Mettle of Man: 3 safe rescues, instead of 3 protection hits

Entità
Entità Member Posts: 1,583

Losing on purpose three health states to gain one it would perhaps make sense if the sabotage route were still viable. At present, it seems as stupid as buying an apple for the price of three apples. Moreover, we all know protection hits are somehow bugged.

The ideal solution would be to replace the 3 protection hits with 3 safe rescues from the hook. Considering that the useful hooks are, at most, 8 (the third hook of each survivor does not allow any rescue), only two survivors out of four could activate Mettle of Man, and the extra health state would be a fair reward for the rescues, which, especially in the end, are high-risk altruistic activities.

Comments

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

I like the idea of it being like a jack of all trades type reward where maybe you need to do 4 different things to get it activated. So for example...1 safe rescue, 1 protection hit, repair one generator, and something else...you get the idea. I think it would make it fun to try and get it activated that way. Obviously you don’t want to make it super simple to achieve, but just a thought

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Well I do agree they need to be an extra condition a safe hook rescue is a really easy to abuse.

If you've ever been the victim of borrowed time farming you know exactly what I mean.

As I've stated in previous threads I feel like killer grasp rescue should count towards it so flashlight saves, pallet saves and Locker saves will gain more benefits and it's not as easy to abuse.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2019

While it probably needs a change, three safe hook rescues I am opposed and I do not use MoM. Reason being MoM users rushing the hook to get saves and competing with WGLF and Deliverance. I do not want to play with more hook hogs.

I do not have an idea on what else that condition could be, but I know I do not want safe unhooks to be one.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

The only way to fix MoM is most likely to give it a full rework :/ it just doesn't work 3 safe unhooks you deal with farming. 3 protection hits hurts your team more than it helps it plus inconsistent. Best thing to do right now is just move on from MoM it was to OP so it needed nerf now it's trash and there are plenty of other perks out there. @Darktrix nice job on 666 posts btw.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Wouldn't that just worsen it?

With the current way it work multiple survivor can get tokens during the time it get the killer to get a single hook, with this new system you not only limite drasticly the number of time MoM will be usable during a trial you'll also put every survivor that run it in a competitionn to get the tokens

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

No, Safe Hook Rescues are way too easy too pull off. It would make MoM into another game breaking perk since M1 killer's would get screwed. Even if 2 people only could get it, it doesn't change the fact it would be 2 survivors with 3 health states in one chase. MoM is fine as it, the only problem with it is that Protection hits are wonky since their are 2 protection scores.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

MOM should be 2 protection hits, and they need to fix how protection hits are calculated by the game.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Safe Unhooks were removed from the PTB because it was too easy to gain the necessary stacks.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

This would be too easy. The point of the nerf is to prevent multiple sue from easily using it without them also wasting a lot of time.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

The perk is in the right spot. Some of you guys just want an easy way out. MoM should‘ve never been added to the game

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Safe hook rescues aren't really that hard. Just get in the Killer's face for 10 seconds. It’d break the perk for M1 Killers again.

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2019

I think protection hits and/or escaping the killer should add MoM charges. Once a survivor has been in a chase for X amount of time (lets say 6 seconds or so) and then breaks chase, the perk would gain a charge. This incentivizes survivors running the perk to not only protect other survivors but encourages them to attempt to draw the killer's attention, further playing into the role of protector. It awards skilled play as you have to actually successfully escape the killer to charge the perk, so simply running the killer around for a long time without ever breaking chase does nothing. You also have to be the one actively being chased, so simply running near a killer that's chasing another survivor to activate a 'quick chase' doesn't actively charge the perk.

At that point it's just a number tweak. If escaping the killer makes charging the perk too easy, a simple number adjustment is all it would need. That being said, I think the 3 tokens* it requires now should be sufficient. Just my 2 cents.