The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Fan-made chapter: The Empty Canvas

HomemadePoopie
HomemadePoopie Member Posts: 24
edited June 2019 in Creations

Crayola Sealand 

The Artist 

Some might say Crayola Sealand was alone from the beginning and forevermore; never even given the opportunity to see the person responsible for her existence. Due to complications, Mother Sealand ultimately succumbed to her maternal mortality. It started with slight dizziness and grew into a struggling hold on consciousness. Dying Mother Sealand scattered among the fluff and stuffed items to welcome life and found a crayon. With a weak grasp on the crayon and an even weaker grasp on life, she wrote “Created with love, not death.”.

With one blink, she was there...

With one more, she was still there...

With one last blink, she was gone...

Nothing left now than her deadbeat father. When it came to naming time, Father Sealand “really” went out of his way; looked around the room, a box of crayons, the same one used earlier... “Crayola Sealand” the widower mumbled.

At school, Crayola was a target by most other attendees; weapon of choice was usually crayons and unfortunately their aim was on spot. Over even a few days, she accumulated enough colors to draw a bright rainbow... a depiction far from how she was feeling. 

At home, Crayola was the only person left for her father. Father Sealand blamed her for the death of his wife, treated her as nothing more than a killer that came with a monthly check that he, without a care, used for himself and nothing more. Drunken by the beers payed with Crayola’s benefits was enough to keep this killer inside and alive... 

Crayola was never quite the artist at first but overtime and with her “arsenal”, a collection of thrown art supplies she humorously called, she became something any mother would be proud of... alive or dead. 

Local businesses in this small town Crayola lived in recognized her talent and gave her the opportunity to finally care for herself somewhat. Over one summer, she earned enough money to buy a computer that she looked as a tool and nothing more... she was completely shortsighted on this. Beyond heightening her art potential, she finally found some source of happiness from a friend she met after finishing a very close battle of her favorite shooter “Dead By Guns” with an impressive K.D. of 0.27!

Her name, WizardToot, well, her actual name Casey T. quickly became Crayola’s best friend. Together they lurked on many virtual adventures, even defeating the negativitrons with a few lives to spare. Casey was the reason of Crayola’s proudest work; an aquarelle of two girls hugging. It helped her forget the distance and helped her focus on the happiness.

One night, with one too many drinks, drunken and angry Father Sealand barged in Crayola’s bedroom. He couldn’t sleep through her laughter; something unfamiliar and displeasing to him and he made this very clear. Just as he was about to leave, he saw it... the aquarelle... nearly puked when he mistakenly thought it was a depiction of the woman he loves hugging this worthless killer. This enraged him. after throwing Crayola off her chair, while she lied there scared, he started destroying everything that made her “Her” with repeated screaming of the phrase “You killed her!”... He destroyed everything, from her arsenal, to her computer and even her proudest work; he left her with nothing again and locked her up from everything. 

Crayola’s health was quickly deteriorating as she cried in what was once Her... everything was destroyed besides an empty canvas, an opportunity to maybe feel happiness again...? Nothing to work with besides her blood, she promptly got to work and recreated her proudest work and gave it the fitting title “created by love, not death”. 

Across the room, she looked at it.

With one blink, it was there...

With one more, it was still there...

With one last blink, she was somewhere else. 

Power: Fatal Morgana

Press the power button to activate Fatal Morgana when in sight of a survivor.

• When Fatal Morgana is activated, a ring of duplicates surrounds the survivor abide by same distance when activated. 
  • During Fatal Morgana, The Artist can take life of one of her many creations and break into a fast rushed attack.
  • Survivors can cancel Fatal Morgana by spotting The Artist among her duplicates. This will cause her duplicates to be destroyed in a splash of colors leaving only her and maybe cause a short stun. 

(Ideally, this will put tremendous stress on survivors as they try to escape while also trying to spot the real amongst the fake; indicated by the blood leaking from her wrist.)

The Artist comes with three perks:

Agglutination

Using even the infectious blood of the others against your newest line of prey. 

Up to 2/3/4 uses per trial, after hooking a survivor for the first time, they suffer from Agglutination. While affected, the entirety of skill checks are layered with corruption. Hitting the corruption layer will cause regression and lessens the corruption layer on skill checks.

(Corruption layer is lessened from earliest to latest)

Betrayal 

When you can’t tell the difference from good to evil, there’s no hope.

Through the perspective of your pray, any other survivor beyond 32m will appear as the killer. 3/2/1 second(s) of observation of a masked survivor will reveal their aura to killer.

A Merciful Lie

They have no idea how they manage to get out of that alive but a haunting feeling still lurks, as if this is just the beginning.

By letting a survivor who was hooked in the last 30 seconds escape your wrath, A Merciful Lie is applied. If said injured survivor heals to healthy state, their aura will be shown to you for 45/60/unlimited seconds. A Merciful Lie is removed if engaged with.

Unknown survivor / Bonus

Perk ideas include:

P-Jelly

You work hard for the money and tend to only get greasy stuff... maybe it can be of use somehow?

While injured, repairing a generator causes deafness and heals you at a 50%/75%/100% conversion rate.

Big Boned

Destroying helps but repurposing seems good, too. 

Destroying 4/3/2 totems will grant you an instant healing action on a fellow survivor. 

I feel strongly about this one in particular for there is currently no incentive to cleanse totems besides to remove the possibility of NOED. 

