What happens when they disconnect?

Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

I never camp, I don't like tunneling, I even let people leave now and then, and still they disconnect... I consider myself a great killer, but if I play as I should they usually rage quit...

Does in game reports do anything? Cause I've reported hundreds of rage quitters, lol

Post edited by Carlosylu on

Comments

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2019

As of now, they ban people in waves once they have dced a certain percentage of the total games they've played. If what was said during the anniversary livestream is true then they will crack down on dcs once dedicated servers are live... I truly hope that is the case.

Edited to fix typos

Post edited by Kabu on
  • TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

For a second i thought this might have been a lore post XD i was ready to say it was survivor killin themselves to get back to the campfire (i can see why so many survivors DC now and it makes sense lore wise)

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

"Never camp"

"Let people leave now and then"

You are not a great killer in my book ;-)

• Carlosylu
    edited June 2019

I guess getting 4/4 every time I feel like it is being a bad killer...

• cwtfern
    cwtfern Member Posts: 136
    edited June 2019

DCing at Rank 15 against Wraith? Jaysus. What a bunch of babies.

The DC-ing problem is pretty disgusting and has been a rampant issue for years. It's more of a problem for Survivors. Every other game I play, the person who gets caught first will disconnect immediately because they don't want to be the first one hooked. Sometimes they're butthurt that they won't get to use Deliverance, but most of the time they're just entitled and do it because there's no actual repercussions. Meanwhile, this totally screws over the rest of your team.

I really hope the devs make good on their promise to crack down on this more when the dedicated servers are up, but all we can do is wait and see.

Post edited by cwtfern on
  • shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

I've found that SWF often DC together, leaving only 1 or 2 survivors on their own so they bail as well.

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193

I've seen a lot of DC's from survivors; they don't like the map, you find and down them too quickly (or sometimes just because you found them). I've even had them DC on the hook when close to dying, just to deny me the sacrifice. Might even be the killer - played a round with the Doctor and the first person quit as soon as they saw me (never touched them). Then a second DC'd straight after (guessing it was SWF).

As I understand it, they lose all the points they have earned, plus 2 pips.

However, lately I've been hearing about players (both killer and survivor mains) that have been doing this to deliberately de-rank themselves so they can bully the lower ranks - in fact have seen this for myself when playing on either side. I wish they would reinstate the inability to drop below a certain rank deliberately and those that regularly DC should have a greater penalty - inability to get into a match for a set period, perhaps.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

I'm trying to use up my gateaux on Ghostface (leveled him by dumping points into him I was farming on another killer) so I have like 20 of them.. but so far, in like 4 or 5 games in a row.. literally all of them had people DC as I picked them up for their first hook, or just suicide on hook on their first.. It's like, what the ######### man?

Oh and I make sure to report them all, it's really annoying when half the survivors disconnected within the first two or three minutes :/

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

I don't know if killing yourself on hook is bannable but DC will be dealt with more often with the dedicated servers also low tier survivors tend to get scared easily of GF even though he is basically lowest tier and this causes them to dc

• Marcavecunc

Killing yourself on hook is fine in general, unless everyone does it. And honestly who's to say they did it on purpose or just botched their struggle.

This one person though, attempted to unhook then didn't struggle, that was an obvious suicide.. Still screws over his teammates, though.

• Marcavecunc

So, I just had yet another game with 3 dc's (2 right as I downed them, and the third just because he didn't want to play with only 2 survivors left, I assume?)

This time it was as Wraith.. the last survivor mentionned in the after-game chat that it happened to him 6 games in a row.. what the #########? I've been playing this game for 3 months now, and in this time, I barely ever had as many dc's as I had today.

Really can't wait for them to implement something to punish those who ruin the game for everyone else by doing that.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Not to bad mouth the devs but even after they announced they would ban people who DC people still DC left, right and center. They need to do more and implement harsher punishments. Again not the Devs fault but something needs to be done.

