The Freddy Rework will not be OP and here is why.

tavdogg11
tavdogg11 Member Posts: 59
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

I believe that Freddy will be a decent killer for once, but since there are going to be a lot of people who say that Freddy is OP just because you haven't got used to him, let me say rn that although he might be better than most killers, that doesn't mean he is going to be OP.

The first thing is the ability to attack survivors whenever he needs to. This is a good buff that helps him in the long run. This does not make him overpowered, as this ability allows him to attack survivors as a normal killer should do. If he can't fight when he needs to due to a survivor being in the real world, then he can't do anything about it. Besides being somewhat invisible, you can see him and hear him plenty to know where he might be at in a chase, even if it's not 100% clear.

Second thing is that Freddy can place dream snares similar to how the hag works, but instead it slows down survivors. This isn't overpowered because it requires you to pull the survivors into the dream to be actually useful, and all it does is help with the chase, similar to some of the best killers, but it's more of a simple debuff that requires you to think like a trapper, which is important to mind games. Which I am about to describe below.

His teleportation ability is NOT A NURSE 2.0. Rather it's weaker than the nurse for multiple reasons. For one it's a long charge to get the ability, even when everyone is dreaming. Second, even with the ability charged, he had to take a few seconds to use it, it's noticable by survivors, and can only be used on gens. What is the best thing about it is the mind games, and this Freddy Rework is going to help in the mind games.

The reasons he is going to be more about mind games is that he uses a trap ability, fake pallets, semi invisible, and that he can fake a teleport, allowing him to trick survivors and slow them down while pallet looping.

To make it short, I believe while he isn't going to be a Nurse 2.0, he is a better killer that is about mind games. I believe that it is best to observe him rather than listen to the survivors, due to them always thinking every killer is OP, and we should give him a chance to be in the spotlight for once, to see if he is better this way, and if not what should we adjust for him.

Thanks for reading this. I might not be a player of the game, but I love observing and hope I can play with you all soon. :)

Post edited by tavdogg11 on

Comments