Borrowed Time Effect

Options

Sooo I'm a killer main, please keep this in mind, and I have a question that will probably get a lot of hate... but I digress... why isnt the effect of BT just a default feature? I STG the number of killers who camp in between grey ranks and green is just absolutely disgusting, I've honestly given up playing survivor because I'm almost always playing solo and its sickening how many times I die on 1st hook due to camping with Insta down killers and randoms aren't gonna help/ or can't help because they dont have BT.

Answers

• ThanosHatesDBD
    ThanosHatesDBD Member Posts: 14
    Options

Bro I've been playing this game for years. I'm green rank on survivor, hell the only reason I'm a "decent" killer is because I know how to play survivor. I just dont think BT as a default feature would be game breaking at all. If anything it would teach newer killers not to camp and actually hunt. 99% of killers who camp dont care about rank which is the only thing right now that gets affected for camping.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

BT is already a braindead badly designed perk, encouraging hook rushing and therefore unsafe unhooks. Not only that, but allows people to justify not even attempting to save someone just by saying "I dont have BT".

Survivors like this are at least taking up a perk slot with this perk. But a base game mechanic that allows players to successfully pull off a play with little effort from their part? Do we really need more of that?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

We shouldn’t make a perk as strong as BT basekit, this perk doesn’t leave my build for a reason.

• XCheekyNuggetX
    XCheekyNuggetX Member Posts: 12
    Options

As a survivor main (although red ranks at both) it would be nice, however a liiittle bit OP, I understand the pain of being camped and tunneled I really do but the concept of downing an injured survivor over a healthy one isn't stupid. I don't think decent killers' should be punished because of a vocal minority of killers' actions

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

I agree with op. As a killer main myself, I generally try to go after the savior anyway. I try to keep things fun for the survivors, especially since there are so many killers that play toxic and overall just make the game unfun.

• Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194
    Options

Why not go all in make ruin bbq DS BT default ability for both sides ..

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

BT is a great, powerful perk and also helps against killers who don't tunnel. I can't count how often I got saved with BT and was able to get between the killer and the unhooker, take the hit for them and prevent them from going done. Especially super-powerful in the late game when the exit gates are open.

No way something that powerful should be available for free, without having to use a perk slot. At least not at the current state of the game.

• Krystress
    Krystress Member Posts: 52
    Options

It doesn't get any better. I'm a rank 5 survivor and killers still camp and tunnel. 😕

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

Yep. Rank 1, played against a camping Hillbilly with BBQ, SF & enduring. Camped and 1 hooked pretty early in the game. He was rank 3 btw. Real fun.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Let me guess, he was one of those dirty campers that doesn't immediately disappear from the map after hooking a survivor? Or were there other survivors in the immediate vicinity? I have a hard time believing a red rank killer just stood there and watched you after hooking you unless you did something particularly annoying. There's no way red rank killers would survive if they did that regularly.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

The only perk that could be added as a base would be Kindred.

• ThanosHatesDBD
    Options

I dont mean having BT tier 3 as a base feature, the perk would still be useful if you made it for example: if you're unhooked & the killer is within 8-12 meters from you and then hits you within 5 seconds from being unhooked you have say 5-10 seconds to mend once out of the TR. At least give someone a chance, of you get hit again RIP. ALSO this would only be a thing if the power to the exit gates are powered. I dont think my example would ever happen in a game unless you're hardcore face camping while their are still Gens to be done.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

what a weird, out of touch comment

plenty of red rank killers do this

just a few days ago i got hard patrolled by a plague with nobody in the area, the only reason i didn't just die on my first hook is because someone traded

• ThanosHatesDBD
    Options

EDIT: I meant to say that the effect would NOT happen once the doors are powered. This would make BT needed to successfully save someone

• ThanosHatesDBD
    Options
  • ThanosHatesDBD
    Options

Years is plural.... meaning more than 1.... I've been playing this game for over 2 years.... confused at what your attempting to imply lol, you sir are the one that is "funny"