Open letter / Feedback on player base

2»

Comments

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

Only you have control of your actions and reactions. Anything that gives you a rise is toxic IF you act on it. There are mechanics that can be abused, it's your choice if you do. I don't run DS though I could, because I find it toxic. It's my choice and I don't blame the killer if they tunnel me for not running it.

I think there should be some way to commend good people. The props thing doesn't feel like anything. I play on Smite and I love collecting those honors and you get stuff at the end of the season/year.

• Luune
    Luune Member Posts: 43

Not exactly true. I regard it as toxic if you take players out instantly and not give them a chance from the very begining. Taking a whole game from a person that wasnt able to do anything as soon as he/she went down. So they basically get into a lobby, get unlucky and die within the first 2min - considering how long qtimes can take... I do not like the idea of that as it doesnt seem intended by the game design (yet i know BHVR thoughts on tunnel/camp - it just doesnt feel right). I don't know what else to call it honestly. If you go for someone else in between I dont mind it at all, but always staying close and waiting for it? Nah, I don't like that. Ofc, 3-4 instaheals suck but its like with killer OS Addons. They do not have it every game. So its hard to call it toxic to use instaheals - although i get what u mean. I know why people tunnel but i think it wouldnt change much if gens got to be repaired slower. Its just very tricky in general.

I wouldnt mind survivors not to have instas and such if tunnel wasn't possible.

• Luune

Smite, League, Overwatch, ... so many multiplayer games adopted those honour systems. The only downside to it is people not honouring you when youd probably deserve it, but so what?

• Raidoku
    Raidoku Member Posts: 69

TBH playing as a survivor means your lkely going to die due to your team not doing their part camping hatch or simply hiding in the basement or lockers the whole time if your playing with randoms. Hopefully Devs patch game to make it less toxic experience for all players i made a forum about other modes that could be added and tweaks to fix killers and improve % of winning.

• Darkskies
    Darkskies Member Posts: 1,158

Because every time it subjective there is no counter you be the good guy you get abused you go try hard the sams ob both sides excuses i wish we could come together forget the difference but im dreamer... But im not the only one 🐷❤️

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    edited June 2019

@Luune

Players will rarely rate a person they've lost to positively, even if this person played absolutely normal and would deserve a good rating.

Post edited by NoShinyPony on
  • Luune

Can only speak for me and my friends as we take the time to message people on PS4 (we have to go to their profile and open the conversation if possible and type via controller or have to open the app on the phone to text) to tell them that they’ve played well. There are lots of sour losers, but I think there are as many kind people as there are salty ones. 🤔

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Common survivor mistake: killers don't care about you, specifically, unless you stand out in some way. They're just trying to win. The things survivors do that you said you didn't consider toxic, well they're not fun for killers either. So why is one side's fun relevant and the other's isn't?

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

The game doesn't care what is fair and what is not, only that one person lives or another dies. It's up to the predator to decide how that is done.

If you can't stop somebody from tunneling you, that's you're fault, not the kkiller.

To think otherwise is only putting mental shackles on yourself and you will never improve

Playing to win is not toxic, putting imaginary rules on the games that the code does not understand is is only what the weak do.

In the game, all is fair - you do what you must to win. It's on the devs to find a way to balance it out, not us

• Luune

You literally don't read my posts. I'm speaking for both sides constantly. You are currently just picking on the tunnel. If you don't read my comments rightfully, we'll reach a dead end. And the "common survivor mistake: killer's don't care about you" is exactly the point I am making. :)

• Luune

Im still refering to attitude. And I'm not talking about improvement or whatsoever. I just don't like seeing early tunnel in general. I see why killers do it, i do play killer myself and without tunneling the first one down its rough. Still: The idea of it is just what frustrates most players. As i said previously: the game says i got a chance, but im not granted one due to another players decision.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    edited June 2019

@Luune

"The game says I got a chance, but I'm not granted one due to another players decision."

Where did the game explicitly say you get another chance? Generally, when a game says you get another chance, it will actually give you another chance. Something like end game collapse for example is the game saying the last survivor gets one more chance. It does this by directly giving them another chance. Two in some cases.

Struggle phases are more of the game giving the other players still playing something to compete over. All you are is another optional objective for survivors to do and for killers to defend. If the survivors cannot or will not accomplish that objective, then you do not get another chance. If you were owed one, then the game would flat out give it to you instead of letting you die on your first hook.

The only difference between this and gen rushing is that the killer gets to keep playing the game through until the end.

• Luune

@Redd

What I am saying is, that thats the point where frustations grow from or thats the mindset of someone being on the hook. This "you are potentially not dead" is prolly also the reason when survs get salty.

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

The hook having stages grants a chance based on the actions of others. I am salty during game when my first hook goes to second stage or outright death. People take the time of hook stages for granted, but it's part of the 'second chance' mechanic.

This is a game of choice. Do I save? Do I run? Do I hide? The players make it competitive IF they are altruistic. Most are selfish, which is understandable. Why risk a save when I'm on my last hook? They don't realize the safety that comes from having the number advantage. Having another body is always beneficial, because that person has the potential to do something. The game never 'owes' anything, even in other games. It's always been potential and that's what makes it frustrating.