THE REVOLUTION we need.

Options
LordziPL
LordziPL Member Posts: 590
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

What was better? Small fixing patches every 2-4 days and sometimes random Chase Music or free map patch or Big Fixing Patch every 1,5 month?

Bring back pre-2.0.0 updates.

2.0.0 and 2.1.0 was awesome but waiting more than month for big bug fix is ridicoulous.

Updates like 1.3.0, 1.4.0 , 1.4.2, 1.5.0, 1.5.2, 1.5.3 was awesome!

The best update I saw before 2.0.0 is 1.7.0 <3

Is it possible after 4.0.0? @Peanits

Post edited by LordziPL on

Comments

• Riddick
    Riddick Member Posts: 121
    Options

Waiting time for fixes seems way too long in my opinion as well. I'll go along with this request as well.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,029
    Options

I dont think "fixes" should really require waiting for a mid-chapter patch. Thats what hotfixes are for.

• LordziPL
    Options

We all know Hotfixes sucks and resolve only mini-bugs.

In 40 day of waiting, we have 2-4 hotfixes. The most buggy patch - 2.4.0 wasn't hotfixed.

We need old patch system.

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Patches#Patch1.7.0-_14_September_2017

Look at this, 1.7.0 happened 8 days after a 'Hotfix'

I know it was probably planned some time before 1.6.3 but...

They did a lot of hotfixes before that patch. And 90% of old Hotfixes - balanced some things.

With bigger team they can do this Old System even better.

• LordziPL
    Options

pre-2.0.0 big patches was something like Mid-Chapters but without 2 or 3 useless Hotfixes. They updated the game in every week, adding a balance.

• LordziPL
    Options

@anarchy753 YES! That's what I mean. Old Hotfixes were awesome. Balance, fast bug fix, N O S I L E N C E before the big update.

@Peanits

Can you tell the team something about this Discussion?

Your team is growing, so you can make the old system better.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

I prefer small patches over big ones in multiplayer games. Big patches carry always the danger with them, to go to far (like the Legion patch).

Imo it would be better, to make small patches and go from it then a step forward or back.

In single player games however, I like big patches more, but there are usually no balance issues.

• LordziPL
    edited July 2019
    Options

2.4.0 was the buggiest thing I saw (they DIDN'T HOTFIXED 2.4.0 and rushed all in also buggy as hell - 2.5.0

@Talmeer Absolutely agree! Small balance patches are better.

Community, do you want a some bug fixes once a month or bug fixing every 2-3 days?

• LordGlint
    Options

@LordziPL Bug fixes as required. I dont get why this game feels the need to address 50 problems at 1 time while other games can address each problem individually and fix them quickly.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

This may be that they are trying to maintain update parity with console. You can't patch as often on console due to the cost of the certification process.

• LordziPL
    Options

@LordGlint Exactly!

@Redd I disagree. After console release, they updated the game often.

• LordGlint
    Options

@Redd While large updates, such as adding new content and maps DOES require certification, developers are still free to preform hotfixes. Ive seen this many many times while playing warframe on Xbox 1. A message in red text would appear at the bottom of the screen announcing what is getting fixed as well as instructions to restart the game to download the hotfix.

• LordziPL
    Options

I'm PC player but good to know what's happening in Xbox One <3

• LordziPL
    Options

bump

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156
    Options

The way i see it its like a business model, they fix stuff right before or slightly after they get some money from new content.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I didn't know people viewed frequent, small updates as a problem.

It's so quick.

And if it isn't, i just do something else in the meantime.

• LordziPL
    Options

Small Updates are better than one big.

• LordziPL
    Options

@Peanits All of us want Old Update System <3

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 498
    Options

We all know that with Bugfixes, new Bugs are introduced. But still, the sooner Bugs are fixed, the sooner Feedback can be provided. Also, new Bugs will be spotted much fast if the Fixes go live earlier and aren't bundled into the midchapter patch.

So, yeah. Shorten that cycle.