Freddy's aura reading change

Options
2»

Comments

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216
    Options

@LordGlint

Could be. The devs didn’t really give to much info on survivors falling asleep so we will have to wait and see in that. 

Still, you don’t want to be asleep and then trigger a trap during chase. Unless of course it’s like a clown bottle in which case it basically didn’t do anything anyway.

We will have to see what they actually end up doing. Though passively falling asleep only when Freddy is nearby sounds significantly worse than what Freddy is right now. 

Based on how the devs have been handing balance lately, I really don’t feel to good about the Freddy rework coming up.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,030
    Options

@wisdom his traps are affective during chase, sure... But that's just it. If your awake when chase starts, you get slept and then deal with traps. Imagine if clown had a magic clock on the map that survivors outside chase could use so clown bottles didn't affect them while clown wasn't even chasing them... It would be completely pointless... That's what THIS is.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

I just hope he doesn't end up in the same boat as Plague where people don't give a damn about waking up because there aren't any meaningful penalties

• BembridgeScholars
    BembridgeScholars Member Posts: 68
    Options

wait what they removed it entirely? isnt that wat his main power was to see people when in the dream world? i honestly dont even know what kinda killer there tryig to turn him into .sad.

• wisdom
    wisdom Member Posts: 216
    Options

@LordGlint

You keep saying if you are awake Freddy will just sleep you again.

From what the devs said during their reveal, that doesn’t sound at all like something that can happen. The sleep is passive. Global or not, Freddy cannot “sleep” survivors. If you are awake when Freddy starts chase, the only way to

Go back to sleep is to passively go back to sleep, which takes however long it takes.

And while you are awake, dream snares do not affect you. 

But again I am in no way saying that I think that Freddy’s power (from what we have heard so far) is good. I am simply saying that Freddy being able to see people in the dream, if it sleeps people globally and passively, would be too strong.

If you are correct and it is an aura sleep, it wouldn’t be to strong, but then Freddy would still be the worst killer in the game without question. 

“Hey let’s make a killer who can set up traps that only slow survivors, and only if he has been around them for X seconds and don’t wake up” 

The devs made it sound like a global passive sleep, which is what I am working with since it doesn’t make any sense to replace a 7 second sleep cycle when you are near someone with a passive sleep cycle when you are near someone.

• LordGlint
    Options

@wisdom the only advantages I see is faster travel time across map with teleporting, and not being forced to watch someone complete an objective in front of you. We'll see what the sleep does though. Doesn't seem to have a point to wake up if it's global sleep. You'll just fall right back asleep. Well see... Original point of the post though wasn't about balance, but their reasoning.

• LordGlint
    Options

@wisdom maybe a Dev will offer more details here. Otherwise, I'd love to continue this conversation after the rework comes out.

• LordGlint
    Options

@DudeDelicious Im guessing itll probably be a fairly decent CD, with addon options of course to shorten it. Its something you could combo with BBQ to get to your next chase quickly. Also, while it would be cool to be able to use it MID chase, like by teleporting to a gen infront of the survivor your chasing, your options to do anything cool like this get reduced for every gen completed.

• LordGlint
    Options

@DudeDelicious Im ASSUMING since...ya know...Gen auras. You gotta aim at something.

• LordGlint
    Options

@DudeDelicious as long as you can hop between them quickly with a short CD. Then something like surveillance would be nice.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

I think, based on BVHR's record of recent killers, as much as we'd like Freddy to be awesome, he's probably going to be another mid tier disappointment. God I hope I'm wrong, but these developers don't really know what it takes to design a strong killer. At best, they've fluked with the few they have that can do well at all levels of play.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,099
    Options
  • BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

I heard this too and just sighed. One of his greatest assets is his tracking in the Dream World, and he is now going too loose it because rank 20's don't know what his power is. Another sign that the devs don't have a clue as too what they are doing. Really hope the rework doesn't make freddy worse, but we have too wait and see.