Console: Nigh Unplayable

Options

I’ve put time into this game. So, know this comes from a place of love. Hell, it’s an awesome concept- as unpolished as it is. I make it to red ranks every reset. But, the more time I put into this game, the more I realize how unacceptably terrible it performs on console.

I’m not here to complain about OP perks, or balance issues ... but something has to give. If it isn’t disconnects, it’s lag spikes with every killer melee. Teleporting around corners before a planned pallet can be thrown down. Lagging through windows, stuttering just long enough to be bludgeoned- and this happens regularly on green ping.

I know, pleb console woes. But, are dedicated servers going to fix this? Or will they only make it more apparent?

Comments

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114
    Options

🤞🏼 still saving for a decent pc

• Caz2018
    Caz2018 Member Posts: 193
    Options

I'm on PS4 and have learned to watch the pings - if it fluctuates wildly I'm dropping out of the lobby. I've had a few games with high killer pings which were practically unplayable.

If the ping was stable and this happens, it could be either another survivor who's ping is messing it up, or it could be someone is using a lag switch; seems to be a fair bit of that going on too.

• lostandelirious
    lostandelirious Member Posts: 12
    Options

I am able to play on both but because I first got it on console and all the killers there I never made the move to pc. The games I did play was smooth like butter in comparison to the Xbox. Don't get me started on the controls....

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Options

If my crappy laptop PC that evidently has far less power than a PS4 - can run For Honor at just about 30FPS on the lowest graphics - play the game at 30FPS on most maps, then why can't a console run it above 20FPS?

I still stand by my opinion that Dead By Daylight should never have been released for console, but now all we can do is try to fix it. That being said, the devs should probably change the default graphics to 'low' for all platforms. Higher graphics settings seem to tank the game's performance tremendously on all platforms, and they also completely change the since less grass = less places for traps and Survivors to be hidden and such, which helps and hinders both sides.

Graphics being defaulted to low should help a lot for console, assuming the devs can figure out how to do it. Immediately there may be seen a massive performance improvement for consoles. Or maybe the devs have already tested it internally, who knows.

• semaj_leachim
    semaj_leachim Member Posts: 48
    Options

Hopefully ded servers fix it, but I consider lag a cost of entry at this point. I can at least feel good about it never happening to survivors I kill.

• heavendog
    heavendog Member Posts: 35
    Options

I play ps4 dbd all the time, and my internet is absolutely terrible, but I still get fine games as long as the killer's ping isn't going from 50 to 800 in spikes.

• ThatGooniesTho
    ThatGooniesTho Member Posts: 9
    Options

I also would say that dedicated servers are likely to at least help with the issue.

I find that if the ping in the lobby doesn't pop around more that 20-30ms before game start I don't have too many lag issues.

I also recently was able to go from using a wifi signal on my PlayStation to a wired connection and find that increases my game performance 100% in most cases