Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

i was wrong.

i am now a rank 14 killer but i had to give up.  i probably will turn back once again.  why?  

have a look.

Comments

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Dam you tell him
  • Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

just don't talk to people in DBD I think that's the best way to go.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    edited July 2018
    no matter how bad i want to play "fair", swf makes it impossible.  the person i spoke to was a rank 7.  i have the video but it wasn't that interesting.  i tunneled the weakest link and then camped while they freaked out making all kinds of noise.  i safety pipped.  whatever.  i had literally just taken bamboozle off the clown and put on unnerving presence.  the rank 7 literally went from one circle opportunity to the next.  i can't imagine consistently playing these types.  i would have never played this long.  playing "fair" only earned me the teabag show and the necessity of watching it or they wouldn't leave.  is this not an issue any more or are the lunatics truly running the asylum?
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Cypraz said:

just don't talk to people in DBD I think that's the best way to go.

lol, i think you're right.
  • Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

I don't get why people complain so much about SWF. I love it. They're overly altruistic, making for easy points on my end. Plus, you're rank 14. You've seen nothing.

• EpicFailTryHard
    i am rank 14 and playing rank 2-7.  is that somehow different?  
  • EpicFailTryHard
    i don't like camping but some are thrilled at the notion.  i can sit and stare without a videogame.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Zixology said:

Plus, you're rank 14. You've seen nothing.

Rank means nothing in this game as long as people can purposefully derank and have their friends boost them. It’s just a number.
  • deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

i got wrecked by a swf team yesterday. couldn't catch a break. 1 ds, 1 pallet save and 3 flashlight saves.... they got all the gens and were opening the exit when i chainsawed meg. they teamed up and body blocked the hook on the hill. because i never had a chance to actually carry one of them, they were unaware i had both Iron Grasp and Agitation.... i gave all of them a smack and hooked meg. while they scattered of to self care and rally up, it became obvious i Nurses Calling as i put the drop on kate. now she and meg both are hooked and the only open door is all the way across the map. david makes a run to open the closer door and gets a smack. now hes down and ming mong charges the hook while david is on my shoulders. i smacked her and she goes for the rescue. now kate is off and i smack ming mong down and hang david. i pick up ming mong and head for meg on the hill. meg is about to die as i down kate and then drop off the hill to hang ming mong. i come back and get kate and kill her too.... they were very unhappy and i was over the moon because they were horribly rude ppl....

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    another day, another thread by the same bad killer begging for attention.

i hope someone comes down to the basement to give you a hug soon.
  • ShesArebel88
    ShesArebel88 Member Posts: 234

@EpicFailTryHard
    matchmaking needs to be reworked! I understand the notion that challenge helps build skill but there's a limit! having people talk sh1t post game just puts a the cherry on top of the sh1t cake! 🍰Smh, funny how a game rated M has some of the most immature individuals playing it!

• Doc
    Doc Member Posts: 94

It gets better, trust me. Also leatherface is just a really tough killer when you don't have good add ons. Don't let it get to you.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Don’t worry too much about it Epic. The game is literally rigged against you. Even if you don’t deal with DS Flashlights, and all that. I had a match today as Clown at Rank 1. I don’t have Ruin on Clown yet, the match from start to finish lasted 4 minutes 22 seconds. 4 man SWF, no BNP, no toolboxes.

They all had Leader perk, it took me 40 seconds to find the first Survivor, chase lasted 20 seconds, then hooked and BBQ to the next, took 20 seconds to get to the Survivor, same thing. Did this every time. No chase lasted more than 25 seconds. 

If Survivors Gen Rush hardcore and optimize Gens, there is very little you can do. Even if you are Nurse, even she struggles with that. That’s with the long range Blink add ons that I use for maximum map pressure. Add in DS, flashlights, ect. You get the picture. The developers need to do something about how fast and easy Gens are to repair. Killers are just on way too hardcore of a time restraint. 
  • Lowbei
    Don’t worry too much about it Epic. The game is literally rigged against you. Even if you don’t deal with DS Flashlights, and all that. I had a match today as Clown at Rank 1. I don’t have Ruin on Clown yet, the match from start to finish lasted 4 minutes 22 seconds. 4 man SWF, no BNP, no toolboxes.

