We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

How to choose your main?

Saekuura
Saekuura Member Posts: 24

I’m like level 67.. I have my Claudette, Meg and Laurie up to level 40, but.. i don’t really like them as to main them that much.

I’m currently working on my Feng, Nea and Jane.

I want to make up my mind and know who to main as i want to buy cosmetics but I still don’t know ;-;

Does anyone have any tips into how to know who’s like.. my dream main? lol

Comments

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 2019

Hard to know when new survivors are always in the works and outfits can change. I play all of the survivors so I might not be the best at this but maybe based on the amount/variety of cosmetics, who you enjoy playing most (choose naturally) who you’ve prestiged/got the most perks etc on. Otherwise play them all, see how they play/feel/sound and see who wins out.

I mean I think I’m technically a Laurie main because she’s my only p3-50 all perks however I play a lot of Dwight, Tapp and Quentin and all others after that in rotation (currently Adam) . I also started with Jake he was my first (also p3) so he’s still special to me in a way. You tend to love them the more matches you play/win as them but definitely look at the styles of cosmetics they get and how often. I mean meg, nea, Dwight and Claudette get a lot of cosmetics and min tends to get event ones. They’re your best bets if you’re in it for cosmetics. Jane’s cosmetics are also nice and varied.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

The one who looks the best for you.

I play Feng, Nea, Meg and Jake cause I like how they look, perks are shared so just go by aestethics

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,160

I just chose the one I liked character wise. I love metal, so I went with Jeff when he came out. (Before I went with David.) He was not the first I P3ed but the first with all Perks.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

For me I like the feel of how they perform in a match, I might feel good about 360'ing with Jake, or just the movement of David, something of that sort, if they have good cosmetics, bonus.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,129

For me it was Feng only cause she a competitive person before she hit the entity's realm. It personally whoever you feel more connected to etc

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

My Mains are Nea and Tapp, probably Ash but I'm undecided since his MoM is broken at the moment.

I chose Nea originally because she has Urban Evasion and I like to be sneaky but I stayed because her fashion choices are right up my alley. I'm Goth and she's a Punk rebel we have different styles of course but they're in the same area so I stuck with her as I feel close to her personality.

I chose David Tapp as my 2nd, I don't really play him as much as Nea but I'd rather play him than anyone else besides her. He's a detective and I like that, he was obsessive and lots of innocent people got hurt because of him but he was still trying to do good, he was still a detective trying to take down a psychopath and no one else on the roster in DBD can say the same. When I play Tapp it's literally a cop trying to escape serial Killers and save everyone from them.

Ash is iconic and he looks amazing, they did his model good and hopefully when they fix Protection Hits he won't be a complete waste of money.

Overall, choose your Main with who you feel is right for you whether it be their personality or their fashion style because in the end if you don't like anything they have to wear why buy anything for them?

• Nyghtmaremoon
    Nyghtmaremoon Member Posts: 25

Survivors are purely cosmetics. once one has all the perks it is not unique to others. So pick the one you think you like the looks of the best.

I do wish that they had unique perks that others could not train. Like the killers all have something special that other killers dont get.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@Nyghtmaremoon I've been thinking the same thing about Survivors, whenever a new one comes out you level them up to 40 and then go back to your main because they have awesome cosmetics and they're your main and never go back to the new Survivor. You paid money just for the perks.

It would be cool to see every Survivor have something unique about them like the Killers do so that choosing to play a certain Survivor has different advantages and skills. Meg is a prime example, her Sprint Burst and Adrenaline are the most popular perks but what if Meg in particular could use Sprint Burst for a second longer or maybe even go slightly faster than any other Survivor who uses it could?

What if every Survivor can use their own perks with higher percentages than another Survivor who learns their Teachable?

Everyone uses Self-Care but if you see a Claudette you know she'll be healing herself faster than the others.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

I love Bill. Me and him just click.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I only play Dwight because he was considered the worst survivor at release.

