The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Multiple copies of a survivor

Spicy
Spicy Member Posts: 1

So when joining a trial there can be, for example, multiple Dwights or Claudettes. I know this is probably not canon but maybe there is an explanation that makes it possible lore-wise.

We know that time in the Entity's realm doesn't work like in the real world. Maybe the concept of time in the Entity's realm makes a survivor exist multiple times in the realm and one of those copies is, for example, a Dwight that is experiencing his first trial (New player) and the other Dwight has been in a lot of trials and knows how to avoid the killer with efficiency (Veteran player).

This is probably a stupid idea but I want to know what do you all think.

Comments

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

I think it is that we all play as false copies of the survivors. No one has yet played the true versions of the survivors, therefore with different play styles, clothing opinions, perks, etc.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

My theory - Entity realm takes survivors and killers from different universes. So, characters from L4D, Saw, Halloween don't share one universe. Same goes for multiple copies of same survivors.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

Yup, devs just didn't want to limit other players.

But, since we know that the Entity doesn't understand time, and can pull Survivors from other timelines and universes, it's possible that it can happen.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

The lore answer is that time works differently in the world of the Entity. The same survivor from different "Times" can be in the same place.

But then this brings the question. Is the "Future" self in the same trial living it again?

I am overthinking this so much

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

It's either time travel or the Entity has the world's best hair and make up team. Plus cloning.

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406
  • XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204

When a person enters the realm, an infinite number of them are created and they may encounter one another (like having 4 claudettes in a game and so on) and because of this infinte number of trials take place. For example a Nea could be replicating the same actions as another copy of herself in an entire other trial, but with the factors of which killer, what map, what survivors, Nea experiance an entire different trial that changes her decisions and such. So these infinite number of Neas can have infinite different variations of herself, so a Nea has an extremely smal chance of finding some who had the same expirences and looks like her

• SmaugMyte
    SmaugMyte Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2019

As others have already said devs confirmed multiple times it's just a pure gameplay decision, but yeah, lore-wise it can be explained quite accurately by the Entity's powers to bend timelines and dimentions at it's will, and so making multiple "Dwights"or "Claudettes" met in the same Trail.