Comments

• lindenis
    lindenis Member Posts: 60
    Options

Nope, it's actually fine now :D

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

It was nice while it lasted. Guess we'll have to wait months again for it to be looked at.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

Taking stridor off my Nurse build again. Useless once more due to broken sounds. Going back to Shadowborne/Monitor and Abuse due to not being able to friggin using the sounds for anything.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Did they seriously? With the hotfix?

• MegIsMyWaifu
    MegIsMyWaifu Member Posts: 19
    Options

Nah man. You just want to catch Survivors by sound. Too easy.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Sounds are fine..... they do need to adjust something's though some are missing but they are not as...... how do I say?? I guess critical.... I'm going to be playing tonight and I'll come back to this thread and list the sounds that are missin, I'm on ps4..........I can still hear em/survivors during chases, the music doesnt overwhelm everything like it did prior to 3.0... breathing I can finally hear mainly when they/ survivors are running...

• tehshadowman33
    Options

You can't even hear pain grunts with Stridor now, when you're literally two feet from an injured survivor.

Broken. Game. Doesn't. Work.

They weren't even using No Mither or Iron Will.

• tehshadowman33
    edited July 2019
    Options

Exactly. Tracking by breathing is the only real counter Killers have against super immersed survivors that don't want to do generators.

I'm sorry, but stealth doesn't have a place in this game. Go play Death Garden or Metal Gear Solid if you want to pretend to be a lawn ornament and never move.

If I come within 2 meters of you, I am entitled to know of your presence due to you breathing. That's how this game works. That's how the designers intended the game to work. Arguing anything else is pointless as the game is not designed around stealth and never was.

If you've been RUNNING, and STOP. I'm supposed to hear you from even further away, around 3 or 4ish meters.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

As killer you should be able to hunt by visual and audio 50/50. I always did. And i'm pretty sure it's also intended by BHVR. And yes, sounds are fine for the most part now. But maybe it's just me using Beyerdynamic 990 Pro (Stereo) with an Astro Mix Amp (with virtual 5.1).

I think what most people are saying is that the chase music is to loud, and that's defintly true. To be honest, it was way to quit with the last patch. But now it seems just as loud as before (even when they say it should be quiter). Still i have no problem to pinpoint injured survivors... when not in a chase.

My advice would be to lower the chase music by 50%. That way the music would be still there (as it is also important to have music at all). Or just give us the slider, but only from 50%-100%. That way nobody can have an unfair advantage.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696
    Options

They are fixed right, even as a killer main I can hear survivors a lot better, or maybe its me just making myself to hear it more

• tehshadowman33
    Options

I tested the sound on surround sound configuration (supposedly the hotfix was just for this).

It doesn't even work properly on 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.

You almost can't hear generators unless you're looking at them. You can't hear survivor footsteps while in a chase.

Sound is completely messed up.

This needs to be rolled back to 3.0.1 NOW!

• tehshadowman33
    Options

It's completely inconsistent if Stridor works during a chase.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

i think we need a slider for chase music, it sounded fine after the 3.0.1 patch now it's like they don't want us to hear footsteps in chase

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272
    Options

Tell us more about your sound system also on which frequency ranges did you set your ears…

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options

I'm sorry but having to take my headphones off every time I hook a survivor, or AM hooked as survivor or even spectate someone as they're hooked is not good gameplay. I generally hear grunts of pain if I hit someone and am in their vicinity, so I don't have problems with much else, but that scream on the hook is killing my eardrums. I don't agree with a sound slider as that allows killers to abuse things like removing chase music while hearing everything, or something like that(Unless other sounds are on the same slider). But I do think something needs to be done.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

if i can hear everything out of chase i should be able to in chase. It's just about inconsistency to that end. Idc if they just have it where it was at 3.0.1 chase music at the lowest just let me hear breathing and footsteps before they updated the engine is all i ask.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options

@TKTK Couldn't you just look away for a sec and then it'd be back to you being "out of chase". I mean it's not the most optimal thing but it is a counter.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    Options

@tehshadowman33 what exactly do you mean? It was perfect (chase music very low) then they raised up the chase music again and NOW its even worse? #########, why?

• tehshadowman33
    edited July 2019
    Options

Chase music is deafening once more. You can't hear anything survivors are doing during chase. Completely ridiculous.

KEEP IN MIND. FERAL FRENZY DEAFENS YOU TO SURVIVOR ACTIONS. ALL OTHER KILLERS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DEAF DURING A CHASE.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

People: The chase music is a bit loud, can you turn it down a bit

BHVR: Turns it down to a 1*

People: Okay now it's too quiet. Turn it up only a BIT

BHVR: Turns it up to 11*

People: sighs*

• Tawnieeee
    Tawnieeee Member Posts: 32
    Options

Wait - how can you say stealth has no place in this game?! There are various perks specifically designed to help stealth. That's like people claiming that camping was never intended to be a viable strategy, even though Insidious is a perk. Stealth is one of the most important aspects for survivors imo.

• mosheon970
    mosheon970 Member Posts: 215
    Options