And I only play him in his default outfit.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

For survivors, I always choose first by perks aesthetics, then do I like the story and cosmetics? My favorites are (In order) Meg, Nea, Feng, David, then Claudette. All others are fine, I would do Kate but don't have her yet ;)

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Just whatever survivor vibes with you.

I chose Claudette because she looks the most similar to me out of all the survivors, and I haven't had a survivor come out that I am more interested in playing than her.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

As most people have said, it's mainly about who you find appealing to the eye and who has cos/style you like. Also, for some, it might be their backstory. I rotate between five, so I don't think I have a 'main' per se, but my favorite girl is Jane and my favorite guy is Tapp. I've recently started playing Quentin, because I got him leveled up finally with double BP and I really like the way he feels just running him around loops and vaulting, so he's going into my rotation. Right now my rotation is Feng, Nea, Jane, Tapp, and Quentin.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    edited June 2019

I was once there too.

I first played Claudette and only her because of self care, but didn't want people to think I'm a scumbag. So I looked through the store to find who's got good cosmetics and I noticed Dwight, and honestly he does have some pretty nice cosmetics so I chose him.

I especially liked "Where's Dwighty" set so I lvled him and mained him ever since. I also like his story and I like how he's just a huge nerd that failed at everything

plus he's a cutie and also a meme ¯\(ツ)

Since all survivors are just skins I recommend you to do what I did.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I chose Laurie because she is my favorite but I play Nea,Feng,Claudette and Meg too.

It just comes down to your preference. :)

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

It's all what everyone says; preference, what gravitates to you, what looks the best , lore and who you like playing the most. I play in rotation of Claudette, Feng, Kate and Jane. I have been playing Jane more though because she is the only big character and i like her story the most.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    edited June 2019

I just play who I like the most aesthetically and personality wise.

ACE

(yes, I know my profile pic is Dwight, I'm just to lazy to fix it)

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

I usually go by who I like. If they have cute/cool clothes or do I like their back story.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2019

I'm a Feng Main. She my only survivor with all perks. I own all her cosmetics as well. I loved her background as well. Plus shes the survivor I started with. The only time I play another survivor is when I want imperfect builds or a daily.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Liruliniel wake up is bugged right now, please don’t use it.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2019

@GrootDude Its a old screenshot from before the dlc dropping. You should be able to tell that based on the super flat hair. Since the dlc dropped with new hair renders.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I just picked the resident twink and stuck with him.

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

I main Quentin, for the sole fact that I want to play someone different and also because I like his style and love the NOES movies (Yes I know Quentin was only in the remake and not everyone liked that one). I also love the feeling of looping as him, also some of his yells when he gets hit are hilarious.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

You could always not have a main and keep switching, this will make the game much harder for you. I switch survivors after getting 1 to P3 then play a new one meaning i'm constantly having a pot luck on perks.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Jeff and I share the same first name, so he's a natural pick for me.

• HeavenLandDemon
    HeavenLandDemon Member Posts: 4

After leveling them up, they become only skins. So I play with Feng (My baby girl), Jake (Sexy boy, ughhh) and Tap (I am a huge fan of the "Saw" franchise). However, I think Feng is really a great character to start with. The "Alert" helps tremendously and if you combo with "Spine Chill" you always get the high ground if you are not against a Myers or a Freddy.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

I'm a big fan of the tap man but for different reasons.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited July 2019

Depends on your preference, but if it is all on advantage go for Claudette (small, not very noisy as many ofhers) and use

• High-Pitched Dreads (Face)
    • Fitted Button-Up (Body)
    • Bootleg High Waisted Leggins

for perfect Camouflage.

Kind regards

• JustJess
    JustJess Member Posts: 154

I chose Kate because I liked her story and she seems a chilly person and fun, also I think she is the most beautiful girl in the game. She also looks like me and I bet she is Aquarius like me!