Fiddler

If only I were a rich man... Rusty and poorly made but enough to fix my favorite toy.

Unlocks the ability to consume brown/yelllow/green items to respectively add 50%/75%/100% charges to currently held item. 

Fumigation

Sometimes a sacrifice needs to be made and I’ll do whatever it takes to not be said sacrifice. 

After repairing a generator for 20 seconds, Fumigation becomes active. When activated with secondary action while on generator, Fumigation will set the generator back to 0% and cause a blinding smoke to emit from generator for 5/6/7 seconds. 

The idea behind this weird perk is that there is currently no perk equivalent to a flashlight/fire cracker. Toolbox, med-kit, map and key have a perk equivalent. 

Four eyes

You don’t see that? Here, you can borrow these... Be sure to bring them back after you’re done. 

Unlocks the ability to share aura readings with 1/2/3 survivors within 8m. This effect persists on other Survivors for 15 seconds after leaving the effective perk range.

Thank you!

Post edited by HomemadePoopie on

Comments

• dsiistrange_3000
    dsiistrange_3000 Member Posts: 4

Would love to see how she’s handles in an actual game

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

You need to define what is a survivor spotting the real artist. Is it a point at the killer?

Agglutination: Sounds good but you need to clarify how long it lasts for. I'd say 30 seconds.

Betrayal: I have no idea how this perk works.

A Merciful Lie: It's a bit strong at the minute. I think it should only work for 30 seconds after since it would be really strong on killers like nurse and billy.

P-Jelly: I see what your trying to do but I don't think it's that good. I'd rather run self care or being a med kit instead. Maybe have it show your aura to the killer at 30/40/50% healed. Gives you enough heal while giving the killer enough time to react.

Fiddler: I really like the idea of this perk. At least brown items won't be left in chests forever. I think it would be a bit too much having it give 100% for a bad brown item. I think it should be 50% for brown, 75% for yellow and 100% for green item.

Fumigation: This would be a really annoying troll perk. I think it should only work once per trial and it should only work when the generator is below 20/30/40% completed.

Big Boned: I think killers would cry about this but I think it's a good idea. Should only heal one health state and should only work on dying state survivors.

Four Eyes: Could work really well with some aura reading builds. Although it shouldn't persist for 15 extra seconds incase the survivor has object of obsession.

For your survivor perks I'd personally take Fiddler, Fumigation and Four eyes. Hope the feedback was helpful.

• HomemadePoopie
    edited June 2019

Feedback! Aw, f***yeah!

Agglutination will persists throughout the trial after being hooked. Basically Hex: Ruin but the overlay causing regression on the skill check will lessens with each hit. At first, it’s unavoidable but after some “corrupted/regression” skill checks, the layer lessens.

Betrayal is basically a perk equivalent to the immensely suggested doppelgänger killer. Basically, from the survivor’s perspective, any other survivor beyond 32m will appear as the killer. By looking at a masked survivor, their aura will be revealed to the killer. 

I think A Merciful Lie is in a good place. It’s an anti-tunneling perk with big rewards. Instead of tunneling down an unhook, let the poor bastard escape and after they heal, their aura will be revealed. 

P-Jelly at a 50% conversion rate seems too weak while 100% conversion rate seems too strong. Not too happy with this and would love to hear anymore suggestions if you have any! :) 

That’s exactly how I wish Fiddler should work. I’ll have to adjust the description because I can see how easily someone can read it that way. The replenishment stays the same with only the compatibility differing amongst the tiers.

I really love the suggestion on Fumigation and will definitely adjust it! I don’t want to encourage any toxicity. 

I’ll try my best to better describe her ability.

The entirety of the interaction should take only a few seconds.

After activating the ability in chase, a ring of duplicates will appear around the survivor and the killer must quickly pick amongst the duplicates to occupy. (Perhaps like a weapon wheel)

After occupying, a few things happen; 

• Your position can be determined by a survivor from the subtle bleeding from the wrist. (This should be difficult.)
    • The killer can now perform an immediate ambush like attack from where they’ve occupied in the ring. 
    • The ambush attack will cause a directional sound/scream to be emitted. Revealing your position on attack. 
    • The survivor can stop the attack by turning the camera in the direction of the killer but should be impossible under right circumstances; Like, a complete turn around of the camera. 
    • If the survivor does manage to spot you before getting hit, the killer will stop and perform a wrist slitting stun of 2/3 seconds. 
    • The duplicates will be destroyed in a splash of color afterwards. 

Basically Hag + Spirit in a way. 

Hopefully I described her well enough and if you have any suggestions, please don’t hesitate! :)

Thank you for your feedback, CashelP14!

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

No worries lol I just try and give feedback to others in the hope they'd do the same for me. Also i love reading the abilities and especially the perks.

P-Jelly i think should still keep it 100% conversion now but dont show your aura till your at 30/40/50% health.

• HomemadePoopie

Yeah, my favorite part is the perks. Your chapter has some really great perks :)

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

Just saw this! Really nice concept!

• Icbell
    Icbell Member Posts: 9

Love the whole idea! You're really good at coming up with good perks and storylines!

• HomemadePoopie
    edited July 2019

Thanks! I feel like the story is pretty cheesy at points but I’m quite happy with most of the perks :) I thought of a few new perks and will probably add them to the chapter

Post edited by HomemadePoopie on