Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Which killer is the hardest for you to play against?

Carlosylu
Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

For me:

1° A camper Cannival

2° Michael Myers (if they know how to use him, cause of his reach)

Comments

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Either a 'good' (see: has more an 1 hour on them) Nurse since there's no counterplay there;

or Ghostface because the reveal is buggy as all hell.

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183
    edited July 2019

to play against?

Nurse, she has zero counterplay.

to play as

has to be spirit. she litterally can't see the survivors when you use her ability

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Spirit because I never run into them and when I do they have prayer beads :/

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

For me:

1.) Leatherface, I just can't dodge his chainsaw easily, and the face campers are the worst.

2.) HillyBilly, I can dodge him a few times, but scary with the pressure that he can just find you instantly with Barbecue and Chili.

3.) Plague, when survivor teammates CLEANSE. And I DON'T cleanse.

4.)Trapper. I just for some reason am vulnerable to the traps more often, I feel to pressure with Trappers, all of my Trappers are smart killers.

5.) Hag, when teammates DON'T CROUCH. (SWF, I was saving some new players teammates I friended, they claimed to know to crouch walk, but they wouldn't. Ever. I died.)

Basically just listed the killers with the highest chances of killing me XD

6.) If you ever see me as a survivor, you have a 88% chance of killing me. Unless it is Coldwind Farm, then you have an 80% chance. If you are playing a killer that is fun to me you still have a decent chance, maybe around 70%. But still, you are guaranteed to have at least a 95% to get a 1K if you see me in your lobby. I suck at chases most of the times, so please don't tunnel or camp me ;-;

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,214

It would have to be Spirit for the exact reason I suck at Survivor.

She gives me so much anxiety and I have a mental breakdown. I think I've only escaped her about 4 times.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Trapper.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

@Ember_Hunter Leatherface is so easy to loop, when would you need to really dodge his chainsaw?

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Hag, Nurse for me personally is easy to juke and predict.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

I’ve actually been seeing a lot of really good nurses at high ranks on console, it’s actually amazing, I love playing against nurses because they are so rare, they might take a lot longer to learn but once they slay, they slay. I’ve been really impressed lately.

Personally don’t find any extremely hard but least favourite is probably...trapper, I have trap PTSD so I tend to avoid window vaults hard, I only use loops/windows if I’m desperate and they’re going to almost hit me anyway might as well take the risk especially if they darken traps. Worst thing is rarely do two trappers play the same so one may trap loops a lot, one may put down random traps and not trap loops, and each is tricking your adaptation for the next trapper.

• Nargatron
    Nargatron Member Posts: 3

I personally hate playing against Spirit. Not because of her ability, but the way she moves. She like moves around or ‘glitches’ and sometimes it can be difficult to mind-game (her body will ‘glitch’ to the left but she is really going right)

My favorite killer to play against is the nurse. I maybe a little biased here because she is who I play as Killer. I play a more stealthy and immersed style as a survivor and if you are running Spine Chill you get a nice warning. On the chance you do get caught don’t pallet loop. Not a lot of players understand that the nurse was Put in the game when pallet loops were crazy long and they were a lot of pallets on every map. They put her in to counter that. Also if you try to loop her she will just blink through. The nurse isn’t someone you can pallet loop until you get enough distance to run away. You have to outsmart her and loose her in a jungle gym or corn field.

If you get caught by her try to break line of sight and stay away from pallet loops even if you are sure you can stun her. She’ll just blink after you to catch up. When you break line of sight still move unpredictably. If the nurse is blinking after you and have dead hard try to get her to swing then dead hard away.

The best thing you can do is avoid being found. Most nurses understand how to the nurse every well. She is one of my favorites to go up against because most of the players playing her know what they are doing and it is fun to have a challenge.

Sorry for the long comment. I saw other people in the thread saying they were having trouble playing against the nurse.

• Diiah01
    Diiah01 Member Posts: 4

All of them 😂 I’m clearly bad at surviving.

But if I have to name one, I’d say the spirit.

• NIC0LASB0URBAKI
    NIC0LASB0URBAKI Member Posts: 4

Basically everyone who's a camper, doesn't matter what killer they play as, lmao.