• DankEngine
    DankEngine Member Posts: 17

Quentin my thicc boi

• Phox
    Phox Member Posts: 206

Maybe it’s just me.. but I don’t have a main. There are some survivors I like more than others sure, but I kind of play everyone.

I realize that survivors are just skins technically, but for some reason my play style changes based on who I’m playing. I think it’s due to how they hold themselves. I also run totally different builds based on that so Claudette is stealthy, Meg runs the killer around, David plays there hero ect. To each their own but this keeps the game exciting for me. 

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

Are you that person on YouTube who called me a weirdo for disliking Kate? If so, hey again 😂

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

Kate is my fave because of her story being so nice.

I obviously main Nea. Started Feng who i intended to main because Waifu. Stck to Nea for balanced landing and Urban evasion, next thing I knew she was P3 and had all the perks in the game.

Now I mix in a lot of Dwight and a bit of Jake.

Your main just happens I think.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Survivor is just a skin so it is really whoever you think looks the best or whoever you have the most perks on. I main Ace because he was my first P3 level 50 survivor. Plus I don't see a lot of P3 Ace mains so it makes me feel special :D

• Zayzayzero
    Zayzayzero Member Posts: 4

I chose david cause hes pretty sexy with them headlights, but if i wanna play stealthy ill use dwight so i dont stick out like a sore thumb.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Its depends on who you gravitate toward most.

I, like a few others in here, main Kate. Why? Because I was looking over the characters before I bought the game and she was the one I liked the look of most.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

I just go by their aesthetic. So that would be for me Feng, Claudette, and Meg. Their store outfits may not be the best but their potential for making new outfits with the ones you have are pretty cool.

• JustJess
    JustJess Member Posts: 154

YES OMG HI QUENTIN LOVER HAHA

but weirdo not for disliking her!! You can dislike her but no offend her and who likes her ☺️

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814

There is no such thing as maining a survivor. Every single one is exactly the same. Just pick the one you like the most and farm all perks on them. If you want stealth bonus pick Claudette or Feng.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

I chose David because he's clearly the most sexy. I do play other survivors however.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

Its simple: blondes or blonde cosmetics.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

I flip flop between Kate and Feng. I love them both almost equally. They're the only ones I've P3'd. I'll usually play one or the other for a while and then switch. Unless a cosmetic I like comes out for one of them, then I usually play them longer. I loved Feng's ballerina outfit. However, I seem to be the only one who doesn't like Kate's new biker outfit, like at all.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I main Jane because she’s so pretty and the only woman that’s curvy and older than a high school student. I love her real clothes, they’re so cute! And her ability to mix and match is really nice. I kind of dislike her pleasurable moans, but she’s the one I gravitate to.

I also gravitate to David because he’s hot with his mechanic outfit/shirtless, Nea because I’m gay AND I WISH SHE HAD MORE BUTCH COSMETICS, Claudette because her clothes and personality actually fit me but she’s seen as toxic, and Dwight because he’s adorable.

• Kateisthejam
    Kateisthejam Member Posts: 21

I agree I bought dead by daylight for Kate I saw her in Ohmwreckers ptb video for Curtain call and I just gravitated to her.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Each survivor actually has a different level of volume for their sound effects. Jeff is loud all the time, while Ace is really quiet. Some cosmetics also look really nice.

I want to main Laurie, Nea, Jeff, or Ace, simply because I like the look of Jeff's sweater and Laurie's Prestige, but Nea and Ace are really quiet when uninjured (Ace is even more quiet).

• SmokeTheScrapper
    SmokeTheScrapper Member Posts: 43

I might be a little late, but I don't particularly give a bloody d*mn. I'm maining David King because we happen to have some things in common. He was one of the first characters I played, along with Bill, and I only use others when archive tasks require it. I don't care how loud or quiet he is. Just makes it more interesting when you sh*t on it.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,519

I took Claudette because at the time the game used to be way darker than it is now.

Then Ormond happened ... xD