They all had Leader perk, it took me 40 seconds to find the first Survivor, chase lasted 20 seconds, then hooked and BBQ to the next, took 20 seconds to get to the Survivor, same thing. Did this every time. No chase lasted more than 25 seconds. 

If Survivors Gen Rush hardcore and optimize Gens, there is very little you can do. Even if you are Nurse, even she struggles with that. That’s with the long range Blink add ons that I use for maximum map pressure. Add in DS, flashlights, ect. You get the picture. The developers need to do something about how fast and easy Gens are to repair. Killers are just on way too hardcore of a time restraint. 
    lol no, you just played badly and got rekt.

i think its adorable that you two have bonded over your failures.
  • RagDollps4
    RagDollps4 Member Posts: 40
    Removing survive with friends would do nothing but kill the game, or at the very least lead to very long waits. People play because they want to do so with their friends just because the game doesn't have a built in system to talk to one another doesn't mean that it hinders a killer. I can play with nothing but survive with friends on high ranks and never have a chance. I'm a survivor main and do not think my win should be given to me so why should the killers. Let us enjoy having someone to talk to while we deal with the misery killers bring us, you want to stop being so overwhelmed leave when you see it...it isn't that hard to tell when someone loads in together. Yes it's annoying and it sucks but compromises must be used so everyone can have fun or at the very least so the devs can keep making money. Yeah can survivors be toxic has hell yes but that's everyone. The change is coming where ds is useless give it a little while and so will flash lights. I think their already broken as it is I can stun a killer get the points and he drops nothing.
  • SovererignKing
    Lowbei said:

Sure, whatever you say dude. You would know, you were there and saw the whole thing. Dumbass.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei said:

Sure, whatever you say dude. You would know, you were there and saw the whole thing. Dumbass.
    dont git salty. git gud.

• Daniel101773
    Daniel101773 Member Posts: 277
    i am now a rank 14 killer but i had to give up.  i probably will turn back once again.  why?  

have a look.

My friend, YOU are the killer, play however YOU want, it’s your job to kill, it’s not your job to let all 4 survivors escape and have a ‘fun game’ (fun game probably being a game where all 4 pallet loop the whole game and then escape GGEZ) just have fun, if you want to tunnel and camp people, go for it man. If you’d rather hunt do various people and just let the game play out, you can do that too. Do whatever makes YOU have a good game, no honor code, no made up fake rules, just a game. :) 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Yes! Because on rank 14 you get occasionally a high rank survivor. Who knows how he can ruin your game. But on higher ranks, all 4 survivors will know how to ruin your game. Switching targets rarely helps, because all run to the same loop spots. On high ranks you are forced to take ruin. Just to slow the game down for some extra seconds. If you don't use ruin, 3 gens get done, before you hook the first guy.
  • Cardinal_Copia
    Cardinal_Copia Member Posts: 139
    The solution for me: Don't talk to the other kids. 
    I'm having a good time. 
  • Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

@Lowbei said:

I'm informing you that naming and shaming is against the rules in this forum. Also, as you did not witness the match so you are not anywhere near the position to make such a bold statement.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@EpicFailTryHard said:

have a look.

I have a feeling that the PC aftergame toxicity is neglectable compared to the PSN app toxicity now. Seems like that PSN app is getting really popular :lol:

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited July 2018

Takes a big man to admit you were wrong. I hope you understand now that when Killers complain, there's usually a reason for it, and that what Survivors call "playing fair" is usually the least optimal playstyle possible.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    no matter how bad i want to play "fair", swf makes it impossible.  the person i spoke to was a rank 7.  i have the video but it wasn't that interesting.  i tunneled the weakest link and then camped while they freaked out making all kinds of noise.  i safety pipped.  whatever.  i had literally just taken bamboozle off the clown and put on unnerving presence.  the rank 7 literally went from one circle opportunity to the next.  i can't imagine consistently playing these types.  i would have never played this long.  playing "fair" only earned me the teabag show and the necessity of watching it or they wouldn't leave.  is this not an issue any more or are the lunatics truly running the asylum?

