Start the characters' 3 unique perks at level 3

The grind for leveling up both killers and survivors is daunting enough, especially for new players. It's only getting more absurd with every new character released.

One way to help reduce this grind could be to have both killers and survivors start with their 3 unique perks at level 3. So, Dwight would have Bond, Prove Thyself, and Leader at level 3 from the start and Trapper would have level 3 Unnerving Presence, Brutal Strength, and Agitation, etc.

This would not only help reduce the grind a bit, but would be more enriching for new players to play with the full potential of a character's unique perks from the start. It would incentivize them to try out new characters and know which perks they want to get teachable first.

As a bonus, it would also make getting those adept achievements a bit easier. Getting Adept Plague was pretty challenging for me not only because of the new "Merciless Killer" win condition but because I still had 2 of her 3 perks at level 1 even after getting to level 50.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Comments

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

This is perfect, it would actually help reduce the grind a little bit (considering they're the characters perks...they should get some advantage like having them at max tier earlier...) and make adepts a lot better. I really hope the devs consider this in future considering the standardisation recently of some tiered perks.

• BlowHard74728
    BlowHard74728 Member Posts: 60

I think when you're at prestige three with a character you should have a chance to find a perk that starts out at tier three for you even if you dont have it in tier one

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114

Please!

Went through more than 50+ webs to get SC 3 on claudette with no other perks unlocked besides DS

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I never bother with higher than tier 1 of Self Care

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Very minor issue: Legion's Discordance is arguably better at Level 1 than Level 3 since you'll know faster whether or not two+ Survivors are still on the gen.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    edited July 2019

I see what you mean. To me, the easiest solution would probably be to make some small tweaks to Discordance if enough people think it is better at a lower level. At the very least, that would only affect the Legion since other killers would have to get it in their bloodweb starting at level 1.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Good idea. There's a lot of talk about reducing grind, but I feel it's unnecessary to do it for everyone. On the other hand, new players are struggling to get their preferred perks, Bloodweb being extremely mean sometimes. Reducing the grind for new, and only new players sounds like a good idea.

• JacksonWise

Thank you for the feedback! What I am proposing would also benefit old players too though, not just new ones. The idea being that even after prestiging, their unique perks would always start at level 3. So unless someone has all killers and survivors P3, everyone gets something out of it.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Id like if they tied BP gain to devotion. For every 100 levels of devotion you have you get a permanent boost to BP gain

• JacksonWise

I like that idea, but I think they would have to be careful with that to not give veteran players too much of an advantage. That would absolutely help the grind though, and give new players a better feeling of progression.