Survivors should get points for staying on the hook

Too often I see a surv suicide or DC after they are clearly going to get camped/tunneled. Honestly, I don't blame them. They get no benefit from playing it out. Ideally, they stay hooked and allow the other survs to get gens done and punish the killers behavior. Hooked survs need an incentive to allow this to happen, they don't. I'd be happy to hang out if I was racking up blood points.

Comments

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114

Not everyone cares about points. If I get hooked shortly after the match starts and go into struggle state and no on is coming or farmed off the hook to go down again I'm not sticking around for a second to help anyone else escape I'd rather die and start the next match.

People that DC the second they hit the ground or immediately struggle on first hoOK arent Going to careabout points

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Those who suicide dont care for BP. Those shouldnt be rewarded for struggling but Instead penalized for not playing the game as intended.

The only problem i see is when youre the last survivor and dont even get the chance to struggle for points like the ones before you. That needs to be adressed. Even though you shouldnt need to button smash for a whole minute. Thats so stupid.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

I suicide sometimes and care quite a bit about bloodpoints, especially since I switched platforms.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Points for getting defeated?

Don't you already get those anyway? Just struggle in phase 2.

• RamiSamii
    RamiSamii Member Posts: 173

How about 'Distraction' points [whatever emblem it is] for when a killer is camping you on hook and gens are getting completed?

• DoubleTap
    DoubleTap Member Posts: 218

You get like 650bp if you stay til the end.

2500bp would be more of an incentive to stay.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

But you are getting defeated.

Which is bad play for you, good for your team or not.

Which shouldn't be rewarded.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

Survivors should not be rewarded for getting caught and dying.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Well, maybe because killers are actually doing something instead of just hanging around and enjoying the view like hooked survivors.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

The rewards for struggling are struggle points , punishing a camper, and getting unhooked sometimes.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Killers get points for pushing their objective, which includes prolonging matches and taking away survivors' advantages. Tell me, is a survivor's objective to die on the hook?

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Suiciders should be treated with bans, or at least some flags visible to others in lobby. It's the same thing as DC-ing, but devs are even less willing to punish it.

They could try to be nice and "reward good sportmanship", but really, those who only keep struggling on hook for a BP reward and not because they actually care about their team deserve nothing more than a kick in the butt.

• Ghostingmyteammates
    Ghostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216

Free points for getting hooked? Lol no.

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287
    edited June 2019

Because kicking the pallet and generator is part of the killers objective, and it removes obstructions in their chase path. We can't stop you from throwing down pallets. We can't intervene. You have exhaustion perks, urban evasion, etc etc. Throwing down a pallet takes zero skill on the survivors part. Getting hooked, as a survivor, reflects complete failure of your objective. That objective being not getting caught. Which you CAN prevent. You have all the tools to do it. Loops, exhaustion perks, DS etc etc. You have everything you needed to run even a good killer for a few gens. Maybe git gud. You present zero argument. It's 4v1.

No, there would be a word for that. It's called "stupid". You can NOT punish self-suicide on hook with anything but point and rank loss. I suicide on hook at times. Usually it's when I get hooked, and see everyone on the map crouching behind something - all in opposite corners of the map, instead of going for a generator or coming for the save. It is absolutely NOT the same thing as DCing.

It actually blows me away how many people downvoted my previous post. Like, honestly. Do you honestly believe that you deserve points for sucking enough to get hooked? If you are on that hook, you have FAILED. Period. The goal is SURVIVAL. You got CAUGHT. There's even an emblem that penalizes you for even going down. Suck less, get more points. Holy entitled nerd alert, lol

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Ah, here we go with the double standards again.

It's not okay for a killer to fail and get NOED but somehow it's okay to fail and get hooked.

Wish I could say I'm surprised - but I'm not.

• Paladin_Goo

Not only can noed be completely prevented from ever happening, but even with Noed, the killer still has to chase, catch, and hook a survivor. Your logic is not only false, but it doesn't exist. Fundamentally, killer objectives and survivor objectives work differently. Your objective is to ESCAPE. Killers objective is ultimately to kill your before you escape. He hasn't failed until you walk out the door.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

As a killer main, I absolutely agree with this. Survivors killing themselves and DCing is just more time I can focus on applying specific pressure rather than generalized pressure. Further, a lot of the time I see SWF teams of two or three just leave randos to die, punishing and probably depipping teammates not in their discord just because they're selfish - there's a whole category called Altruism, but people tend to lean to the extremes rather than balancing things there.

People shouldn't be punished for having selfish teammates, and it might even lead to less toxicity in the community overall if people weren't dicked over so hard by camping/tunnelling and teammates who refuse to help. If nothing else, this should be something that helps emblems - not enough to pip by itself, but maybe a lil extra altruism to pop someone who was trying hard over the top.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

For the people who aren't understanding why we want this, it's to encourage team play and as well as to prevent DCing. I made a thread a while ago that gave you "Killer Diversion" points when the killer is losing chaser points (Proximity Penalty). BP would be nice, but I don't think it would be necessary IMO.

• Paladin_Goo

They already get rewarded for staying in the match longer, whether they are hooked or not. Further rewards for "staying on the hook" are completely superfluous.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Maybe stop calling people stupid, nerds, entitled, etc.

• Paladin_Goo
    edited June 2019

I didn't call anyone stupid. There's a difference between calling someone stupid, and saying what they said is stupid. As well, entitled has a direct meaning, and it fits directly with the situation. When people stop being entitled, they'll stop being pointed out as such.

As for nerds? Well, it's a general statement. I don't know who downvoted me, so I grouped them all together. I would gladly refer to them by name if the forum software (vanilla) told me said names. It's my version of "John Doe". Don't flatter yourself by thinking I started using it for you.

I'm not here to coddle your delicate sensibilities. If you're offended, that's just tough. Not stop derailing the thread, jeez.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,684

Ok enough.

This discussion has been closed.