How to take GhostFace out of power 101

Step one: See GhostFace a mile away....cause you know, stealthy

Step two: Go to a fence or box

Step three: Hide behind said fence or box

Step four: Make half of your middle center screen above said fence or box and look at him because he can't see you, but you can see him for odd reasons

Step five: Take him out of power and make him confused and/or DC

Cause you know......"4% isn't that big of a different and we just wanted it to be "Consistent"" pfff k

Comments

• Riddick
    Riddick Member Posts: 121

Not to be mean, but the issue on step 1 is either bad map design or bad method to approach a survivor. Unrelated with how big the detection screen is.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2019

It is extremely irritating and unbalanced feeling that survivors can knock GF out of his Night Shroud mode by ducking behind a chest high object, and use the third person camera to view him without ever presenting a target for him to stalk back. In other words, survivors have a way of negating his power with 0 risk, and no real counter-play options from him. If the in-game characters themselves can't see over/through the object, then the ability to detect him should be likewise obstructed. The way I see it, this could be fixed by having the characters emit an invisible pointer from their head/eye level (Kinda like how the flashlights work, but invisible to the player), and if the pointer gets obstructed by objects that are between them and GF, then detection doesn't trigger. Although this will narrow their ability to detect him at close range, a good compromise would be to make it so that the closer they are to him, the faster the detection rate is if they have him targeted.

This would probably be a better alternative to how he is detected than the current way which is entirely based on either a cone or rectangular area down the middle of the screen starting at the base of the camera. I figure it's a cone due to the fact that the closer GF is to survivors, the more difficult he seems to be able to detect. Much like how players bum rush Doctor and get as close as they can so his shock attack has much lower chance of hitting them due to the lower area of effect it has up close. If it is a Cone, that would mean that the top of the screen has a wider area of detection than the middle or the base, which is again most likely since all you have to do to detect GF from behind cover is lower your angle of vision putting him closer to the top of the screen. With my suggestion above, the detection would be less of a camera trick and more of an in-world effect that is affected by proximity and objects.

Think of it like the killers red stain, only more narrow, better affected by walls and objects (seriously the red stain is STILL visible through most walls, and this problem was only briefly fixed I think the patch after the clown came out, but got broken again sometime after Legion and the Engine update), emitted from the survivors heads, Invisible, and has a maximum 32 meter range. Being that it would only need to be active in matches against GF, it shouldn't be too taxing on the game, but I'm not a programmer, so i'm probably just speculating about crap I know nothing about. However, wouldn't that make the detection mechanic better overall?

Afterthought: Another (possibly easier) alternative would be for the Devs to simply invert the detection cone. This makes him more difficult to detect at further range, and easier at close range, but more importantly, it means that lowering your angle of view to detect him over objects narrows the effective detection area, and makes it more difficult to accomplish. Survivors would still be able to do it, but the increased difficulty of it might make things more balanced feeling, and it would address the issue of survivors having a harder time detecting him the closer he is to them.

Post edited by TWiXT on
  • Sentry
    Sentry Member Posts: 124

On certain objects u can spam crouch like the auto haven wrecker cars u can spam crouch while stalking which allows u to stalk them.