Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DBD 2

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

If the game had to be built from the ground up once more, with all the previous knowledge from the last installment, what would you do differently?

For myself:

No Hooks

More Hiding Spots

A variety of chase music

Lessen the speed a survivor launches when getting hit.

Map reworked from the get go to nip loops in the bud(Something they had a chance to do earlier when this game came out but failed to do in a timely fashion)

Objectives change as the match progresses. Sometimes you'll need to do a second objective or you will need to stick to Gens. Or you may need to find an item.

And finally you can get downed 3 times, on your final down you get moried or sacrificed a la EGC style.

What about you all?

Comments

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2019

Your "survivors" will be bots or be teams of 20. :)

I'd balance the game around 4 kills, but everyone living for at least 8-15 minutes, and be able to contribute while dead. Survivals should be rare, but dying swiftly and being gen rushed needs to go. Also no looping.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@BadMrFrosty Same for me. I won't buy another Behavior title. It's why I skipped Deathgarden: Bloodharvest after the free weekend, too. I saw the writing on the wall that weekend. Checked the SteamCharts for it. Yep, I was correct.

• Kilmeran

@BadMrFrosty I actually uninstalled the game tonight, and won't be back to the forums after tonight. I'll still keep an eye on the game here and there to see if things improve, but as they stand right now, I just can't support the game and feel no desire to login anymore. BHVR has a lot of work to do, and I simply don't have confidence in them at this point in time.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

That's sad to hear, man. I hope you find something better to play. Good luck to you : )

• Jirinian
    Jirinian Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2019

I doubt DBD has to be REMADE for these changes i.e more hiding spots? Rework maps. Different chase music? Maybe not for original characters but for contract killers like MM the halloween theme instead of the heartbeat, simple update. No more launching when hit? Nerf survivors to stop them launching so far. But hooks doesnt make much sense to me. More map reworks to stop looping, that's every killers worst nightmare. I dont think they'll change the objs however, Dbd has always been gens and losing that loses the feel to the game. It would be cool as a LTM, if they add those, but not as a permanent change. Moris are supposed to be a rare thing, it's always interesting to me to see another survivor die by a mori, or you dying by it, it's unexpected and challenging if they have the ULTRA RARE MORI. There doesnt need to be an ENTIRELY new DBD game. Frankly, DBD is not a sequel game, there's no story other than the story of the Entity, there is no reason to make another DBD game other than money, which Behaviour doesnt seem like the type of company to do that

• Gardenia

Survivors still launch, it's just the speed is slightly reduced, or actually keep it since there aren't hooks.

I say no hooks because it seems tedious to me and takes out some organic moments for Killers.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

Have an objective that isn't boring as hell

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I love the game as it is so I would like:

All the killers and survivors that we have now

Retain the maps but with some kind of algorithm that could make them much more random (such as the shape and size of the map, the different tiles and random loops but staying within parameters to avoid an imbalance of safe/unsafe loops)

Optimise for the new consoles and new graphics cards

Make blood and injuries looks horrific

Bring back fun Legion and classic Freddy.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2019

No

We will need to wait 5-7 years for them to bring all the DBD killer onto DBD 2, as well as all the maps, bug fixes

• Gardenia

Elaborate, because having an idea to either improve or interpret something doesn't make you entitled.

• Gagernator
    Gagernator Member Posts: 2

Ill start by saying there are a few cool ideas in this post however, minus a couple of annoying bugs the game is great. So survivors loop you, if you dont like it control your urges and plan accordingly, you will have plenty other chances to get that survivor other than near the rock. Knowing the killers fov if you cant hide maybe its time to find a different game. The only "bad" mechanics are hooking and the hatch. The hooks are clunky, take away from the feel of the game, are overly camped, and are just an all out bad idea imho. carrying butcher knife, ope i guess ill put you on this hook. The hatch mechanic while i understand its purpose, really just allows people to be lazy. ill make sure this one gen is done and then wait it out

I by no means am condoning looping, camping, or tunneling. The devs arent to blame there, its a community issue.

P3 Killers: MM, TRPR, NRS Survivors: KD

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I'd do a bunch of things:

Remove scratchmarks

Have a lot of physics based objects that can be moved or create noise when running buy it (ex: Sticks that crack loudly if you walk over it without crouching, or cans that would be kicked if you run past it)

Multiple objectives with dynamic map effects

Give Survivors a stamina system mid chase. Once they run out they run at a reduced MS. But increase their base MS.

Have maps be more mazelike but less suited towards looping. Kinda like Larys.

Have a more dynamic perk system (instead of just 4 perks flat have it be more of a token system)

Give Survivors unique ability's.