P.S. if it was my decision i'd start pera-banning. "Don't want to player our game let me help you with that. PERA-BAN"

• Carlosylu

And it happened again... A guy runs straight towards me whyle me being Myers Tier 3... I down him, mori him, he disconnects and boom! Rage quitters 4/4...

• martin27

Had a game yesterday where 2 people DC as soon as they loaded in and saw the name of the map. Luckily the killer actually made the time we spent waiting for the game worth it by having us all do a little bit of farming. It would of been better to have had a proper game but at least the offering and item didn't go to waste on a game with little to no play time and points because 2 people didn't like the level

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275

Until devs make survivor fun again to play this issue will never go away. (Bring back MoM)

• martin27

You still have MoM it's just not broken and overpowered. Can't say if it's under powered because i don't have it.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    edited July 2019

As people mentioned, there are punishments already for people that have a high DC rate. Once dedicated servers will be live it will be easier to track people that DC so checks will be tighter.

Also if you're not aware the ban escalation for DC is the following:

1 week --> 2 weeks --> 4 weeks --> Permanent ban

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275

It is under powered, and not used anymore.

Survivors will DC and find other games to spend their time in until some fun perks are back i think.

• Carlosylu

How do DBD track DCers this days? I'm asking cause I report people DAILY and I keep playing against them every now and then only to watch them DC again and again (I take screenshots). Is there a better way to report them than just the post game report?

• martin27

Doesn't change the fact that it was still broken and needed changing. It might be underpowered but there are still plenty of decent perks. I can have fun as a survivor without using MoM. I can now have fun as a killer as well now that every survivor isn't using a broken overpowered perk.

• Carlosylu
    edited July 2019

Do they know when people DC vs when they lag out? I had a rage quitter yesterday who sent me a message saying "I lagged out, prove otherwise"...

Post edited by Mandy on
  • DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

That guy is a first class baiter, silence is the correct answer

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Hold on a sec! Remember, “Death is not an Escape!” 😏

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253

You consider yourself to be a "great" killer while still being rank 15, 11 days after a rank reset. I found that really funny.

• Carlosylu
    edited July 2019

I said "good" and that image was taken a month ago, I'm rank 12 right now... Still... By "good killer" I mean that I get 3/4 or 4/4 every game... Still if you have experience in this game you know that killing everyone as quick as possible doesn't give you a rank up, you need to work for those points... Nice try...

If you still want to watch how I usually play...

Survivor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5omVRjqbWI

Killer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VvAos9f_rA

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253

You just edited the "good" killer instead of great, nice try friend. I'm not gonna watch how you play because you can put the best game of your life on youtube, but games where you get demolished not.

Post edited by Carlosylu at July 1. Am i rite?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,940

Please do not report DC's, these are logged on our own system. Using the in game report tool for this is just wasting precious time from the people handling reports, because they will not be dealt with in this manner. Thank you.

Mandy

• 0assassin0k
    0assassin0k Member Posts: 9

i actually have a pretty good idea of how to not ban them but temporarily disable them to play.

in occasions there will be the need to leave so what will survivors do?

there should be an official "death" option aka "exit". when they choose death they will officially leave the match but if they choose to use other methodes to exit the game will record it as temporary ban.

its not bullet proof but i think its a start.

just trying to help.

gl on the next.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Lmao i have a serious question, what is the point of the in-game report system because from everything I've seen that i covers you either don't cover (like 99% of post game chats), some things that are are written on the report page are not considered reportable anymore, and you already automatically track the one thing It does work for makin it pointless and obsolete. So when are we removing it?

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

@MandyTalk Why then does the in game report option mention DCs specifically if we're not supposed to report for it?

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Because Its there to make people feel better about themselves, in actuality none o the things you will report someone for will be picked up on the dev side because its either no longer reportable, or isn't actually controlled by the devs, like i said thy should just remove it

• chunkycheese21
    chunkycheese21 Member Posts: 27

Just put them in the corner till their time is up then they can play with the big boys again, why didn't we implement this in the first place?