this is top notch terrible gameplay.. Ofcourse you dont leave the hook if they are swarming it, but you didnt even try to chase another guy?? You dont need to defend hooks as a killer, you need to defend your gens.

And I dont see how they tried to make your life hell.. They had some flashlights and tried to safe their teammates with it, obviously? There is nothing toxic about that.

You got the last down because of noed and snowballed some kills off the survivors stupidity..

This game could have easily been a 0 kill game, if the survivors were more competent.

Again as a tip, you want to defend your gens, not the hooks.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

To most survivors, any thing less then going into the furthest corner of the map so they get a free unhook is camping. Ignore dis and you do you ^.^ Play how you want, your not the dungion master and its not a table top game, its a pvp game. Use what tactics are fun for you and ignore the salt.. which will come no matter what.