Replace the entire game with deathguarden bloodhunt

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I don't know if I would buy it to be honest, I'd have to see what they did differently.

Off-Topic: You almost got 2k views on this thread, that's crazy!

• The_Reverse6192
    The_Reverse6192 Member Posts: 1

I'd say fix the hex totem placement. Numerous of times the totems are literally right in the open, survivors spawn on totem or right beside a generator which all survivors will see. Pro Killer

Different variations of chase music for all killers.

Better matchmaking service. Takes way to long to get into a match.

Dedicated servers. I know it's on the way but I think dedicated servers should of been out a long time ago.

Change Noed (No one escapes death), in my opinion it's a cheap way to down all the survivors. I would suggest changing it by making it a hex totem (not a dull totem) at the beginning of the match and it only becomes active to the end or the suggestion I prefer, have an indicator for all survivors regarding how many dull totems are in the match. So Noed will stay as strong as it is but there's a counter. Pro Survivor

After a match, the game shouldn't kick everyone out of your party. I heard this will become in affect soon/next few months.

Fix bugs, glitches and etc. The normal stuff for every video game.

Have different objectives through out the match other than just doing generators.

Better dailies and better mori's especially for older killers. Trapper's, Wraith, Nurse and a few others mori's are just horrible compared to newer killers. Also I think the pig's Mori should involve the reverse bear trap instead of the pig cutting your throat. Just makes more sense to me. Pro Killer

I'd like more maps like the pig map The Game. I love how it changes everytime a generator is completed.

Better graphics and enable voice chat for survivors. Pro survivors

Fix the shrine, basically the same perks always show up every week. Also I believe if you didn't pay for the killer/survivor, his perks shouldn't be available to you in the shrine. That's not fair to people who actually bought the killer/survivor. For example, a lot of the killer mains love bbq and chilli. It's a great perk, it promotes non-camping behavior and gives you extra blood points for going after other survivors but a lot of people aren't a fan of Leatherface. So why should someone who didn't buy Leatherface have access to a perk of his compared to someone who bought Leatherface. That's just my opinion. I see people complaining about it a lot.

Don't get me wrong there is definitely a lot of good things about this game. No game will ever be completely perfect, there will always be an issue (bugs), hacking, negative community or something it has to deal with. I just think they need to fix a few issues to get a lot of there players coming back or newer players more interested. I think that's all the issues I can think of at the moment lol.

• Wubsyy__
    Wubsyy__ Member Posts: 116

Why are killers so fed up with looping? Not only are there only like 2 or 3 killers that don't have anything to do against it with their main abilities (Wraith, Ghostface, and Current Freddy), but even if you're playing one of those three killers, there are several mind games you can play to throw a survivor off, or even if you can't do that, there's bloodlust or just leaving that chase for another.

• Farlan
    Farlan Member Posts: 11

If there’s no hooks, how do survivors get back up when they’re downed? What’s stopping the killer from just standing over them waiting for other survivors to come and get them up? Some of your ideas are understandable but you don’t seem to have put any actual thought into any of them

• Gardenia

You get healed, and maybe not run towards the Survivor on the ground without caution?

• sjayc1
    sjayc1 Member Posts: 9

For starters:

Looping is fine. If your the killer, stop chasing them.

Tunneling is fine. Oh, I just hurt this survivor. I don't want to trigger them by downing them. Let me go find a healthy one.

Face camping by the killer, unless all gens are complete, is not fine. Should be penalized by a 10% speed up to gen repair if the killer doesn't leave a 25 meter radius.

Hooked survivors should receive a penalty once off the hook. 1st time 5% on healing, gen repair, 2nd time 10% on healing, gen repair. Stacks with killer add ons and perks. Thus penalizing the "come hook me while my 3 teammates in chat find ruin" club.

No killer attack cool down while carrying a downed survivor within 5 meters of the hook. Wiggle slowed 2 seconds with successful hit, stacks with mad grit. Thus preventing the "lets take turns blocking the hook" SWF fest.

"Fight Back" perk for survivors. Initiated by survivor, cut scene animation, 3 skill checks. If survivor wins killer is stunned for 5 secs, if killer wins survivor is injured, suffers exhaustion with down timer.

Hatch fix. Hatch should only be available to one remaining survivor after two gens are done, 30 sec delay on opening. Hatch should then only be available once 5 gens are complete, 1 min delay before opening. Thus preventing the most popular form of camping ( survivor mains forget this).

Flashlight blinds: killer has 2 sec window to adjust view while carrying downed survivor, survivor wiggle delayed during window. Once killer is blind, drops survivor, vision is 100% restored with 2 sec stun.