You are a killer, would a serial killer IRL be fair with his victims? Doubt that.....
    Play as unfair as you want to be, survivors dont care about your fun, so you dont need to care about theirs either

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

@Master said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

You are a killer, would a serial killer IRL be fair with his victims? Doubt that.....
    Play as unfair as you want to be, survivors dont care about your fun, so you dont need to care about theirs either

True!

• Lowbei
    Snapshot said:

@Lowbei said:

I'm informing you that naming and shaming is against the rules in this forum. Also, as you did not witness the match so you are not anywhere near the position to make such a bold statement.

who is naming and shaming? i dont think you know what that means lol
  • EpicFailTryHard

i got wrecked by a swf team yesterday. couldn't catch a break. 1 ds, 1 pallet save and 3 flashlight saves.... they got all the gens and were opening the exit when i chainsawed meg. they teamed up and body blocked the hook on the hill. because i never had a chance to actually carry one of them, they were unaware i had both Iron Grasp and Agitation.... i gave all of them a smack and hooked meg. while they scattered of to self care and rally up, it became obvious i Nurses Calling as i put the drop on kate. now she and meg both are hooked and the only open door is all the way across the map. david makes a run to open the closer door and gets a smack. now hes down and ming mong charges the hook while david is on my shoulders. i smacked her and she goes for the rescue. now kate is off and i smack ming mong down and hang david. i pick up ming mong and head for meg on the hill. meg is about to die as i down kate and then drop off the hill to hang ming mong. i come back and get kate and kill her too.... they were very unhappy and i was over the moon because they were horribly rude ppl....

lmao.  that is a delightful read.  i do have videos of that, it just seems that more often they get away.  those can be fun though, i suppose.  all the chaos

• EpicFailTryHard
    Lowbei said:

lmao, i have played chatland for a long time and i have seldom seen one so delighted by what he perceives (key word-"perceives") to be suffering.  golly gee, i wonder what type of things such could allude to?
  • Lowbei
    edited July 2018
    Lowbei said:

lmao, i have played chatland for a long time and i have seldom seen one so delighted by what he perceives (key word-"perceives") to be suffering.  golly gee, i wonder what type of things such could allude to?
    lol dont pull your victim card, you arent suffering. i just laugh at people when they type stupid things, like you do often, which gets you people salty.

stop typing stupid things and people will stop laughing.
  • EpicFailTryHard

@EpicFailTryHard
    matchmaking needs to be reworked! I understand the notion that challenge helps build skill but there's a limit! having people talk sh1t post game just puts a the cherry on top of the sh1t cake! 🍰Smh, funny how a game rated M has some of the most immature individuals playing it!

lmao, you are quite correct, sir.  i don't mind playing higher ranks even.  i just can't stand the trolling facilitated by microphones. 
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Doc said:

It gets better, trust me. Also leatherface is just a really tough killer when you don't have good add ons. Don't let it get to you.

thank you. sir.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Oddly enough its often the people who play killer who show the most empathy towards people.

• EpicFailTryHard

totally agreed.  thank you, sir.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Removing survive with friends would do nothing but kill the game, or at the very least lead to very long waits. People play because they want to do so with their friends just because the game doesn't have a built in system to talk to one another doesn't mean that it hinders a killer. I can play with nothing but survive with friends on high ranks and never have a chance. I'm a survivor main and do not think my win should be given to me so why should the killers. Let us enjoy having someone to talk to while we deal with the misery killers bring us, you want to stop being so overwhelmed leave when you see it...it isn't that hard to tell when someone loads in together. Yes it's annoying and it sucks but compromises must be used so everyone can have fun or at the very least so the devs can keep making money. Yeah can survivors be toxic has hell yes but that's everyone. The change is coming where ds is useless give it a little while and so will flash lights. I think their already broken as it is I can stun a killer get the points and he drops nothing.

the survivor nerfs are harming the solo survivors when the real issue is swf.  swf easily provides what 10 perks could do.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Snapshot said:

@Lowbei said:

lol, thank you but i enjoy the banter honestly.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Lowbei said:

zactly.  dude has so many issues that he has the subscription.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    edited July 2018
    Tsulan said:
    Yes! Because on rank 14 you get occasionally a high rank survivor. Who knows how he can ruin your game. But on higher ranks, all 4 survivors will know how to ruin your game. Switching targets rarely helps, because all run to the same loop spots. On high ranks you are forced to take ruin. Just to slow the game down for some extra seconds. If you don't use ruin, 3 gens get done, before you hook the first guy.

the trolling bothered me the most.  i grow weary of playing with ######### and the mics make it so much easier.

the others, for whatever rank they were...were no slouches.
  • AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Tsulan said:

EpicFailTryHard said:

the trolling bothered me the most.  i grow weary of playing with ######### and the mics make it so much easier.

