DC'ing needs to stop.

Options

Just a rant, but I just finished the shortest game as survivor ever. Going up against a billy, someone is chainsawed within a minute, they DC. Next 2 people found DC once they get chainsawed. I get found and chainsawed and die on hook. All in all, about a 4.5 minute game. People DC'ing because the killer is trying to KILL them is just ridiculous. It sucks to be the first one found (especially if you're found quickly) but it has to happen to someone. If your teammates don't try to rescue, you're at least helping as a possible distraction for the killer if they decide to proxy camp or come back periodically to check on you. Regardless, please stop disconnecting if you're butt hurt for being downed quickly. Take the "L" and move forward.

Comments

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114
    Options

Lol they took the L and moved forward quicker by DC and search for next match.

Its annoying though one person DC at start of match and it screws everyone else.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

Yes, causing people to depip. Loss of points and killer addons. Very fair to take the L.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options

Sound good for me.Btw if surv dc after 2 hooks i got all points from him for chase and hit etc?

• dbd_noob
    dbd_noob Member Posts: 225
    Options

I get the feeling that the DC epidemic has improved. I am playing in europe region red ranks and I i get a Survivor DC every 5 matches max. Killer DCs are even less frequent.

In contrast to my experience about 1/2 months ago, there was not a single match without at least one DC. So I am seeing an improvement to the situation. Am I the only one?

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

I second this - DCing has improved greatly from my perspective. There was a means to get around losing pips after DCing, but that was resolved to guarantee a 2 pip loss now. I feel that has something to do with it. DCing I see now are more protests to being camped or tunneled with a rare DC at the start due to killer selection.

People are more likely to kill themselves on the first hook now.

• newavitar
    newavitar Member Posts: 395
    Options

Who cares? It's a game. If you're not having fun, leave. It's meant to be fun. When you stop having fun, stop playing.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

There's little to no punishment for DCs so people will continue to do it. It's not going to stop till dedicated servers, that's the sad reality.

• chunkycheese21
    chunkycheese21 Member Posts: 27
    Options

We should add a timeout feature that increases as the survivor continues to DC. Should prevent DC'ing a bit for a now

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@newavitar Even when every dc effects the match in some way? Ruining the fun for others?

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383
    Options
  • JordanMalicious
    Options

It's a game I like. People that DC because they can't handle a loss need to stop playing if that's your logic.

• newavitar
    Options

Someone DCs in my match I just say "Meh, okay." And start messing around. Get into a good chase with the killer or meme around. Or just DC if I was wanting a serious match, and try to find a new one.

Someone DCs on the other team, I commend myself for playing good and move on. It's that simple.

• newavitar
    Options

No, you need to stop playing if you're gonna get all butthurt when people decide that they want to have fun. News flash: They payed for the game, same as you. Just because you feel like you're the centre of the universe doesn't mean they have to obey.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

Too bad the player base is too small to split.

If I could play a not ranked mode to get away from all the sweaty DBD professionals, I might actually play again.

DC'ing lets you avoid ranking up, at the least. But to be honest, you can just get the killers attention and stand at the hook.

It's completely legitimate from a game rules point of view.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313
    Options

Even games with non-ranked modes have good people playing it to wreck the casuals. It's just not something you can escape completely in competitive games. I know why they made it easier to rank up as a survivor but it just replaced one problem with another in the end.

• MichWasHere
    MichWasHere Member Posts: 24
    Options

^^ THIS!

If its a legitimate crash or DC then have to wait starting at 10 minutes for a new game shouldn't be an issue. It would definitely stop people that think they can just jump into a new game.

• Krystress
    Krystress Member Posts: 52
    Options

Not sure if this is a good idea. Some killers will abuse gameplay and will get points for it.

• pungent_stench
    pungent_stench Member Posts: 131
    Options

thanks for reminding me why i keep myself scarce here.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    Options

If someone DCs in the first minute, I mean, you can’t really blame anyone after that for leaving and moving on. The game does nothing to compensate the remaining 3, it’s basically a big waste of time to see who might have a chance at hatch in all likelihood.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited July 2019
    Options

Unfortunately, they won't really be addressing DCs until dedicated servers, which is . . . what? . . . sometime in September?

What they should have done from the start was implement a system like Overwatch uses for leaving QP matches: after a certain number vs matches played until the end, an XP penalty kicks in. In DBD, it should have been a BP penalty. You only get about 25% to 50% of the actual BP you'd earned, for X-number of matches as a punishment.

Time-outs are easy to circumvent, just go play another game. But a BP penalty that requires that X-number of matches be played until the end to get rid of it might deter some DCing folks.

(Disclaimer: It doesn't work as intended in OW because XP just gives account levels which just gives a free lootbox, but in a game like DBD where BP is directly linked to bloodweb progression, it might carry more weight.)

• JordanMalicious
    Options

You're putting an awful lot of words in my mouth kid lol. Think what you want, it's your opinion, not fact. DC'ing is a problem to me, so I'm gonna voice my concern. Sorry you don't like it lol.

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114
    Options

Majority of the people that DC don't care about pips or bloodpoints. I have people DC at the end of the match just to deny me a hook they will throw all their points away...

If they did care they would just start matches and go afk while watching TV or doing something else until the penalty was removed further screwing the other 3 survivors over.

• Sleephartha
    Sleephartha Member Posts: 242
    Options

DC is a perfectly reasonable thing to do sometimes given the quality of players you end up with in this game and some of the OP stuff you can encounter.

Some examples:

Killer tunnels you for no reason.

Teammate blows a gen near the killer then sprint bursts away leaving you to take the hit.

Teammate farms you without Borrowed Time.

1 or more teammates DC.

Your teammates are selfish jerks or garbage spuds.

The killer is running one of a dozen or so OP addons that is going to obliterate your team.

You play your 10th game in a row with Nurse or Billy + Ruin + BBQ.

While I stick it out in most cases, I feel justified quitting in any of those situations.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Wow, the full blown hypocrisy in this statement. If you honestly think a person whose idea of fun is intentionally disconnecting deserves protection, you've got your head too far up your backside. I'll agree that they don't have to behave because somebody feels like they're the center of the universe, but if you weren't so wildly self absorbed, it would be mind blowingly obvious that's not the reason he wants them to obey. He wants them to obey cause it's the the rules to obey in order to play the game. Rules they agreed to when they agreed to the ToS. Rules you also agreed to. And that is a damn good reason for them to obey.