But other than that, I hate playing against the Witch because of the jumpscares. Like, I've never been a fan of those anywhere so they basically give me a heart attack whenever they happen and make me want to close my laptop and throw it out of the window.

The Shape, but I'm just biased here because whenever I come across this killer, he turns out to be a camper.

Hag, but not because she's hard to play against, I just really hate this killer.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Clown

Plague

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186

Trapper.

Can't enjoy a good chase without clenching your butt cheeks and praying there isn't a beartrap between you and that vault/pallet.

• CaphnYT
    CaphnYT Member Posts: 41

Definitely the doctor. He makes hiding a lot harder and he makes doing gens harder because of the more difficult skill checks. Just overall puts a lot of pressure on survivors.

• Zertix
    Zertix Member Posts: 122

The hardest to go against assuming the player is really good: 1) Nurse. 2) spirit. 3) Hillbilly

My most favorite killer to go against is Hillbilly.

Killers I hate the most: trapper and hag.

• Ember_Hunter
    edited July 2019

I suck at loops and often times find myself in an open space when the chainsaw starts XD

I have dodged it a couple of times by driving into corners or fast vaulting in time, but most of the time, I get downed easily XD

• ewlioness
    ewlioness Member Posts: 4

The clown for sure. Only escaped him once. he’s always the killer I’m least expecting and he’s not played enough to gain good experience with.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

For me, the map I'm playing on is very important. I can handle certain killers better depending on the map.

Generally speaking, I would say the hardest killer for me to play against is Spirit. If you aren't using Iron Will, I have no idea how you're supposed to juke them. Might be better if the devs removed Spirit's ability to see grass moving.

I used to do poorly against Huntress, but I've gotten a lot better at handling Huntress.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited July 2019

Huntress. Her hitboxes are completely broken and when combined with peer-to-peer favoring the host, most of my 'what the #########, that hit?' moments from fighting her. I've seen clips of hatchets going completely wide of their target and somehow still hitting. Somehow. BVHR never learned how to code proper hitboxes, I guess. Shrug.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

This might be SLIGHTLY sarcastic but the most difficult killer I generally face are my own teammates. Nothing, besides my own occasional mistakes, kills me faster then the action or inaction of my own teammates. Generally, P3 Claudettes are the worst offenders of this fact.

• rantypaid
    rantypaid Member Posts: 41

The plague, I have no clue how to dodge her puke.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

The Camper. Hard to stave off the boredom.

• Chantashany
    Chantashany Member Posts: 12

For me ... the clown is really hard to play against or the doctor.Killers that block or slow vaults are the best counters against me! :'D

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Spirit.

i hate unpredictable killers... xD

• Im2Shrewd
    Im2Shrewd Member Posts: 77

Instasaw Hillbilly, The Spirit(esp prayer beads), Iridescent Huntress, The top tiers really.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

I am tied with two killers. The first one is Spirit. She teleports/glitches whenever she walks which can make it difficult to mindgame at times. On top of that, she doesn't have a vault animation, so it gets a little annoying if I don't know that she is going through the window. The other killer, and I know this will be surprising, is Wraith. I don't run Spine Chill or Premonition so not having the terror radius to judge when I should get off the gen really screws me over regardless of what rank I'm playing in. After he pops up, I typically panic which leads to him getting a free hit.

• Teh_DuuuDe
    Teh_DuuuDe Member Posts: 37

Stealth killers use to annoy me but now it's Trapper and Hag. The paranoia is real.

• wichael_wyers
    wichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

Not sure if I'm boosted and stupid, but Clowns mess with me. A lot of people don't really play him (thank God), but almost any Clown I've gone against can really make a loop feel wasted. Anyone got tips against Clowns, btw?

• Juetts7
    Juetts7 Member Posts: 11

Any killer that can insta down.

Ghostface

Myers

Huntress (with insta down axes)

*I feel so cheated when I get downed in one shot. Doesn't make the match more interesting for adding extra pressure. Just feels cheap. With that being said, I'm sure it feels cheap when you've chased a survivor around the map; finally downed them and then they D-strike. Guess we all have our things to contend with*

• Nea_Death_Experience
    Nea_Death_Experience Member Posts: 316

Plague is boring and I hate it. She needs a balance to lessen her difference in strength between her normal and vile vomit. Cleansing is an easy game because then everyone has to cleanse so she has 3 more pools.