People are capable of trolling without mics though. You act like no mics would stop this. Someone can try and ruin your day by running empathy and a flashlight. Does that make them an #########? Yeah. Does it suck? Also yeah. I've felt your pain before, and playing as leatherface is a pretty significant reason why you experience this a lot unfortunately. I used to main him too but Billy and Nurse offer a ton of punishes for the trolls and tryhards alike and counter looping (moreso Nurse, but whatever).

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@ShesArebel88 said:
    @EpicFailTryHard

Its crazy isn't it :(

• Lowbei
    edited July 2018

@ShesArebel88 said:
    @EpicFailTryHard

Its crazy isn't it :(

honestly i think the matchmaking gets blamed for swf groups having a big rank difference that it doesnt know what to do with.

if you have two rank1 survivors and two rank10s, do you que them with a rank1 killer and have half of them get crushed, or que them with a rank10 killer and let the killer get crushed?

and no, i dont think a rank5 killer is the answer to that either. the rank1s would slaughter it.
  • SovererignKing

Oddly enough its often the people who play killer who show the most empathy towards people.

Extremely odd, but very true. Probably because Killers have never really been in the power role position. Infinite’s, Looping, Crutch Meta. We don’t really get to bully Survivors after around Rank 10. Even then, we don’t really have a way to bully Survivors. We just kill them. It’s our job, literally we are supposed to victimize Survivors, so “bullying” is what we’re supposed to do, I guess? 
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Master said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:

that is my point though.  retaliating and wrecking someone elae's fun isn't fun for me.  i have no choice but to opt out of high rank gameplay.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Orion said:

Takes a big man to admit you were wrong. I hope you understand now that when Killers complain, there's usually a reason for it, and that what Survivors call "playing fair" is usually the least optimal playstyle possible.

precisely.  i really do understand now but i still think camping/tunneling should be a reaction and not something automatically used.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Lowbei said:
    Lowbei said:

lol dont pull your victim card, you arent suffering. i just laugh at people when they type stupid things, like you do often, which gets you people salty.

stop typing stupid things and people will stop laughing.

i would have this no other way.
  • EpicFailTryHard

lmao.  omg, right?  what is that all about?  the biggest trolls gravitate towards using claudette as well.  the "queen of empathy".
  • Lowbei

lmao.  omg, right?  what is that all about?  the biggest trolls gravitate towards using claudette as well.  the "queen of empathy".
    so now people are trolls for using claudette?

you have to be the saltiest bad killer ive ever seen. bravo.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    AsePlayer said:

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    Tsulan said:

EpicFailTryHard said:

People are capable of trolling without mics though. You act like no mics would stop this. Someone can try and ruin your day by running empathy and a flashlight. Does that make them an #########? Yeah. Does it suck? Also yeah. I've felt your pain before, and playing as leatherface is a pretty significant reason why you experience this a lot unfortunately. I used to main him too but Billy and Nurse offer a ton of punishes for the trolls and tryhards alike and counter looping (moreso Nurse, but whatever).

yes but mics facilitate such.  object of obsession? got it without the consequences, bond or empathy?  don't need it.  self-care?  don't need it.  sprint burst or lithe?  don't need it.  the team of flaahlight/hook blockers ensure an escape. kindred, spine chill, premonition?  not needed. 

opens up the ability for other perks, yes?
  • EpicFailTryHard
    Lowbei said:

so now people are trolls for using claudette?

you have to be the saltiest bad killer ive ever seen. bravo.

reading+comprehension=intellectual understanding.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    Now imagine how bad it is at rank 1 if you think it’s bad there. Many more survivors should try and play killer to understand why they do the things they do. If you play by survivor rules you lose and they’re gonna tbag you any way.