The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stranger Things Crossover in Fortnie, is DbD next?

Okapi
Okapi Member Posts: 839
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Well for those of you who are not in the know, Netflix recently teased back during E3 that they working with multiple game companies. This included Behvaiour.

MCote responded with his own tweet. MCote is the head of DbD and partnerships. That means he is directly involved in getting licensed content into the game.

Well Epic just revealed their collaboration is a Stranger Things crossover with Fortnite. Could the same happen with DbD? No other Netflix owned horror related IP is as big as Stranger Things. What or who else but the Demogorgon would they put in DbD as a killer?

Comments

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

Id honestly love it if they did a crossover something cool they could do if they cant get rights for the demogorgon as a killer would be nice if hag could get a demogorgon skin but a killer would BE JUST as awesome IMO

• Okapi

A Hag skin would not work. The Demogrgon is like 6-7 feet tall. The Hag is too short. Besides I doubt either Behaviour or Netflix would want to mix their creations like that.

The Demogorgon would make for an insanely unqiue killer, being able to travel through the Upside Down, run on all four legs, and maybe bring survivors into the Upside Down world through portals. It would be waste for it to be just a skin.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

They should do the kids mom and then give her a goth skin but it's actually a Lydia skin from JuicyBeetle.

• Okapi

I doubt we will see the kids. Behvaiour has stated they don't want their game to be involved with the killing of children.*

Their is also the issue of potential child survivors being 1-2 feet shorter than Meng who is our shortest survivor. This would pose issues for animations and moris.

*Technically some survivors like Laurie are legally children (under 18) but they are all teens.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

Yeah I know.. I want Winona so they can Lydia her up.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

They could make a "teen" Eleven, I think she would be cool as survivor.

• Kazrot
    Kazrot Member Posts: 4

Steve would be a great survivor. I'm super excited to see what comes of their collab.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

Is no one going to talk about the fact that Stranger Things also got a crossover with Roblox?

I'm super excited. Roblox and Fortnite both had a crossover with Stranger Things, so I think it's obvious that either Deathgarden OR DbD will have the epic crossover with Stranger Things. Demigorgen obvious killer, but I'm certainly curious on survivor, or if we (sadly) don't get one.

• Okapi

Their won't be a crossover with Deathgarden. MCote has nothing to do with that game. The game is also a FPS set in a dystopian Hunger games future. Stranger Things would not fit at all with it.

Not to mention it has been nowhere as successful as DbD. A Stranger Things crossover with DbD would attract the attention of millions while a Deathgarden crossover would only garner the eyes of thousands.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

No thanks

• Niitosky
    Niitosky Member Posts: 329

with the confirmation of the collaboration between fortnite and stranger things, we can hypothesize that if there will be a chapter, the survivor will be Hopper :)

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

Please no. Give a break from licenced chapters and characters. We allready have a lot of them in game. Give me something original and fresh, thanks.

• liviu1911
    liviu1911 Member Posts: 150

well if it's a crossover thing, it means that dbd characters will go on stranger things too? how about seeing trapper there...

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

Before Ash we had a whole damn year without any licensed characters. Ash goes with Ghost Face in regards to fleshing out the roster so we've only had 1 full licensed chapter in the last year and a quarter. Licensed chapters are good for the game and they bring in a ton of new players. The Devs doing a Stranger Things chapter would be a goldmine.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

Not that kind of crossover. More so just a licensed chapter, less Jimmy-Timmy Power Hour type dealio.

• Kimura
    Kimura Member Posts: 40

Easy, instead of the kids, just use Hopper, if that doesn't complicate things in terms of the fortnite crossover. I can already see some sort of perk for him.

"Perk: Natural Intuition

You can tell when something's off. When inside the killer's terror radius and not in a chase, you see the auras of lit totems and untouched generators for 6/8/10 seconds."

Personally I like the idea of a stranger things chapter.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited July 2019

The jokes on all of us, we're actually getting a Hemlock Grove chapter!

Fits the horror theme more, isn't as popular, and regarding stranger things, Netflix already got in bed with the Fortnite devs who now have a solid license agreement. I wouldn't be surprised if we get Hemlock Grove, Bird Box, The Silence, Sabrina, or even I Am Mother instead of what we really want.

Although I wouldn't mind an in-game adaptation of one of the Love Death+Robots shorts, some of those were pretty nifty.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

I love Stranger Things, its genuine characters, the strength of their boldness, friendship, heroism and loyalty, the awesome, isolated town, surrounded by large fields and dark woods, and the Upside Down dimension with its horrific monsters. **

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2019

Never even heard of Stranger Things until now, dont plan on watching it and this would be a DLC I just skip over.