The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Get this to peanits, i wanna see his response

Aiden0715
Aiden0715 Member Posts: 24
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

So devs, we have this conversation again( if i actually get a reply to this from peanits) this game has gotten worse over time. If you can go a single game without a stupid bug your pretty lucky, i know there is like 3-4 good players in the dev team so they probably dont know, at red ranks if you make a few mistakes it can cost you the game, i cant count how many times ive been playing and end up dead or have maybe 1 or 2 kills just from bad mechanics or bugs. I played a game against a ghostface a few days that would just crouch under an object when i got close to revealing him but he was able to expose me and i couldnt reveal him. Why is this even a thing who actually saw this and said this would be ok, ghostaface just has a bad idea for his power, picture this, you load into a game as survivor, you jump on a gen and a few seconds later ghostface comes from around the corner in stealth, you run away without being hit but he just chases you in stealth, you cant take him out of stealth but he just exposes you after maybe 20 seconds, what do you do in that situation, even if you run to a loop the hitboxes are so inconsistent that you can be hit after you throw down the pallet. Or in a killer game where i was playing billy and there were three gens left to be done and three survivors left i found one and broke a pallet and caught him out in the open i hit him with my chainsaw but nothing happened. I got a pretty common bug for billy where you hit a saw and the survivor doesnt die called a phantom saw or ghost saw whatever, i then left the survivor because they ran to a strong setup for chases i found 2 more people i got ghost saws on both, three ghost saws in a row in the same game. Obviously i only got one kill when i shouldve had 4, all these scenarios happened recently and i can just remember off the top of my head these ghost saws happen a lot and in red ranks it costs the game sometimes. I know there are a lot more glitches for other killers, im a billy main so only really experience ghost saws. @Peanits

Comments

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Just do a @Peanits in you post and it will tag them.

• Aiden0715
    Aiden0715 Member Posts: 24

Because you just rely on him mess up, there is nothing i can do to reveal him on my own terms. He will just keep stalking for a second and then i block LOS and we do the same thing until he exposes me and i die and it doesnt take long for him to expose in that scenario so its not like im wasting much time

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

It is not.

Ghostface was in stealth crouched next to me, we literally were crouching watching each other nose to nose, 0 meters apart, he was in the middle of my screen, basically half of screen was him. I tried to turn my camera at different angles to make reveal sound even appear, and nothing, I could not reveal him sitting next to him. He was revealed by another survivor who was working on gen 10 meters away.

Dont even try to tell me I didnt put him in the middle, he was next to me and he wasnt moving.

• gambit92
    gambit92 Member Posts: 58

Just played a ghost face he stalked me got the insta. And i blinded him with a 🔦 and it was gone. Maybe learn to play against him than complain and try new things... I have experienced many bugs at all lately. I really dont understand all the negativity. Funniest part claims game is worse and terrible but player base has risen and you will continue to play and complain. The bad part of this game you guys. Its a casual fing game. Go play overwatch if you want something so competitive and free of bugs. Im sure your response will be as everyone else's saying whatever and they need to do better.

• gambit92

All long rants like this are from players who are mad at one thing they cant do and come to official forums lmao

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Yeah I wouldn't bank on getting anything out of this. Just sounds like you can't figure out how to effectively play against him yet and that's on you.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited July 2019

@gambit92 See, that's the thing. It's obvious Ghostface has counter-play. Yes, it might take some practice and skill-development, but it is there. I don't own him, and haven't been able to have time to play since before the Double BP event (I plan to start again tonight or this weekend), but just from a myriad of posts, it shows that counter-play exists.

Unfortunately, such complaints are too common in games nowadays. Hell, I'm primarily an Overwatch player and have been since its beta. And people still complaint about Brigitte and Doomfist, or about the new hero, Baptiste, and his Immortality Field.

Yet, all of them have counter-play. Except in Overwatch, certain heroes are better counters to other heroes. You need to switch. People won't. They just ######### for nerfs.

I hate to say it, but people just need to learn to play more. And this is coming from a 46-year-old man past his gaming prime who was never, at any point in his life, even close to being a top player.

• aronshade
    aronshade Member Posts: 5

This is a thing, I've experienced this more often then not, and I am a decent runner. I will say this though, ghostface is a lot more fun now that they have tuned him a bit.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

So were tagging mods when things dont go our way now? Interesting.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

This is the reason why the downvote should exist.

• gambit92

Applaud Kilmeran. I've been playing DBD since early times. I mean just missing out on legacy skins myself. I need to start a new discussion but its unbelievable but your right. It's funny how much they complain about a game thats working hard to get new experiences and content. I see post about killer recover too fast from missed hits. Um look up machinegun builds from about a year and a half ago. Killers had no cool down. The nurse started with 3 BLINKS 3 base! It was a total nightmare. Now something like mettle of man got nerfed quick. I thought it was broken but they changed it. There was 3 to 4 pallets in certain jungle gyms alone. Instablinds. It was a total nightmare for both sides. Now with end game collapse which is a great idea. And plenty other improvements to a growing casual game. Give it a rest. The devs are working and alot harder than other casual games. Most games dont even have an official forum. I just find it very hard to believe. People wanting every little thing changed and fixed to their preference. Put your time in and learn.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Tbh, yes the reveal mechanic of GF is actually a joke because it doesn't work as it should be. You literally puke him in the face but you don't reveal him, happens to often imo. And it can be abused by killers because as GF you can do always: stalk, go in cover, stalk, go in cover, ... until you exposed the survivor and he can do nothing about it especially with tryhard addons. Ofc when you play against a potatoe GF you will almost always reveal him.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

U know if u posted a vid of this happening to u people would see what's going on.

Vid or it didn't happen