Survivor add ons that reduce exhaustion by 25/50/75%

Killer add ons that reduce successful attack cool down 50/75/100%

Multi-killer/survivor mode with 3 killers, 12 survivors & segregated map. Once 2 hooks are completed by any killer 2nd area available to all, 4 hooks opens entire map. Still requires 15 gens completed, only 2 exit gates, no hatch. Killer invite party so killers can communicate and strategize.

• Farlan

That part I figured out on my own but you ignored my question. What’s stopping the killer from just standing there so you can’t heal the survivor? There’s already enough campers and sluggers in the game as is, let’s not encourage it by making it core killer gameplay

• Gardenia

You can't, if someone wants to camp something they can. I suggested to use caution when approaching a dying Survivor, use better judgement sometimes you just can't help them and they can't be sacrificed until the 3rd down either way so the killer is just wasting time

• Farlan

As for loops, those don’t need to go. They’re essential for survivors to get away from tougher killers, and if you lose the game because you spent 5 minutes chasing one survivor around a loop, that’s your own fault. They’re not that hard to break if you’re good, but if you can’t, just go back on patrol and find someone else, the opportunity to get that survivor will come back around. Once you’re caught in a loop you’ve lost the element of surprise that a strong killer depends on

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I don't wanna be that girl, because I like you, but you DID say this before...that you were leaving and whatnot.

And came back. 😆

• Kilmeran
    edited July 2019

Never mind

Post edited by Kilmeran on
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’d just fix the spaghetti code.

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

You're off to a good start. I'd let them keep the hit-boost, though, and instead limit heals per down (say 3?). It's a bit cartoonish to have someone take 10 machete wounds and be fine after a few seconds of theraputic massage, and that would add a sense of pressure.

I'd also balance the game towards Killers getting 2-3 kills, rather than a 2 average. Survival shouldn't be an expectation. You should be EXCITED to be the Last Girl. On the flip side, no Rank system, at least not a visible one that overtly tells you and others how "good" you are and rubs in losses (and moris) with black pips.

Killer movement would need a lot of reworking. Most Killers move in the same predictable way, and that holds the entire game back. I would even be okay with some Killers being exceptionally fast under certain conditions or having movement gimmicks like climbing or crashing through walls, but needing 3 hits to down (remaining 2 once Healthy is lost).

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Good luck finding players who want to play survivor then. Noone likes to play where losing is already determined by choosing a specific role.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited July 2019

I'd re-balance all killers to be able to do decent at mid rank with low-mid add-on's and perks, and make them all competitively viable at high rank with the aid of higher rank add-on's and perks.

I'd also make the perks and add-on's availability reflect the ranks:

rank 20 = no perks, only brown items/add-on's,

rank 15, = rank 1 perks and brown and yellow items/add-on's,

rank 10 = rank 2 perks, brown, yellow, and green items/add-on's,

Rank 8 = rank 3 perks, brown, yellow, green, and purple items/add-on's,

rank 5+ = all perks, all add-on's available.

Selecting a rank 3 perk at lower ranks downgrades it to the appropriate level for the rank you are competing for the match, items and add-on's are restricted by rank, and higher quality items can only be used if looted during a match.

On top of that I'd improve the engine, graphics, and optimizations to better fit the standard systems capabilities of today. Make dedicated servers active from day one, balance it around SWF by adding in-game voice communication, uncensored mori animations to enhance the horror aspect (for applicable countries), provide mori animation dlc packs for more variety, reduce the grind a bit, give survivors their own unique quirks/abilities to make them more than just interchangeable skins, improve the audio quality, tone down the condescending "tutorial mode" hud notifications at rank 8 and again at rank 5, add more game modes and objectives, and re-do the ranking system to reflect player skill better as well as provide greater rewards for achieving higher ranks.

Finally (shameless plug), I'd add this killer to the game:

I think it'd be a blast to play as and against.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657

Chases should be based around losing the killer instead of stalling them. Ring around the Rosie needs to go. Give us Deathgarden chases.

Greed, selfishness, and betrayal should be encouraged among survivors. You should only be going for altruism if your Ally hasn't outlived their usefulness yet.

Balance philosophy should be what we saw in the dev diaries at launch. "Oh, killers are op? Tough #########. Your Ally left you for dead after you saved them in endgame? Shoulda ditched em when they outlived their usefulness."

If the devs find themselves saying "This killer isn't very strong but the concept is cool", go back to tests and crank some ######### to 11.

Survivors need to have real differences. The only difference between spending 7 bucks on Ash and spending 7 bucks on Waldo Dwight is that Waldo Dwight doesn't add 3 useless perks to your blood web.