No one obeys dont cleanse to the end

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Clown and Trapper. Clown because his bottles give me a migraine and forced slow vaults. Even if you're running in a perfectly straight line towards a window you'll still get a slow vault and it's dumb IMO.

Trapper just seems overall very fast and on top of that he has his traps that block off loops that annoy me also.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Hillbilly. His saw is practically autoaim with the cleave/auto trigger at point blank. I have a much easier time against Nurse, since she doesn't get free instant downs like this.

Spirit - I don't know if it's bugged, but her Phasing sound doesn't play when you're too close to her, so mind games at pallets are 100% in her favor against me. Also, every time I remove Iron Will is when I face one and get tunneled to death.

Trapper is rough, but largely because my teammates don't understand that popping 3 gens on one side of the map means all of his traps are on the other. The same thing goes for Myers, and the lack of diligence paid to keeping an eye out for him stalking.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

The killers I find the worst to play against are:

Hag (Bad teammates and... weird trap placements... but hey, that's what you do.)

and

probably

Hillbillies (Hillbilly players tend to focus on survivors who are already injured in my experience. It's the only reason. Juking the chainsaw at loops is easy.)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Her phasing sound doesn’t play if you’re too close to her husk.

• Ember_Hunter

Update:

Hillybully, Hag, Trapper are worst killers to me, so much pressure with these guys! Leatheface is fun now when I can juke him. Hillybilly is also pretty fun now.

So any trap type of killers are hardest for me, though not really Freddy yet. :)

• fly_172
    fly_172 Member Posts: 78

Strangely enough I’m awful playing as, and going against, the Clown. Idk what it is, maybe he’s too thiccc for me to comprehend, but he’s the bane of my existence on either side. I play on console, and I’m pretty sure my nurse is better than my Clown. I can’t even remember the last time I escaped Bozo squared.

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218

Any of the bastards you can't see...

• LadyRahl
    LadyRahl Member Posts: 15

I love playing against the nurse. She’s so easy for me to avoid, and I suck at avoiding everyone. I’m just not good at running when I’m found. It’s super frustratingly.

My least favs are billy and bubba. Those freaking chainsaws man.

i hated the new Freddie for like half a day. Now I’m okay with him outside of that insane reach... and the fact I suck at running away and avoiding them. Seriously, I try to improve at it but I haven’t gotten much better.

i either have a really good run or I’m down in less than 10 seconds.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

Mine is definitely Hillbilly. Frustrating to play against, especially if he is using some charge addons.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Wraith because I seem to just have a magnet in my head because I'm always the first found and I constantly just run face first into him. Part of the reason I run Spine Chill all the time.

Also Clown because I always just ignore the bottle's slow down effects.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,222

Honestly, Ghostface gives me the most trouble because of how frustrating his detection mechanic is. I get really stubborn about trying to reveal him when I know it should be working but it instead defies common sense and I just get exposed. "Hey, I know we've looped this car 3 times, but I'm still stealthed." Sure. He's not even OP. I don't think it's a power level thing. I just think his stealth interaction is nonsensical. Why can he gradually stalk me when I can't gradually reveal him?

I main Spirit so I don't have too much trouble against them. I know what works and what doesn't, and I can typically run them for a while.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

The hardest killers to face are easily Nurse, Spirit, and Billy. I can with Nurse (I’m on PS4) and Spirit (I main her). Billy however I despise going against. It’s typically a short boring chase.

I also hate Ghostface. Any killer that can apply the exposed effect and have a one shot is just super boring to me. Not to mention when he is in a chase he looks like a kid on Christmas Day running downstairs to open all the presents under the tree.

Any other killer I don’t mind. Any killer can facecamp whether it be an Insidious Bubba or a cloaked Wraith.

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

Your reasons are the exact same reasons as to why I hate Spirit, also how she can stand still and get free hits.

I hate Spirit